thediscinmusician
Dec 04 2009, 05:21 PM
Didn't really know where this topic should go so I'm decided to post here. Just wanted ya'lls opinion.

I've got to looking at my scores over the last quarter and really comparing myself to other divisions ahead of me. I've been coming in the top 3 in the last few tournaments I've played in, even won one. Now I'm already playing up a division from what my rating says I should be. According to my rating I should be a "novice". I'm playing in Rec and finishing top 3 and hearing the slight grumbles of "bagger" Which is good I guess. I've kind of figured my rating out ahead of time and it looks as though I'll be back in Rec again but I'm debating moving up to INT. starting at the beginning of the year. Thoughts on this subject.

My score averages in the middle with INT, and the bottom percent of ADV. Should I stay in Rec. I just feel like I'm going nowhere. Playing with quote on quote better players in INT. feels like it could help! My friend said I should stay in Rec until I start dominating every tourney and winning everyone. Once again...thoughts. Thanks!

vadiscgolf
Dec 04 2009, 11:51 PM
If you think you can play better and you are still improving, then I suggest moving up. But if you think this is the best you can do then stay in the same division. For me moving up wasn't a hard thing to do, just win some first before moving up another division. It builds confidence and experience with playing under pressure.