thediscinmusician
Oct 18 2009, 09:16 AM
Got a quick question...I have 2 or 3 of the first run champion boss' that came out. Not necissarily the star stamp, but just the first edition that came out. Went to my local store yesterday and seen they had some tye-dye one's and they seemed a lot less domey. More like a Wraith or Orc flight plate...Has anyone thrown any of the newer champion boss' are they less overstable. I was having a problem with the 1st runs. They just were way to overstable for me? Let me know. Thanks!

Breeze
Oct 18 2009, 11:08 AM
From what I know about them, the "first run" champ star stamps were very flat (less high speed stable) The next run after that they were "pop top" domey and very over stable.. The more flat the champ boss the less stable its going to be.

-Chris

John Keith
Oct 18 2009, 11:44 PM
some people would say 1st run flat are "flippy" fly sraiter, new especially domey ones are more over stable

LastBoyScout
Oct 23 2009, 10:26 AM
i concur on those aforementioned tell-tell signs.

flat proto/1st run star stamped are indeed flippy.

the 1st batch of production run were really stable

the most recent batch that i got my hands on from innova east were almost in between the 1st run protos and 1st run production

i do have one fluke of a disc though. i have a 1st run production champ boss that is just as flat as the 1st run protos and its wicked stable. i dont know if the dome just got flattened during shipping or what, but its my go to when it gets real windy.