winonaradiosteve
Nov 03 2009, 12:45 AM
It's spent months/years in the planning stages, and is now ready to burst onto the Disc Golf community with a vengeance... www.DiscGolf365.com will fully launch in February 2010 (after my return from the Disc Golf Cruise) with a sports-talk formatted, free, online media network, that will be primarily audio based at first, but we will begin to gradually incorporate graphics and video into the programs if/when possible.

Initial plans include plans live (audio/video) coverage of most/all PDGA NT's/Majors.

The broadcast schedule for February and March 2010 is also posted to give you a glimpse of what's in store. http://www.discgolf365.com/Upcoming_Schedule

FYI - Anyone is encouraged to produce and submit their own audio/video works to be aired within the DiscGolf365 Network.

More updates to come...

winonaradiosteve
Dec 19 2009, 12:19 PM
Still a long ways to go before I can call it 'fully' launched, but I've got a video-loop streaming on the site/channel which I will update occasionally as I continue to work on some other things within the website and channel.

FYI's
The video quality will improve greatly once I can get a new computer (or two) to better network what I'm trying to do.

The Google ads will eventually disappear, at least most of them, many of them are serving as placeholders, and page-fillers until I can get them updated with the final versions.

We are now on Twitter and 'Tweet' whenever we begin a new stream. Link to it from the DiscGolf365.com homepage.

Happy Holidays,
Steve Kuzenski

ChrisWoj
Dec 24 2009, 07:18 AM
I'm always down for volunteering to do a site design for disc related stuff. Good example of something I did this past month at http://stateline.tadga.com/ - You def need something flashier than what you've got! If you want some help just hit me with an eMail woj at dynamicdiscs dot com and I'm more than willing to volunteer!

winonaradiosteve
Jan 05 2010, 07:20 PM
some rambling thoughts...
I've done a few things with re-designing the site, (I'm not a web-design pro so i would consider volunteers but this isn't a typical site that can be designed in a couple hours) it's still not 'done' but may never be truly completed, have a couple more things to fix and do as far as web design and then i just need to piece together my template playlist and I'll be good to go with non-stop streaming disc golf (at least until my computer crashes).
The video quality will improve some on the new system (coming soon), but the sound quality may never be much better than your typical AM-radio station would be, but I want to keep it all cost-free so some things we may need to sacrifice on :-)

things to still to do on the site include,
on-demand archives, news, remove google ads.

If anyone is thinking about making a disc golf video/promo for the network or for their own use, PLEASE STOP USING COPYRIGHTED MUSIC!, expecially if it's for the network we can't use it then, this got me going after I saw the 'Trace Open' video playing an Outkast song, just because you 'credit' them doesn't mean its legal.

What days and/or time of day would you most like me to schedule a live-interactive sports-talk radio show for the network? It would run from 2-4 hours each day, and saved for later use for people who can't catch the initial broadcast either thru replay broadcasts or the on-demand archive.

What types of videos do you like most? Tournament footage, player interviews, tips, in-the-bag, news, music, other?

Would you be seriously offended by swearing and other non politically correct dialogue within the networks music and other programming? Think HBO type language. f-words, sex, etc.
How often would you realistically watch the network?

Barring a future massive explosion in viewers and advertising revenue, 2010 will likely be a slow process slowly launching bits and pieces of my initial plan as resources allow for it, at least the first half of the year. This doesn't mean it won't be streaming non-stop, instead just that the travel & live tournament coverage will be reduced, live shows will be less frequent, the videos could be updated less frequently and other small things that I won't be able to get done as I may have to keep my 50+ hours a week dayjob in order to pay the bills and provide capital for the network.

However, please help me spread the about the network, you can even 'embed' the network's player into almost any website (including DGRUS) I need everyone's help to prove to potential sponsors that disc golfers will come and view this 'channel', people have been asking for something like this for years, now it's here so lets keep it going strong!

DiscGolf365 - all one word and proud of it :-)

RAmbling done, all apologies offered in advance for those who want one.
Thanks a billion,
Steve K.
www.DiscGolf365.com

winonaradiosteve
Jan 16 2010, 03:11 PM
My computer tried to die last night, but I managed to fix it enough to get some programming to play while I am away for a week on the Disc Golf Cruise, once I'm back we'll add more current stuff into it and re-arrange the files so they flow better.

It's using the new software so the video quality is much better, but it will fluctuate sizes between video files and the player cannot be re-sized to make them appear bigger (at least I haven't figured it out yet).

Please enjoy the network and tell your friends (and enemies) about it.

Thanks.
www.DiscGolf365.com

winonaradiosteve
Feb 02 2010, 07:07 PM
The stream has been running for several days now with very few issues, so please check it out if you'd like and enjoy some disc golf videos from 2009, along with player tips, interviews, some music and a bunch of other random disc golf videos.
I hope to get the 'PDGA Radio News' into the rotation by the end of the week along with some other videos, that I'm sure will really take the network to the next level. Right now the stream is about 10-hours in length so feel free to come back often to see whats new.

The 'Live' Disc Golf Talk Show is still a month or so down the road, and live tournament coverage may not happen until later this summer/fall from DiscGolf365 at least, we'll let Dr. Duesler and the DiscGolfPlanet folks take that side of things for now, their quality is still much better than ours would be, but of course that comes with a pricetag which is what they're battling and why I chose the route we are/did. We will co-exist and complement each other quite nicely i think. DG365's first road-trip might be for the Bowling Green Ams, although I'm not sure in what aspect we will be broadcasting or covering the events, it will depend on what if anything we can afford to do.

Coming Soon: The DiscGolf365 Store - A place for you to buy some affordable new disc golf gear, and for us to help raise some capital for the Network's continued success. Items will include special DiscGolf365 logo'd apparel, collector discs, and some other cool disc golf accessories.

The site has been up for about 3 months now, with visitors from about 30 different countries and of course every U.S. state too, we're huge right now in California and Minnesota :-)

Played around with a different media player that allows for a full-screen toggle, but the stream would lag and the video became way too pixelated and low-quality when expanded past its present format so we kept it how it is, if anyone really wants a fullscreen mode let me know and I'll add it as an extra option that can be linked too, it's relatively easy to do, otherwise we'll keep exploring our options to make DiscGolf365 the best it can possibly be.

Special Thanks to Bobby Brown of CoolDaddySlickBreeze Productions and Scott Reek of the Wisconsin Disc Golf Show for their on-going contributions to the DiscGolf365 Network along with everyone else who has helped make it the success it already is.

Sincerely,
Steve Kuzenski
PDGA #29027
[email protected]

www.DiscGolf365.com
www.PDGARadio.com