John Keith
Nov 12 2009, 02:27 AM
Who has thrown champion, star, pro of a certain disc? and out of all plastics with same disc which do you prefer???

I have thrown all plastic Teebirds and Star is my best choice.
However high speed driver Destroyer and Boss I throw Champion!! do not like star for these.
On my Rocs I throw KC pro , only one that works for me.

LastBoyScout
Nov 12 2009, 03:03 PM
that's a hard one to answer as it all is dependent upon the person and situation. add to that the issue of different plastics affect the mold of a disc and you end up with varying flight characteristics. This is even common between years of the "same" type of plastic

I LOVE CE Teebirds and Firebirds. However, I tend to throw 11x KC Champ Teebirds and Firebirds over their 12x counterparts. I will throw a Star Teebird or Firebird over a 12x champ version anyday.

I do wish that Innova would start re-running their SE plastics. I have an SE Teebird that is straight money and grips better than any pro disc i have ever put in my hand.

I would love if Innova would bring back CE plastic (or something closer to Discraft's Elite Z for better durablilty) and SE plastic.

mrspank
Nov 12 2009, 03:12 PM
Boss - Champ
XCal - Eco Star (haven't thrown the regular production run Champ yet, but I wasn't a fan of the CFR Champ)
Destroyer - Star at max wt for stable accurate distance, Pro at 169-172 for long bombs
Wraith - 12X Star
Firebird - Champ for air shots, Star for thumbers or forehand rollers
Starfire - Champ
Teebird - Champ
Viking - Champ
Valk - Star or DX
Roadrunner - Star
Roc - DX for beat-up, KC for stable/straight, Star for overstable
Aviar - KC for putts and drives, Pro for putts and upshots

Hope this helps. I'm sure you will get plenty of differing opinions. Most discs in most plastics will work for most people. Just find the ones you really enjoy throwing.

JerryChesterson
Nov 12 2009, 04:45 PM
Who has thrown champion, star, pro of a certain disc? and out of all plastics with same disc which do you prefer???

I have thrown all plastic Teebirds and Star is my best choice.
However high speed driver Destroyer and Boss I throw Champion!! do not like star for these.
On my Rocs I throw KC pro , only one that works for me.

Champion / Elite Z

I like how they hold their true flight characteristics the longest.

gippy
Nov 12 2009, 06:25 PM
My favorite is the Old CE Plastic and the Taffy KC Pro p;lastic of say the 9X and 10X TB FB and Eagles. Rocs Champion plastic if bring yourself to throw em

John Keith
Nov 13 2009, 01:38 AM
yes i have a CE rancho Roc that is money...very overstable windy disc but Money...

flynvegas
Nov 13 2009, 01:09 PM
I prefer Pro plastic, nice grip and seasons in well.

LastBoyScout
Nov 13 2009, 03:27 PM
I prefer Pro plastic, nice grip and seasons in well.
hehe...

I will throw a roc of any plastic, as they all do different things

dx ching rocs for straight shots, slight annys, mid-range rollers
kc pro for majority of shots
Champ Rancho KC 4x USDGC Glo Roc for windy shots
Special Blend Rancho Roc for touch shots/sidearm shots
Star San Marino for those straight shots in the wind

If anyone has a CE Roc that they would like to donate to me, im sure i can fit it into the bag!

JerryChesterson
Nov 13 2009, 04:11 PM
If anyone has a CE Roc that they would like to donate to me, im sure i can fit it into the bag!

If anyone has $100 that they would like to donate to me, I'm sure I can fit it into the wallet!

gippy
Nov 14 2009, 05:13 PM
LMAO Donate to you ya I'd like to find the person who'd give me one to. A friend of mine did give me a 2005 Zonedriven Rancho Champ Roc for dyeing his 2001 USDGC Roc black I know go figure but hey.........

Furthur
Nov 14 2009, 10:15 PM
I have Sure Grip, Evolution, dx, Tourney Pro (old discraft baseline plastic), Innova Pro, and Star in my bag. For the most part, I prefer the lower end plastics that beat up easier.