opereida
Nov 13 2009, 08:49 PM
The time is approaching fast again for next years Ice Bowl. I am looking at February 13th or 20th for the date. We always want the money and food raised to stay in San Antonio. We are looking to help out those who have sacrificed themselves to protect our freedom (Iraq and Afghanistan War Veterans). I have looked at a couple of non profit organizations but haven't singled one out yet. If you know of one please contact me. The past two SADC Ice Bowls have raised over $2000 in cash and hundreds of pounds of food. 2010's Ice Bowl will have a $5000 money goal that I believe we as a club can meet. It's going to be the Best Ice Bowl yet.

Bring Your Own Partner Doubles ($30.00 per team entry, $5.00 per team goes to Ace Pot)

I am not sure what park we are playing.....McClain or Pearsall?

Lots of raffle prizes and lots of FUN!!!

Stay tuned for more details........

There's a picture of us from last year on the website...let the photos play and you'll see it.

http://icebowlhq.com/

hardways78222
Nov 14 2009, 10:16 AM
I would like to see it on the 20th(the 13th is the final traveling dubs in New Braunsfels).

opereida
Nov 15 2009, 05:24 PM
Just need to find out when Victoria Open is? I know its towards the end of the month in February. If it's not on the 20th then I'll go with that date.

opereida
Nov 24 2009, 11:59 PM
What can I say about Rob and Amy Cartwright...."They're Freakin Awesome"!!!...and the Beer is Very Tasty!!! Independence Brewing Co. will once again have some Ice Cold Beverages for us to enjoy. They are just as excited as me about the 3rd Annual SADC Ice Bowl....It's gonna be HUGE...I promise.;)

JerryChesterson
Dec 01 2009, 12:14 PM
Any word on a date yet?

opereida
Dec 03 2009, 08:18 PM
Haven't officially registered the event but I am going with February 20, 2010. Still working on the charity with some help from Phil Morgan. Will let you all know soon.

JerryChesterson
Dec 04 2009, 09:55 AM
Haven't officially registered the event but I am going with February 20, 2010. Still working on the charity with some help from Phil Morgan. Will let you all know soon.
Let me know what I can do to help.

Also, SADC we need to make this the best Ice Bowl yet. This is going to be a great cause so please support the event. Don't forget the SADC Championships (which is free to play, only requires your bag tag & $10 worth of non-perishable food) is a sponsoring event for the Ice Bowl. All food and proceeds gathered at the SADC Championships will be donated to the Ice Bowl. Remember the look of joy each year when we've presented the SA Food Bank and other charities their donations? :D You can make a difference and together Disc Golf can make a difference in our community!

opereida
Dec 15 2009, 11:24 PM
Next Years SADC Ice Bowl Charity will be Operation Homefront (The Village). I met with Gracie Broll today to take a tour of their establishment. They are there to help the Wounded Warrriors of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. They have 19 apartments here in San Antonio that they allow the wounded soldiers and their families to live in while they are undergoing treatment and rehab at BAMC or the Intrepid Center. Once the service member gets a medical retirement they do not immediately draw their VA benifits. The VA benefits are supposed to start within 30 days of seperation from the military but actually takes more like 3-4 months to start. Imagine losing your job and not being able to work and provide for your family during that time. They are really excited and so am I. I am the Tournament Director of the Ice Bowl but I need everyone's help to make this a HUGE success. I will have some sponsorship letters done later this week so if you think you can round up some cash or raffle prizes let me know. Will post more details soon.....:)

JerryChesterson
Dec 16 2009, 04:52 PM
Next Years SADC Ice Bowl Charity will be Operation Homefront (The Village). I met with Gracie Broll today to take a tour of their establishment. They are there to help the Wounded Warrriors of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. They have 19 apartments here in San Antonio that they allow the wounded soldiers and their families to live in while they are undergoing treatment and rehab at BAMC or the Intrepid Center. Once the service member gets a medical retirement they do not immediately draw their VA benifits. The VA benefits are supposed to start within 30 days of seperation from the military but actually takes more like 3-4 months to start. Imagine losing your job and not being able to work and provide for your family during that time. They are really excited and so am I. I am the Tournament Director of the Ice Bowl but I need everyone's help to make this a HUGE success. I will have some sponsorship letters done later this week so if you think you can round up some cash or raffle prizes let me know. Will post more details soon.....:)

Do you know if this charity is 501(c)(3) tax-exempt within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is a public charity within the meaning of Section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2) or 509(a)(3) of the Code? If so I may have located a title sponsor.

opereida
Dec 16 2009, 05:51 PM
Website states they are a nonprofit 501(c)(3). Check em out at www.operationhomefront.net

I am going to start Operation Home Brew soon so I can have plenty of different beers to give away at the Ice Bowl.:D

DiscJay
Dec 16 2009, 10:32 PM
Bird,

As soon as you decide how much it will be to sponsor a hole let me know. My wife and I would like to sponsor a hole.

opereida
Dec 16 2009, 11:40 PM
Bird,

As soon as you decide how much it will be to sponsor a hole let me know. My wife and I would like to sponsor a hole.

Looks like you all are the first Hole Sponsors for the Ice Bowl....what Hole would you like? Hole sponsorships will be $25.00 (or any donation over that amount:)). The only difference is that I will not limit sponsors to 18 holes. If we fill 18 holes with sponsors we will just double up on it and allow more than one sponsor per hole. Thanks Jay.;)

opereida
Dec 16 2009, 11:56 PM
The below link is the actual website that we are donating to (The Village). This is the San Antonio Chapter and this is where the money will go. Check it out. Thanks again to Phil Morgan for helping find the perfect charity.

http://www.operationhomefront.net/homefrontvillage/

JerryChesterson
Dec 17 2009, 11:16 AM
Website states they are a nonprofit 501(c)(3). Check em out at www.operationhomefront.net

Due to nature of the potential donor they need to know if they are 501(c)(3) tax-exempt & within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is a public charity within the meaning of Section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2) or 509(a)(3) of the Code. Do you mind if I contact them directly to get the appropriate paper work? If so, is there a specfiic contact I should work with. Hopefully this turns into a substantial donation :D.

Commence Operations Homebrew!

opereida
Dec 17 2009, 05:12 PM
I sent you a PM with contact info. Thanks Scott.

opereida
Dec 17 2009, 08:21 PM
Saturday February 20th 2010
3rd Annual SADC Charity Ice Bowl
Bryan McClain Park
San Antonio, Texas

Two Rounds of Bring Your Partner Doubles
$30.00 a Team ($5.00 Ace Pot Included, Per Team)
Everyone gets a Players Pack
Players Meeting will be at 8:45 A.M.
Open, Advanced, Intermediate and Recreational Divisions

NO PAYOUT!!! All money collected will be given to charity (Operation Homefront Village) and Non Perishable foods collected will be given to The San Antonio Food Bank.
There will be a Raffle, CTP and games.

Ice Bowl Rules: No Wimps, No Whiners, Ice Bowl Cannot Be Cancelled Due To Weather Conditions, Be There Or Be A Wimp!!!

Contact us at [email protected] with questions.

DiscJay
Dec 17 2009, 10:06 PM
Hole 2 would be great, Bird.

opereida
Dec 19 2009, 08:22 PM
I am going to brew the following beers next week to kick off Operation Homebrew:

Irish Red Ale

Weizenbier (Wheat)

Brown Ale

Gingered Ale

These will be some of my brews that I will be giving away at the Ice Bowl.;)

JerryChesterson
Dec 20 2009, 05:13 PM
I took the liberty of making flyer.

Does this look OK? If so, feel free to post and/or email it around.

2010 SADC Flyer (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/Flyer.pdf)

opereida
Dec 20 2009, 05:29 PM
Looks great!! Thanks....:)

DiscJay
Dec 29 2009, 02:45 PM
Bird,

James Lawton would like to sponsor hole 13. When do you need our money for the hole sponsorships?

opereida
Dec 29 2009, 06:12 PM
Bird,

James Lawton would like to sponsor hole 13. When do you need our money for the hole sponsorships?

Anytime before the Ice Bowl. Thanks guys....;)

JerryChesterson
Dec 29 2009, 06:42 PM
You can mark me down the Fox, Shaka, Elise & Scott Hougland for Hole 5 :D.

opereida
Dec 29 2009, 10:53 PM
You can mark me down the Fox, Shaka, Elise & Scott Hougland for Hole 5 :D.

Sweet Thanks Scott!!!

OPERATION HOMEBREW STATUS:

Wheat Beer.......Brewed (5 Gallons)
Bogey Free Brown Ale........Brewed (5 Gallons)

JerryChesterson
Dec 30 2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet Thanks Scott!!!

Wheat Beer.......Brewed (5 Gallons)
Bogey Free Brown Ale........Brewed (5 Gallons)

Dude Wheat Beer is my 2nd favorite style of beer! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WHEAT BEEEEEEEEER.

http://icons.iconator.com/770/ICONATOR_5b12416f0da7f24973595aa170c28f4d.jpg

ishkatbible
Jan 02 2010, 02:42 PM
guys... how many of you are bringing your girls? the wife and i are planning on teamimg up together.

opereida
Jan 02 2010, 06:11 PM
Let's go ahead and add a Mixed Division for the Ice Bowl.

Registration is now open for the Ice Bowl. You can register at any SADC event or anytime you see me on the course. So go get a partner and get registered.

opereida
Jan 02 2010, 11:22 PM

Wheat Beer.......Went into secondary fermenter today.
Bogey Free Brown Ale........Brewed

Black Gingered Ale....Brewed (5 Gallons Today) The freshly grated gingeroot made this brew smell fabulous. I can't wait to taste it.:)

Laura12670
Jan 05 2010, 04:50 PM
Let's go ahead and add a Mixed Division for the Ice Bowl.

Registration is now open for the Ice Bowl. You can register at any SADC event or anytime you see me on the course. So go get a partner and get registered.

This sounds fun!!! Jimmy and I had already decided to be partners for the Int. Division

But if there are enough teams for the Mixed Division then put us down for that one!!

Come on LOLO's if you hubbys or boyfriends already have partners I am sure there are lots of disc golfers out there that don't have one!! :)

JerryChesterson
Jan 05 2010, 05:12 PM
This sounds fun!!! Jimmy and I had already decided to be partners for the Int. Division

But if there are enough teams for the Mixed Division then put us down for that one!!

Come on LOLO's if you hubbys or boyfriends already have partners I am sure there are lots of disc golfers out there that don't have one!! :)

Think about it ... there's Jerry and Jeanie, Kyle & Dr. Safety, Jerrod & Lena (sp), plus the 2 already mentioned ... that would be an awesome division. I'll see if my buddy Matt and his girlfriend want to come play too!

Laura12670
Jan 05 2010, 06:14 PM
Think about it ... there's Jerry and Jeanie, Kyle & Dr. Safety, Jerrod & Lena (sp), plus the 2 already mentioned ... that would be an awesome division. I'll see if my buddy Matt and his girlfriend want to come play too!

You're forgetting, Tara & Matt, Jennifer & Jonathan, Danielle & Joe, Myrriah & Marcos, Stacey & Bird, Micah & Laura, Becky & Stan...

Not to mention all the couples in Austin, Round Rock, Corpus, Houston areas....

This would be sweet!!!

ishkatbible
Jan 05 2010, 09:25 PM
You're forgetting, Tara & Matt, Jennifer & Jonathan, Danielle & Joe, Myrriah & Marcos, Stacey & Bird, Micah & Laura, Becky & Stan...

Not to mention all the couples in Austin, Round Rock, Corpus, Houston areas....

This would be sweet!!!

heck yeah!!! maybe we'll have the biggest division out there!!! lets go for it!!!

opereida
Jan 05 2010, 09:45 PM
Each player that is of age will receive a bottle of my Home Brew along with their players pack. Your choice of beer....I should have a good variety to choose from by then. Man I'm getting thirsty.;)

Also, don't forget about the beer Independence Brewing is donating. Good Stuff!!!

JerryChesterson
Jan 05 2010, 11:30 PM
Each player that is of age will receive a bottle of my Home Brew along with their players pack. Your choice of beer....I should have a good variety to choose from by then. Man I'm getting thirsty.;)

Also, don't forget about the beer Independence Brewing is donating. Good Stuff!!!

By far the best player's pack idea ever ... Home Brew!

Laura12670
Jan 06 2010, 01:50 PM
by far the best player's pack idea ever ... Home brew!

whoo hoo!! Very nice bird!!! :)

CGPRush
Jan 07 2010, 12:28 AM
Bird,

Put me down for a bottle of the Black Gingered Ale.
That is, if I get a partner; anybody need a partner?

Can I pay twice and play Cali (and get 2 bottles of home brew)?:D

Also, put me down for 2 hole sponsorships, one on the front nine, one on the back nine; I don't care which.

opereida
Jan 07 2010, 08:26 PM
Sweet Corey, I'll put you down for two holes. As for the Home Brew...I should have enough for you to get two bottles but don't tell anyone.;)

JerryChesterson
Jan 10 2010, 09:35 PM
Bird,

Please add Matt Dumke & Sara Koontz to the Mixed Doubles Division.

RiX Perez
Jan 11 2010, 09:39 AM
SADC Ice Bowl Flyers will be hung out at Pearsall after the Nightmare... there's a laminated one there now but mutiple ones will be available after 16th.

Put Jeff Gobin and RiX down for the tourny.... just gotta come up with a name...

JerryChesterson
Jan 11 2010, 10:45 AM
just gotta come up with a name...

How bout Riff Gobez

Laura12670
Jan 11 2010, 03:24 PM
Bird,

How many Mixed Division so far?

Laura12670
Jan 11 2010, 03:24 PM
Bird,

How many Mixed Division teams so far?

CGPRush
Jan 11 2010, 03:35 PM
How bout Riff Gobez

It's got a certain ring about it ...
Better than Jix Perbel anyway ...

ishkatbible
Jan 11 2010, 03:38 PM
How many Mixed Division teams so far?

i'm curious too.

I know me and Joni are playing, John Gold said he and his wife are coming down, Edwin and Faith are playing. That should be at least 5 so far!!!

RiX Perez
Jan 12 2010, 09:10 AM
How bout Riff Gobez

Ha! That's pretty cool... the Riffs.. like on the "Warriors" .... though I think Jeff is too young to know what movie I am talking about.... let us see how deep his knowledge runs

DISConnected
Jan 12 2010, 07:34 PM
Live Oak would like to sponsor a couple of holes.

How about hole 1? Is that taken?

opereida
Jan 12 2010, 11:07 PM
Live Oak would like to sponsor a couple of holes.

How about hole 1? Is that taken?

Hole 1 is taken. How about 3 and 10? Thanks alot for the sponsorship.

Bottled the Ginger ale today.....tasted pretty good warm and flat. Brewed the red ale yesterday. I have 6 cases of home brew in my room. Can't guarantee it'll all make it to the ice bowl :D. I can guarantee everyone of age will get one.

DISConnected
Jan 12 2010, 11:59 PM
3 and 10 is good.

Mmmmm....ginger ale. :D

JerryChesterson
Jan 14 2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/icebowl.pdf

opereida
Jan 21 2010, 02:28 PM
We will be giving away an Innova DISCatcher Portable Basket at the Ice Bowl. Come and win it!!! We will be ordering shirts soon so get a partner and get registered. I will be taking registrations and Hole Sponsorships at the Saturday McClain Mini.

CGPRush
Jan 22 2010, 06:58 PM
Well, Coach, how about it?

opereida
Jan 22 2010, 07:10 PM
Last two Ice Bowl brews will be made tonight.

Pumpkin Smashin Ale (Back by popular demand)
India Pale Ale (IPA)

ksnyder
Jan 26 2010, 12:30 AM
Please put Kyle Snyder and Dave Doss down for mixed doubles.

My hubby and Jerry are playing, if we put one in a dress can they play in mixed too???

hardways78222
Jan 26 2010, 09:34 AM
David would look sweet in that pink tennis outfit !!!!!!!

JerryChesterson
Jan 26 2010, 10:05 AM
David would look sweet in that pink tennis outfit !!!!!!!

Greg, that's your que. Please post sics of Charlie and Gomez.

opereida
Jan 26 2010, 09:12 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2738/4220402687_b15dfcf6d7.jpg

opereida
Jan 26 2010, 09:37 PM
Current Ice Bowl Hole Sponsors:

Hole #1 - Fly Inc. (Paid)
Hole #2 - Jay Kuzmak
Hole #3 - LODGA
Hole #4 - Corey Peschke
Hole #5 - The Chesterson Family
Hole #6 - Bird & Stacey
Hole #7 - Home Brew Party (Paid)
Hole #8 -
Hole #9 - Jay and Des Reading
Hole #10 - LODGA
Hole #11 -
Hole #12 -
Hole #13 - James Lawton
Hole #14 -
Hole #15 -
Hole #16 -
Hole #17 -
Hole #18 - Corey Peschke

If you are interested in sponsoring a hole let me know. You all can pay me up to the Ice Bowl date of 2-20-10. Thanks for supporting this great cause.

We can always use more raffle prizes to raise more money for the charity so if you have anything to donate please do. I will be at the Live Oak Ice Bowl this Saturday.

Ice Bowl T-shirts might be limited to a certain number so if you want one you need to pre-pay to guarantee you get one. Teams that are already paid and registered:

Open

Bill Karshis / Randall Karshis

Mixed

Jonathan Dubois / Jennifer Morales

opereida
Feb 01 2010, 07:09 PM
Two more hole sponsors added: Marcos and Myrriah, and Genesis Business Systems.

Real Ale Brewing Company is on board as a sponsor. Gonna drive up to the Brewery this Thursday to pick up some goodies.:)

Find a partner and get signed up soon. You can post here if you want to be added to the players list or you can email me at [email protected]

opereida
Feb 01 2010, 09:50 PM
I hope your partner can putt...you'll need them to win the Partner Putting Challenge.:D

JerryChesterson
Feb 03 2010, 11:41 AM
Anyone need a partner? Mu buddy from Dallas is coming down and his partner dropped. He's an INT player.

JHouston
Feb 04 2010, 08:24 PM
Kannnnn Jammmm is in will bring it out to ice bowl

opereida
Feb 04 2010, 09:53 PM
Sweet!!! I'll have to give it a try. Like I need other things to be addicted to.:D

opereida
Feb 04 2010, 09:57 PM
Aerobie is in as a sponsor.:cool: They are HUGE supporters of our events.

"Hi Orlando,

Thanks for including us again. We are sending you an Epic driver and an Arrow putter for use as prizes or whatever in support of your tournament.

Good luck with the Ice Bowl.
Alex Tennant
Aerobie, Inc."

JerryChesterson
Feb 04 2010, 11:00 PM
Aerobie is in as a sponsor.:cool: They are HUGE supporters of our events.

"Hi Orlando,

Thanks for including us again. We are sending you an Epic driver and an Arrow putter for use as prizes or whatever in support of your tournament.

Good luck with the Ice Bowl.
Alex Tennant
Aerobie, Inc."

I saw a dude at Worlds that could throw the Epic well over 400' as a thumber. It was awesome!

chuckles
Feb 10 2010, 08:52 PM
I saw a dude at Worlds that could throw the Epic well over 400' as a thumber. It was awesome!

I played around with the Epic for a while. You can throw thumbers and make them fade left or right depending on how you gripped them. It is awesome!!!!

Laura12670
Feb 11 2010, 04:51 PM
Hey Bird,

can you add Gas Money Robert Gomez and our newest LOLO Stephanie (Stef) Vincent to the mixed division!!!

Yeah can't wait this will be a blast!!!

Thanks
Baby :)

opereida
Feb 11 2010, 07:13 PM
Hey Bird,

can you add Gas Money Robert Gomez and our newest LOLO Stephanie (Stef) Vincent to the mixed division!!!

Yeah can't wait this will be a blast!!!

Thanks
Baby :)

Will do. We have been hit this winter with lots of rain and McClain is pretty soaked. I will make a game time decision if I feel we need to play somewhere else. It's gonna be a FUN Ice Bowl.....don't miss it. ;)

JerryChesterson
Feb 11 2010, 08:17 PM
Will do. We have been hit this winter with lots of rain and McClain is pretty soaked. I will make a game time decision if I feel we need to play somewhere else. It's gonna be a FUN Ice Bowl.....don't miss it. ;)

Is there any way to get a huge load of mulch out there? We could wheel barrell it to 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 and along the trails and that would probably do the trick. Doesn't look like we are planned to get anymore rain between now and the tourney.

jelawton
Feb 11 2010, 08:34 PM
If it's not to late the names for 13 will be James and Michelle Lawton.

redsealking
Feb 12 2010, 12:17 AM
Be sure and let us know so we don't drive up from the 3rd Coast to an empty park!!!

opereida
Feb 12 2010, 07:31 AM
Be sure and let us know so we don't drive up from the 3rd Coast to an empty park!!!

We will still meet at McClain and players will be told there. Just might have to delay the 1st round an hour or so and just play a final 9 2nd round. This is a last resort. It should be OK just might put some temp holes up. See you then.

ishkatbible
Feb 12 2010, 09:39 AM

you have my number? call me when you're on your way. i'll probably show up way too early.

Laura12670
Feb 12 2010, 10:18 AM

Bird spoke to a few people in the construction world of mine and Madison did bust some pipe while they are under construction and the water was drained into the park that is why the park was under water in the unusual areas we were talking about that last time we all played during traveling doubles.... just an fyi...

JerryChesterson
Feb 12 2010, 12:09 PM
Bird spoke to a few people in the construction world of mine and Madison did bust some pipe while they are under construction and the water was drained into the park that is why the park was under water in the unusual areas we were talking about that last time we all played during traveling doubles.... just an fyi...

That makes sense, the water running through the back nine is really clear, almost like its coming out of a tap :confused:

JerryChesterson
Feb 15 2010, 08:21 PM
As of today, water continues to pour into the course at the creek behind hole 14's basket. This is great for the back nine holes where the creek is flowing and contained. However starting just in front of hole 2's tee box, at the low end of the park, holes 2 - 9 are flooded and unplayable.

With TD Orlando's blessing, Marcos, Micah, & I added 8 new never before played holes (well I think 7 of them have never been played) for this weekend. I plan on posting a map of the holes by this weekend. We plan to use these new holes if holes 2 - 9 continue to be unplayable.

Most of the holes are marked with flags if you want to check them out this week. Here is a rough breakdown of how it flows ...

Hole 1 as normal
trail through the trees (yet to be cleared) to hole 2
Hole A shooting back at the practice basket
Walk back up towards hole 1's tee box near parking lot
Hole B shooting from elevated tee to clearing in recently mowed grass
Walk through trail to hole 10
Hole 10 as normal
Hole 11 as normal
Hole 12 as normal
Hole 13's basket is being relocated to near the fence post to the right of power tower, the shot is a flick or an anhyzer from the tee box
Walk back across to hole C's tee box on left of green belt looking towards Judson
Hole C shoots down that road on the left of 13's normal fairway. Shot is approx 300'
Walk on trail (yet to be cleared) back to greenbelt.
Hole D is a beauty ... Basket is approx 350 down the green belt and then approx 250 back into the left side of the green belt. There is a 25 foot wide road there and the basket is down the road. This is a for sure Par 4.
Take trail from basket back to greenbelt (yet to be cleared).
Hole E tees from the left side of the greenbelt looking towards O'Conner back at hole 13's basket.
Hole 14 as normal
Hole 15 as normal
After hole 15 walk back out into the greenbelt and towards O'Conner, tee box is down the green belt.
Hole F is similar to one played at other McClain tourneys, except we cleared out a basket location back across the creek, just to the left of the power tower. Tremendously fun hole!
Walk back across the greenbelt (we'll open the fence up) to the next tee box, which is set into the woods on the left side of the greenbelt facing Judson.
Hole G shoots from the woods, through the recently cleared gap, out into the greenbelt and then back into the wood up past the pole. Approx 315' uphill, really fun shot.
Walk back past hole 15's basket to hole 16.
Hole 16 as normal
Walk to the left just after crossing the creek.
Hole H is a short and tight 235' shot down the path to hole 17's tee. Basket is set back behind a cedar.
Hole 17 as normal
Hole 18 as normal

Plans are to host a trash pick up, practice the new holes, fun event on Friday. Bring your partner out to practice. Start at 3:00, pick up trash on the course and be eligible to win prizes. I'll have trash bags available.

opereida
Feb 15 2010, 09:12 PM
Don't forget to mark your calenders for this one this Saturday (2-20-10). First 75ish players to get signed up and paid will get a SADC Ice Bowl T-Shirt. Get there early to make sure you get your size. All Players 21 years or older will also get their choice of my very own Home Brew. Choose from IPA, Black Gingered Ale, Red Ale, Brown Ale, Wheat and Pumpkin Ale. I've been sampling all of them but managed to save plenty to give away:D. Will also have some craft beers donated from Independence Brewing Company:). Become the Champion of the Partner Putting Challenge. Will also have Ring of Fire and CTP prizes. The past 2 years have drawn almost 100 players and have raise over $2500 each year. Help make this years the best thus far. Supporting our Wounded Warriors of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and also the San Antonio Food Bank. Rackem and Stackem Bar-B-Que Team will be there selling their great tasting brisket tacos. So go get a partner and we'll see you at McClain on Saturday.

opereida
Feb 15 2010, 09:41 PM
Show up this Saturday to find out what this sweet raffle prize is.;) Thanks Freebirds!!!:)

"Hi Orlando, I wanted to touch bases with in regards to the Ice Bowl disc golf event. We would love to do a raffle prize and a sponsorship. I am planning on partnering with Gamestop to get you guys a sweet raffle prize. Please contact me to let me know a timeline of when you need things. I can have everything ready by Thursday if that works.

Pat Smiley
GM, Freebirds World [email protected] Westpointe"

JerryChesterson
Feb 15 2010, 10:00 PM
Subject to change ...

http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/IceBowlMapSmall.jpg

ishkatbible
Feb 16 2010, 12:10 AM
Subject to change ...

(map was here)

i can definately see that being fun!!!

CGPRush
Feb 16 2010, 02:08 AM
Sweet Corey, I'll put you down for two holes. As for the Home Brew...I should have enough for you to get two bottles but don't tell anyone.;)

The disc gods are conspiring against me.:mad:
My second doubles partner had to pull out and there's a good chance I'll have to work Saturday. At this late date and my uncertain ability to be at the Ice Bowl, I won't be playing. If I am available Saturday, I'll come out to the course and help the TD or maybe be a last minute replacement in case someone's partner doesn't/can't show.:D

I still intend to sponsor 2 holes.
Orlando, are you going to be at McClain Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm going to try to play the course one of those days (probably Wednesday) and I can give you the money then.

JerryChesterson
Feb 16 2010, 10:05 AM
Since we'll be setting up 7 temp baskets we can use some help on Saturday morning getting those baskets out to the holes. Show up at 7:30 to help out. Those that help will be rewarded with some raffle tickets :D.

Just so we are all on the same page here's the list of people bringing baskets.

(# of baskets) NAME
(3) Jayson Houston
(1) Scott Hougland
(1) Billy Ware
(1) Dave Wimer
(1) Jerry Lively

mfcastillo17
Feb 16 2010, 11:50 AM
Mikah and I will be out at McClain today at 1:00 clearing trails for the new holes and probably will play after that. If anyone wants to come out and help or just play that would be great!

Marcos

JerryChesterson
Feb 16 2010, 05:23 PM
Subject to change ...

http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/IceBowlMapSmall.jpg

Map has been updated.

opereida
Feb 16 2010, 05:30 PM
Looks like KSAT 12 News will be out at McClain on Saturday covering our Ice Bowl.:) How cool is that?;) I can't wait for this one.

Can you believe there are still people out there that have never heard of Disc Golf?:D

RiX Perez
Feb 16 2010, 08:29 PM
Soooo... I should bring a cuzie for my "liquid refreshments"?

opereida
Feb 16 2010, 09:15 PM
Soooo... I should bring a cuzie for my "liquid refreshments"?

It wouldn't be a bad idea. We just gotta keep it on the down low. 7 Cases Home Brew....5 Cases Independence Brewing Co. Beer = Lot's of Koozies.:D

Laura12670
Feb 17 2010, 06:53 PM
It wouldn't be a bad idea. We just gotta keep it on the down low. 7 Cases Home Brew....5 Cases Independence Brewing Co. Beer = Lot's of Koozies.:D

Hey Bird any word on how many mixed divisions so far?

opereida
Feb 17 2010, 07:39 PM
Heard of about 7-8 teams but only 1 paid and registered. You know how we wait until the last minute to register.:D

ishkatbible
Feb 17 2010, 07:58 PM
Hey Bird any word on how many mixed divisions so far?

i know i'm not bird...

just spoke with the golds and they are still coming. that should be 2 and a half teams. his sister is looking for a partner.

anybody still in search of a partner?

opereida
Feb 17 2010, 08:24 PM
Here is a pic of the shirt front and back.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4365953529_b1429c2b42.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4366699062_0c60349a7f.jpg

ishkatbible
Feb 17 2010, 09:15 PM
i like that! who designed it?

redsealking
Feb 17 2010, 11:17 PM
Man...I hope we get there early enough.

opereida
Feb 17 2010, 11:25 PM
i like that! who designed it?

My idea....Greg Galloway put it on paper (computer)....and Nick's Sports adjusted it a little for the shirt. I like it!!!!;)

Don't forget this year with your $10.00 Member Dues you get a SADC T-Shirt. It is Red with Black lettering. Front reads on left chest area "2010 SADC Member" and back has the Club Logo.

JerryChesterson
Feb 18 2010, 09:58 AM
i know i'm not bird...

just spoke with the golds and they are still coming. that should be 2 and a half teams. his sister is looking for a partner.

anybody still in search of a partner?

Justin Goss is looking for a partner. His email is [email protected] You or they should contact him. He's a cool guy.

JerryChesterson
Feb 18 2010, 10:01 AM
Don't forget this year with your $10.00 Member Dues you get a SADC T-Shirt. It is Red with Black lettering. Front reads on left chest area "2010 SADC Member" and back has the Club Logo.

We'll also have 2010 Bag Tags for sale and we'll be taking entries for the Texas Hill Country Open on April 3rd & The San Antonio Open on May 1st.

From what I hear the raffle will be off the chains too. Bring extra cash. :D

opereida
Feb 18 2010, 05:03 PM
And don't forget to bring non-perishable foods for the SA Food Bank.

opereida
Feb 18 2010, 11:09 PM
Just inventoried the Home Brew I have for the Ice Bowl. After all the quality control (sampling:)) I have 147 bottles that are ready to drink. Make that 146....I'm getting thirsty.:D The original batch of Wheat Beer didn't make it but I did brew another batch that I am bottling tomorrow evening. Unfortunately that batch will not be ready to drink for another 10 days or so but I am still going to give that away. Should be another 40-50 bottles.

Please be at the course and signed up by 8:30 AM. I know it's early but I know you can do it for the soldiers.;)

RiX Perez
Feb 19 2010, 06:34 PM
Jeff & Rix will be there!!!!

opereida
Feb 20 2010, 08:25 PM
90 Players showed up for the Ice Bowl.:eek: Right around $3500.00 total cash raised.:eek: Hundreds of pounds of food donated.:eek: Good People Good Times.:) Thanks to all who made this a HUGE success.;)

Charlie Chapman hits an Ace on Hole #17 for $225.00 to take home the only payout.:)

JHouston
Feb 20 2010, 09:33 PM
Nice ace Charlie you deserved it, Dang Brownies, it was fun got to see a lot of great golf all day.

Grog
Feb 21 2010, 10:49 AM
DEF-initely our best Ice Bowl ever. OH made a memorable appearance. Can some one PM me Grace's info I forgot to pick up one of her cards. I have a few spare discs I'd like to get to Mike to go with that Eagle he was given. I think he's a big fan of Kan Jam now too.:)

JerryChesterson
Feb 21 2010, 07:55 PM
90 Players showed up for the Ice Bowl.:eek: Right around $3500.00 total cash raised.:eek: Hundreds of pounds of food donated.:eek: Good People Good Times.:) Thanks to all who made this a HUGE success.;)

Charlie Chapman hits an Ace on Hole #17 for $225.00 to take home the only payout.:)

Best tournament ever!

ishkatbible
Feb 21 2010, 09:43 PM
heck yeah... can't wait till next year. thanks for adding the mixed division. most fun i've had playing in a long while!!!!!!!!!

opereida
Feb 22 2010, 07:47 PM
Here is the total money raised. Great Job everyone! Thanks again!:)

$3,631 Total Cash Raised
$100 to Rick Gaskill
$100 to San Antonio Food Bank
$3,431 to Operation Homefront Village
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2779/4380068813_10cbee5197.jpg

RiX Perez
Feb 23 2010, 09:14 AM
Super fun time Bird. Thanks to all who put in time and effort.

Team Hammer & Axe will get some revenge on the next doubles tourny!

BTW... Jerry and Dave are a BLAST to play with... those guys are crazy as hell!!!

hardways78222
Feb 23 2010, 12:59 PM
Who is this Jerry & Dave of whom you speak? I don't think I've ever met a crazy disc golfer!

opereida
Feb 23 2010, 10:12 PM
"Dear Orlando and the San Antonio Disc Club,

We would like to thank you for hosting the Ice Bowl in honor of our Wounded Warriors and their families residing at Operation Homefront Village. It means so much to all of us and our organization that you chose us as the charity to donate to. We greatly appreciate how your players showed so much respect and appreciation to our Wounded Warrior that came out and it shows what an incredible organization you have here in San Antonio.

Orlando, I want to extend a special thanks to you for coming out to tour the Village, choosing us and organizing such a wonderful event!

We look forward to working with you more in the future and possibly having you come out to teach our guys all about Disc Golf!

Respectfully,

Gracie Broll
Director, Operation Homefront Village
Operation Homefront"

DISConnected
Feb 23 2010, 10:59 PM
Congratulations, that's fantastic.

JHouston
Feb 27 2010, 08:13 PM
Everybody needs to get to Junction to play. Its a fun course. Charlie and Hoight and the city of Junction did a great job.

opereida
Mar 01 2010, 07:53 PM
Name 1st Round 2nd Round Total

Open

1. Phil M./Jayson H. 47 46 93
2. Micah S./Marcos C. 46 52 98
2. Jose G./David C. 48 50 98
4. Scott H./Charlie C. 46 55 101
5. Julian J./Ben B. 50 52 102
6. Joe R./Jonathan D. 52 52 104
7. Steven B./Marsh 53 53 106
8. Tracy O./Nick O. 50 50 108