hardways78222
Dec 25 2009, 04:46 PM
It is with a sad heart I break this news. One of our own is in a bad way.Rick was involved in a accident On 12/21 09, he is in BAMC, North ICU, 2nd floor, room 6. When I visited him today he was in a medically induced coma & on life support. He has broken both legs, his right wrist, nose, all his ribs, punctured a lung & fractured his neck. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers. After all our petty spats & trash talking, we are still one big family & I love all you guys & gals.

Peace,
Raisinets

jimbob8
Dec 25 2009, 06:51 PM
It is with a sad heart I break this news. One of our own is in a bad way.Rick was involved in a accident On 12/21 09, he is in BAMC, North ICU, 2nd floor, room 6. When I visited him today he was in a medically induced coma & on life support. He has broken both legs, his right wrist, nose, all his ribs, punctured a lung & fractured his neck. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers. After all our petty spats & trash talking, we are still one big family & I love all you guys & gals.

Peace,
Raisinets

We just heard the news, thank you for posting this Jerry, Rick and his family will be in our prayers...

DISConnected
Dec 25 2009, 07:03 PM
Ditto.

opereida
Dec 25 2009, 07:10 PM
If you have any time...please go see him. It might just be our voices that make him turn for the better.

To get on base all you need is current tags on vehicle, proof of insurance and an ID (drivers license). They also do random searches of vehicles.

DISConnected
Dec 25 2009, 10:41 PM
I am going to try to go tomorrow.

hardways78222
Dec 27 2009, 09:10 AM
Jim Bob, your suggestion was a hit !!!! Thanks to all that donated there winnings, We raised $165.00 for Ricks' family.

hardways78222
Dec 27 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys - after the mini this morning at UC we have $205.00 for Rick. I am meeting Jason Archer at 2:30 this afternoon to take the money to his wife. You guys are awesome.

Love Ya!
Jerry

JerryChesterson
Dec 27 2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys - after the mini this morning at UC we have $205.00 for Rick. I am meeting Jason Archer at 2:30 this afternoon to take the money to his wife. You guys are awesome.

Love Ya!
Jerry

Thanks for spearheading this Jerry and JimBob.

opereida
Dec 28 2009, 05:57 PM
Just got back from seeing Rick. I think he looks bad but the Doctors say he's doing good. He had his neck fused today so he was under heavy medications when I went by. He is still on life support. Hope he gets better....looks like a long recovery.

hardways78222
Dec 28 2009, 07:31 PM
Due to timing I was not able to get the money to Ricks' wife until today. The total raised was $300.00 & a big shout out to Jason Archer for paying Januarys rent on the apartment.

opereida
Dec 28 2009, 10:06 PM
Stacey got in contact with Rick's wife today and spoke with her on the phone. Stacey left her her phone number to call if she needs anything (baby sitter, ride, etc). Does anyone know if she works or was Rick the only one working? I am down for helping out with cash as much as I can to help them get through this. Maybe we should run a Rick Gaskill Ice Bowl sorta Tourney?

Laura12670
Dec 29 2009, 10:20 AM
Stacey got in contact with Rick's wife today and spoke with her on the phone. Stacey left her her phone number to call if she needs anything (baby sitter, ride, etc). Does anyone know if she works or was Rick the only one working? I am down for helping out with cash as much as I can to help them get through this. Maybe we should run a Rick Gaskill Ice Bowl sorta Tourney?

Good job every one, wow Jason Archer! I agree Bird we should run some kind of mini or something... maybe the proceeds or ace pot for the New Years Day mini can go to them?

TXZRX1100
Dec 29 2009, 11:14 AM
I went to see him yesterday as well. He's in bad shape, but not as bad as it sounded. He didn't break his arms or legs. His main issues are from the waist up. (I know we mostly figured it has always been from the neck up!!) Broke all his ribs, fractued his neck and smashed his face. He had the neck fusion to stabilize his neck so they can insert a trachea tube and then they can begin repairing the damage to his face. He was never in a coma and while I was there he opened his eyes in aknowledgement that I was there. Like the Doctor and Nurse said, he will recognize and can understand you but is unable to speak which is kinda awkward. I told them that it was a blessing for them now because once he can speak again, he'll never stop!! Keep him and his family in your thoughts, swing by to see him when you have time, and let's continue to see what we can do to help him and his family by whatever means we can.

Dr. Safety

hyzerhunny
Jan 07 2010, 02:04 PM
any updates on Rick?

opereida
Jan 27 2010, 12:58 PM
Saw Jason Archer yesterday at McClain and he said Rick was walking and talking and is getting out of the hospital this week. That's great news!

hyzerhunny
Jan 27 2010, 05:27 PM
Fabulous!!!

Grog
Jan 27 2010, 05:29 PM
Saw Jason Archer yesterday at McClain and he said Rick was walking and talking and is getting out of the hospital this week. That's great news!

If he's talking we know WHY he's getting out this week! Great to hear though.

hardways78222
Jan 27 2010, 09:00 PM
Hey folks, great news I just talked to Bugman, he was at the hospital & Rick got discharged while he was there, still in a neck brace & recovery to go. RICK IS AT HOME!!!!!! SSSWWWEEEEETTTT!!!!

Grog
Jan 27 2010, 10:46 PM
That is great news Jer!

opereida
Feb 12 2010, 10:03 PM
Rick is out of the hospital but still has ongoing surgery's. He has doctors appointments and has no car and don't forget about all the other day to day needs (grocery store, bank, etc). If anyone can help him and his family out with some rides call him at 210-646-6627. Thanks everyone.;)