AlmaWillie
Nov 22 2009, 09:57 PM
I got some bad news today while at church. One of our members is currently in Afghanistan, and his wife said that one of his captains had a heart attack in the last couple of days. Upon talking to her further, I come to find out it was one of our fellow disc golfers Terry Blanton. She did not know alot, other than that he is now in a hospital in Germany and that it happened during a training exercise.

Terry had just recieved many discs and was in the process of getting a basket, just trying to spread disc golf no matter where he is and what the situtation. He is a great guy, and is sure needing our thoughts and prayers. I'll try to find out more soon.

If anyone knows any nore please post too, or call someone who can post.

Terry, if you read this, know that lots of prayer went up for you today, and will continue until you get back home. Post for us and let us know how you're doing!

Rod07Ger
Nov 23 2009, 10:01 AM
WOW !!!! small world !!!!

but, Yes our thoughts and prayers will be with Terry and family on his speedy recovery back to disc golf shape !!!!! :)

Looking forward to seeing Terry soon and playing a round of disc golf and discussing his adventures in Afghanistan !!!!! :) :D :cool:

DoughDuff
Nov 23 2009, 04:36 PM
That sux...lot's of well wishes from here for you Terry!!
Wasn't he coming home for the holidays?

DoughDuff
Dec 07 2009, 01:31 PM
Has anyone heard anything about how Terry is doing?

Rod07Ger
Dec 08 2009, 11:37 AM
Not at this time !!!!!

but our thoughts are still with Terry and family for his speedy recovery !!!! :)

DoughDuff
Dec 08 2009, 08:17 PM
Same here...Does anyone know how to get in contact with his wife?

Rod07Ger
Dec 08 2009, 09:35 PM
yes, I know were they live and I've been meaning to go out and see if she needed anything !!!!!

but didn't want to just drop in for a surprise visit. I will probably just go on out and check in soon after finals !!!

DoughDuff
Dec 10 2009, 08:38 PM
Why don't you do that then...and keep us posted....please

TerryBlanton
Dec 12 2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Sorry about not posting sooner, things have been a little fuzzy lately. I made it home from the hospital Germany last week, and everything seems to be OK. I now have some fancy new metal in me and get to take lots of meds for a very long time, but that beats the alternative. Hopefully, I will get cleared to be back on the course soon. Maybe I can add some D to my drives.

Rod07Ger
Dec 12 2009, 02:49 PM
It's GREAT to hear from ya Terry and it sounds like things are looking up for the future !!!!! :)

Does that mean your in Bonanza at your house !!!!

If so that means Sunday might be a good time to run by the course and shoot the breeze !!!!! ;)

I'm sure the doctor wants you to exercise a little, maybe you could walk around a few holes !!!!! :)

Rod07Ger
Dec 14 2009, 08:01 PM
WOW !!!!!! Terry called today and I got to play #9 holes of casual golf with him at Ben Geren !!! :cool:

By the way a thinner (twenty or so lb.) version of Terry, but he still has that reliable disc golf game that he always had (maybe a little rusty)

But I'm sure it won't take him long to get back into his true form !!!!! :)

I just wanted to be the first to welcome Terry back home from Afghanistan and I see lots of birdies in his future !!!!! :) :D :cool:

TeeBirdPoop
Dec 16 2009, 08:39 AM
Welcome back Terry! Glad to hear you are going to be Ok!

DoughDuff
Dec 22 2009, 07:34 PM
Glad to hear that your back and doing ok Terry... Happy Holidays, I look foward to seeing you next year..