TerryBlanton
Oct 26 2009, 04:08 AM
I have been talking about our great sport enough to generate some interest. I am in the process of getting a basket, and I believe that I have found a place where we can set it up. I have a few discs on the way, but I don't have very many old discs. Everything that gets thrown here will get either severely beat-up or lost (lots of mined areas on base), If anyone has any old discs that they would like to donate to the cause, they will be greatly appreciated.

My address is: Capt. Terry Blanton
455 EMSG/ECES
APO AE 09354

ChrisEads
Oct 26 2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the address Terry we have been wondering how we were going to get it. I will be going home to take a look at what I can put together.

Rod07Ger
Oct 26 2009, 10:37 AM
What's Up Terry !!!!

I would be happy too send some disc's your way and I'll send what's left of the stack that you wanted me to sell for $5 ea.!!!!! :)

I'll dig around and fined some more, enough for a box full !!!! :)

I want you to get some practice so when you come home, you'll be in top form !!!! ;)

also never pass up a chance to convert people over to the disc golf experience !!!! :cool:

MattScott
Oct 26 2009, 10:38 PM
once you get everything going post some pictures

evandmckee
Oct 27 2009, 01:40 PM
Man, I'd enjoy chunking some plastic into a mine field :)
that could give Jeff Ash's Disc Golf Fireworks a run for awesomeness :D

really great hearing from you Terry, I will see what I can scrounge up for discs to send your way

TerryBlanton
Oct 28 2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks in advance for the stuff. The baskets are on the way. I will definitely send some pics when we get things set up.

Rod07Ger
Oct 28 2009, 12:52 PM
Terry, you missed a cool putting clinic by Jay Reading last night at Tilles !!!! :(

(by the way since your logged on what time is it there !!!!) :)

Rod07Ger
Nov 03 2009, 02:02 PM
Terry, I'm shipping two packages today 11/03/2009 !!!!! :cool:

I'm curious how long it takes so tell us when you get them !!!!

I crammed about 19 to 20 pieces of plastic into the two boxes and if it doesn't take too long we can send more if needed !!!!

TerryBlanton
Nov 06 2009, 12:20 PM
I was 9.5 hours ahead, but the time change has made it 10.5 hours . I will let you know when the discs get here. Thanks for sending them.

stack
Nov 06 2009, 01:00 PM
This is great to hear... i've sent discs to my brother the couple times he was in Baghdad.

I can see it now... Disc Golfers save lives throwing discs into mine fields! :) Next up the Innova Minesweeper? ;)

Don't know you and have never met but thanks for serving and if you have a larger need you could post this in the general PDGA equipment area or somewhere like that. Hope things take off over there and you have a need for more discs for the newbs!

TerryBlanton
Nov 09 2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the support. The discs arrived today, and hopefully the baskets will be here next week. We plan to get some DG in before the snow gets here. I plan to get some cool pics.

Rod07Ger
Nov 09 2009, 12:14 PM
Terry, do you mean the disc's that I sent on the 11/03/09 !!!!

If that's the case Wow the postal service was quick !!!!

ps. Also if you need any specific disc's like (Discraft) let us know !!!!! We'll get them too ya !!!!! :) :D :cool:

evandmckee
Nov 09 2009, 04:25 PM
we'll be sending another package, I have some and so does Eads, Duff brought some to Greenwood for the cause also

TerryBlanton
Nov 11 2009, 01:22 AM
Yes, the discs that were sent on the 3rd. Hopefully, the basket will get here before the snow does. If you haven't sent the discs yet, do you have a WAFDA flag or small banner that you can send with it? I could get some pictures of WAFDA in Afghanistan.
Thanks again for everything.

Rod07Ger
Nov 16 2009, 04:34 PM
Hey, Evan does WAFDA have anything like what, Terry is talking about ?????

sure would be cool to see that in Afghanistan !!!!! :cool:

pic's from Terry thrown an ACE !!!!! just like Cubby's hole-in-one video's !!!! :cool:

evandmckee
Nov 16 2009, 04:50 PM
all we have is the 1 banner that we use at events

Rod07Ger
Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM
Evan, the Avatar that you use on your personal thread is cool enough to copy and laminate to send to Afghanistan for pic's !!!!! :)

just a suggestion to think about !!!!! it would be cool and try to find something to send Terry !!!!! soon before he gets home !!!!

ps. WAFDA members are world travelers and the pic's will prove it !!!!! :) :D :cool: