gotcha
Oct 15 2009, 06:45 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/Halloweenflier.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=Halloweenflier.jpg)

sandalbagger
Oct 16 2009, 11:12 AM
So I guess your running it then Scott?

SCOTT
Oct 16 2009, 03:39 PM
I am helping out as much as I can. Jen has done alot already.

sandalbagger
Oct 16 2009, 03:43 PM
what has been done? I haven't seen a single flyer at the course? Need flyers on hole 1 bench, in board by bathroom. On post near practice basket. Flyers at Moraine and Deer Lakes would be nice.

lol

Just saying....just haven't seen any mention of this other than on this discussion board and so far it sounds like everyone has been confused.

Will you be bringing LED lights for the discs, glow bracelets to be placed on the upper and lower part of the inner chains. Do we need to bring our own candles for the pumpkins?

We need to get more info out to the people and time is running out.

sandalbagger
Oct 16 2009, 03:48 PM
As for the glow bracelets. Its usually takes about 4 per hole to do the baskets correctly. They should be placed in the inner chains at the top and bottom of the chains. a nice ring so you can see it from all angles.

You should also mention that NO FLASHLIGHTS are to be used while playing in the event. Unless someone wants to go out and get some red cellophane to be taped over the flashlights. The flashlights make it very hard for your eyes to get adjusted. But red cellophane will help with that if you have to use a flashlight.

Anyway, I will have 2 pumpkins to donate for the cause. And might be there to play. Figuring I have been at all of the other 4.

Do you want me to get a few portable black lights so that people with glow discs can charge there discs without having to use a camera flash or a flashlight?

Chris

SCOTT
Oct 17 2009, 12:24 AM
Jen has already got the prizes for the Jack "O" lanterns, mini glow sticks for discs, and glow necklaces. She had made up a few versions of flyers but was not getting the right kind of feedback and being led in different directions. As a club we should have never expected anybody to just pick up and go with this type of event.

The lack of flyers was an issue that I was concerned with also. I just had these made up. I emailed the board and course promoters the PDF to have them posted at their respective courses. Hopefully they will be on all of our course bulletin boards and on the PFDS website soon. I could not find Mark's email to get one at Schenley though. You can blame me for not having posted Knob Hill yet. Craig got them to me on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately I have been unable to get a hold of Heather to get the key to the board. She needed it because she is putting in a new board. I realize there is some confusion and that is why I got involved. I plan to post flyers on Tuesday at Knob at the latest. I'm not going to bring any LEDs. I will not be providing candles for other peoples Jack O Lanterns. That is a good reminder though. My lantern was on #14 last year I drilled holes all around it and had 3 candles inside. If you remember the whole green was well lit by this. I would recommend other people do the same.

All don�t forget a Jack O Lantern is not a Jack O Lantern without a candle in it. It�s just a Jack O. We need Jack O Lanterns. Multiple candles will provide a better vision of the basket.

The pole holes will all have (hopefully) a Jack O lantern on top and a glow necklace around the inner chains as mentioned. If there are not enough Jack O lanterns, candle bags will be placed on top much like last year.

Thanks for mentioning about flashlights. I hate them. However I do not want to discourage anybody from coming by banning them. The cellophane is an excellent idea though, thanks for posting it. I use a flashlight for my glow disc and that it. I don't even turn it on until it is against the disc. Then I swirl it around turn it off and put it away. Direct white light kills your night vision. Using a blacklight is something I would be interested in and I'm sure others would as well.

For the most part I would hope people come prepared to play disc golf in the dark. The mini glow sticks will be available and so will the packing tape.

I believe that I covered all of your concerns. This is a good discussion and I hope that it has been informative for anyone with questions or concerns. For any more questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

Chris,
It is good to hear that you may be coming.
I look forward to you helping me out since your the expert! ;)

sandalbagger
Oct 17 2009, 09:23 AM
far from an expert. But I do love me some glow golf.

SCOTT
Oct 26 2009, 08:19 PM
Was out at Knob Hill today. The course is set for Saturday night. Everything is in A pin except for #6. It is in B. Beware of going over the hill! Something might just get you down there in the dark!

This Tuesday is the official end of Tuesday Night Doubles. We have an Ace pot of $350+ and if it gets hit we already have $300 for next years season. I spoke with Tim and the Tuesday night league will be donating $50 to the Ace pot for Huckin Halloween. Players will have a chance at this $50 + whatever is collected that night for $2. If nobody hits we will be throwing off for the cash. Its like the lotto, you gotta be in it to win it. I look forward to seeing everyone out there this Saturday.

gotcha
Oct 26 2009, 09:10 PM
I stopped by Cabela's last week and cleaned them out of Thill LED lights. These are the battery-operated LEDs used in fishing bobbers and they last for 20+ hours. Adhered with duct tape or packing tape, you can turn your favorite disc into a glow disc. These lights can be purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods and most other places which sell fishing gear.

I purchased 17 of the lights and I will have them available for sale at $5 each. First come, first served.

SCOTT
Oct 28 2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks Jerry. In addition to that I will have the mini glow sticks that can be taped onto the discs. It looks like it will be $1 or $2 for a two pack. Its best to have one on top and one on the bottom of the disc. Unless your using clear champion plastic. In that case I like just one on the bottom.

Either way we will have all your night time disc golf needs covered.

kUrTp
Oct 28 2009, 04:38 PM
How about the rain...can you make that go away!!!

SCOTT
Oct 28 2009, 09:55 PM
You trust the weather man? Last I checked it was only a 40% chance of rain. For something that comes once a year, its worth going for the 60% chance that it won't rain. Kurt didn't you play in the Hunt and it rained all day? Then stayed home for Knobulus and it was nice out.

kUrTp
Oct 29 2009, 12:02 PM
Did I say anything about not playing because of the rain???? I'll be there regardless, I would just prefer the course not to be a mud fest.

sandalbagger
Oct 29 2009, 12:46 PM
Lori and I got 3 pumpkins carved last night.

SCOTT
Oct 29 2009, 06:32 PM
I will have at least 2 that my kids did. It would be sweet if we get 18 and have one for every basket. Extras are great too. I have a couple extra small candles, the more in the lantern the brighter.

Sign up will be in the parking lot and then meet at the overlook pavillion when done. Heather is leaving the bathrooms open and electric on for us. When your done with your round hang out at the pavillion and bring a tastey beverage of your choice to enjoy. It should be a great time for everyone.

mprestop
Oct 30 2009, 01:34 PM
Hey all...just looked at weather.com and it looks the forecast is turning to our favor. Only a 20% chance of rain or so with a balmy 50 degree temp!

SCOTT
Oct 30 2009, 04:28 PM
Apparently I can make it go away!

The more Jack o Lanterns the better. Anybody have a cool costume they are going to wear? There may be a prize or two for that also. All I can say is come to have fun.

kUrTp
Oct 30 2009, 05:45 PM
Apparently I can make it go away!

And I appreciate it.

SCOTT
Nov 01 2009, 07:35 PM
Open Score
1 Mike Hoag 52
1 Matt McMillan 52
1 Vince Slaugh 52
4 Jason Gibson 54
4 Kurt Poole 54
6 Mark Prestopnik 55
6 Carl Vesch 55
8 Chris Dietzel 56
9 Jason Aurila 57
9 Dave Olcott 57
11 Sid Olcott 58
12 J.Gary Dropcho 60

Intermediate Score
1 Chris Lachendro 53
2 Jack McCollough 56
3 Kira Coonley 57
3 Alana Poole 57
5 Lori Merriman 58
5 Jim Wilson 58
7 Alex Clark 59
7 Ron Hosek 59
9 Scott Hartle 60
10 Jeremy Dushek 61
10 Chip White 61
12 Dave Walker 63
13 Josh Charleton 64
14 Jen Johnstone 66
15 Crystal White 69
16 Pat Graziani 70
17 Craig McCloud 71

Recreational Score
1 Joe Lachndro 56
2 Tom Britt 61
2 Joe Negley 61
4 Theresa 66
5 Julie Lineman 68
5 Drew Spencer 68
7 Eric Sorenson 76
8 Ed Kaltenbaugh 79
9 Eric Martin 83
10 Nick Bronson 85
11 Lola Kaltenbaugh 86
12 Jen Bruener 88

SCOTT
Nov 01 2009, 07:45 PM
Huckin Halloween V is in the bag. It ended up being a perfect night for disc golf. 41 Disc golf enthusiasts showed up to throw some discs in the dark. A good time was held be all. All of the advanced players stepped up to play open and pretty much took all the money. I’m sure everybody appreciated the jack o lanterns that were brought as much as I did. We had 6 baskets with no jack o lanterns. Hopefully next year we can get them on all 18. Those who were dedicated and carved some nice pumpkins were rewarded with special Halloween discs. A few tasty CTP prizes were given out also. The Ace pot reached $116 and was gladly taken by Chris Dietzel with the CTP during the throw off.

matty$mcmillion
Nov 01 2009, 10:30 PM
good stuff scott

sandalbagger
Nov 02 2009, 09:21 AM
Had a blast. Even though my destroyer flipped more than a stingray with the light taped on. It was a blast.

Amazing to see how much this has grown since our first year when we had about 8 players.