davidtaylorjr
Dec 07 2009, 08:38 AM
I had a couple of questions about rule enforcement.

I played this weekend in the Intermediate Division at the Charleston Classic. It was my first tourney so I didn't know protocol on rule enforcement.

Here are some of my concerns:

Many of the players would throw out of turn without regard for the away player.

One player in particular was lying about his score, but I couldn't prove it because the other guys didn't care enough to pay attention.

One player actually picked up my disc and putted out for me.

What do you do in these situations? It didn't make for a good first tournament experience...

davidsauls
Dec 07 2009, 08:57 AM
Ask that they follow the rules.

If that doesn't work, demand that they follow the rules.

If that doesn't work, go to the TD.

I'd think this is an unusual tournament experience. Don't let it discourage you. Perhaps you just ended up with some overly casual players---I was in a different division at the same tournament, where you'd never see any of this behaviour.

bravo
Dec 17 2009, 10:48 AM
in novice and intermediate divisions i would expect an incomplete knowledge of the rules.
these divisions are in place for that reason as well as honing their playing skills the players develope by expeirience. this sounds like it could have been an opportunity for growth for all the players on the card.

md21954
Dec 17 2009, 01:44 PM
What do you do in these situations? It didn't make for a good first tournament experience...

move up.