lux4prez
Oct 28 2009, 01:19 AM
I am offering this disc up for the silent auction to raise money for the Hughes family. It
is absolutely sick and I hate to let it go from the uber private stash. Some of my private
stash gets seen, this one would normally not. This is a crazy rare 8 time KC Roc weighing
in at 179 grams. That's rare enough as it is! This puppy was one of the few that were dyed
by J-bird and got his added stamp in the center. J-Bird, if you are not aware, handles the tie
dyes for Innova as well as the early dyes for Discraft. Back then when tie dying discs was in it's
infancy, J-Bird found early on that unless it was a KC Teebird or Eagle(earlier Pro plastic) that
the colors were less vibrant. This was one of the trials. Albeit, the color is pale, this Roc has a
crazy rare robin's egg blue hue to it. Old schoolers are drooling at this point and rightfully so.
This disc has been thrown, but is still in wonderful shape with only a few scratches. The previous
owner's name has been mostly removed, but is still visible. I am entering the first silent(public)
bid at $100 as I would rather pay that and take this beauty back home than see it go.

If the image does not come through here, try http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1833#p33657

To help put this all in perspective, Jason and Melanie have a 1 year old son Aiden who has been undergoing treatment for brain tumors for the past 5 months. Neither the mother, father, or of course Aiden have been able to spend more than 1 night at home over this period of time. The Atlanta disc golfers have contributed quite a bit to help them out in their time of extreme need. If you would like to make a bid, please IM me and it will be added to the other bids. Bidding will end at 10 est Saturday (10-31). Please help out if you can. I have started bidding at $100 to buy back my own disc.

LastBoyScout
Oct 28 2009, 11:44 AM
That is awesome. I will let everyone i know to be sure to check this sweet piece of plastic out and place a bid.

lux4prez
Oct 31 2009, 09:10 PM
Current bid is $115.00. Please bid to help the Hughes family.

Thanks!

lux4prez
Oct 31 2009, 10:36 PM
Today at the Fright Flight tournament, we raised over $1400 for the Hughes family. Bid this up so we can add a bit more.

lux4prez
Oct 31 2009, 11:00 PM
Bidding ended. Thanks.