mule1
Nov 30 2009, 10:07 AM
Charlotte Disc Golf Club would like to announce "Twins". Nevin and Elon were born this past weekend. Both weighed in at par 66. They are located at Nevin Park which is 3 miles away from Hornet's Nest and the other is on the extreme south end of the county in Elon Park. Elon now has an 18 hole beginner course and a seperate 18 hole tournament course.

They are a bit rough right now, but tee pads will not be long behind and signage too. We like to open them as soon as possible to get the breaking in process started and a few more hands involved in pitching remaining debris off the fairways.

Nevin: from I-77 take exit 16A (headed east) and go about 1/2 a mile to Statesville Rd. Turn right onto Statesville Rd and go about 1/2 mile and turn left into the park. Drive straight back into the park until the road dumps you into a parking lot. Turn right into the lot and drive to the end and park. The course begins beyond the lot and across the road in the woods. Look for flagging tape and temp signs to find tee #1.

Elon: From I-77 on the south side of town take I-485 outer loop (eastbound). Go about 6 miles to exit 61 and head south onto Johnston Rd. Go bout 3.5 miles and turn left (at a traffic light) onto Ardrey Kell Rd. Go about 1/8 of a mile and turn into the park inbetween the Peak Fitness and the Elementary school. Drive past the soccer fields on the left all the way into the back of the park and look for the disc golf parking lot on the right. Both courses begin at this parking lot.