thediscinmusician
Nov 27 2009, 10:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the old Beast mold (pre-barry stamp) and the new one. Is there any difference and does anyone have any pictures that I could see that would show the difference! Thanks!

dgdave
Nov 27 2009, 11:22 AM
The OM is really close to the Orc and the new mold is practically an Orc-L

thediscinmusician
Nov 27 2009, 12:47 PM
So...I actually have 2 old mold beasts and a newer one. It looks like the new one has no curve on the under lip. It's flat, and the old one's have a curve on the under lip. Like the difference between a Firebird L and an FX. Is that correct?

20460chase
Nov 27 2009, 01:02 PM
So...I actually have 2 old mold beasts and a newer one. It looks like the new one has no curve on the under lip. It's flat, and the old one's have a curve on the under lip. Like the difference between a Firebird L and an FX. Is that correct?

Yes. The above discription of Orc-L is pretty close for the new mold, though there are plenty of differences between the old mold and an Orc. The thing that they lost was a late flip, usually 3/4th of the way down the fairway. The new ones flip, but for me, usually early and often. I quit throwing Beasts after the change. Still havent found a disc that will flip that late in flight and finish hyser.

If you have an old super stiff DX with a poppy top, youve got a serious disc on your hands.

gippy
Nov 28 2009, 10:01 AM
They decided to retool the Beast do to the fact it was so close to the ORC. Old mold are nice and stable til beat then they turn into late flip anny disc for me any ways. I am throwing a old pro line beast Champ plastic that says pro line on it my old one will hyzer flip than anny to finish. My new one just flips flat and hyzer finishes. The beast was meant to be like a faster Valkyrie and not so ORCish. The got what they were looking for with the new mold. Hope this helps.

the_kid
Nov 29 2009, 02:55 PM
They decided to retool the Beast do to the fact it was so close to the ORC. Old mold are nice and stable til beat then they turn into late flip anny disc for me any ways. I am throwing a old pro line beast Champ plastic that says pro line on it my old one will hayzer flip than anny to finish the new one just flips flat and hyzer finishes. The best was meant to be like a faster Valkyrie and not so ORCish. The got what they were looking for with the new mold. Hope this helps.

Yeah while at the same time discontinuing one of the best molds they ever made. The new mold is lame with no HSS but the old one in DX was a frozen rope.

bravo
Nov 29 2009, 05:38 PM
i was surching thru a used invetory and found an old mold beast and bought it.
now it is in the bag to stay.I have taken the new beast out and now the beasts in my throwing stock have been moved to the for sale stock, the 2 molds are worlds apart.

UncleBob
Jan 10 2010, 02:29 AM
I have 4 new unthrown pro line beast one is 164g the 171g and 2 174g
If you are interested
Uncle Bob

sillycybe
Jan 13 2010, 01:16 PM
Why is that everybody says the OM Beast was too much like the Orc? The Beast came out before the Orc if I remember correctly, so the Orc was like the OM Beast. Either way, I still throw the OM, not the flat edge new ones.

gippy
Jan 13 2010, 01:27 PM
Why is that everybody says the OM Beast was too much like the Orc? The Beast came out before the Orc if I remember correctly, so the Orc was like the OM Beast. Either way, I still throw the OM, not the flat edge new ones.

Yes you are right. Thats why I loved the orc so much. I have 2 OM Beasts one "Pro Line" and one Champ with a Zonedriven Stamp if your interasted PM me with a offer