vinnie
Oct 13 2009, 10:31 AM
Walk this layout yesterday with PW and we are in for a treat
Could be a 54 hole disc golf mecca
Lots of palnning going on this week, 18 holes before spring in the goal

james_mccaine
Oct 13 2009, 10:52 AM
Who or what is PW? What is this Northtown Park thing anyway.

Man, I am out of touch.

MVP
Oct 13 2009, 11:09 AM
Paul W, big guy who carries around a huge ice chest and sometimes a disc golf bag!

seewhere
Oct 13 2009, 11:12 AM
Paul weitkemper= PW north town park = new course off howard and heatherwilde Blvd.

vinnie
Oct 13 2009, 03:17 PM
yet another new course.....hows all the courses down south going
tye dye tee signs yet?

james_mccaine
Oct 13 2009, 03:31 PM
I looked up the location. I remember the story on this one again. My recollection was of an opportunity lost.

Lala
Oct 13 2009, 04:06 PM
No James - not lost, just pushed back for Outlaws South Course focus. We're back up & on it now. 18 holes at a time :)

vinnie
Jan 05 2010, 12:02 PM
p-dub!
Lots of clearing and park cleaning going on.
Can we get an update?

P DUB
Jan 05 2010, 02:56 PM
Funding secured for two courses. One 18 hole par 59, one 18 hole challenge course par 54 for newcomers and skills development. Tree clearing underway. Verbal confirmation that we can meet the April deadline for the Texas Womens Championship, but we cannot commit that pads and baskets will be in the ground by April until I've seen the deployment plan from the MUD board.

Meeting with the MUD board again tomorrow to finalize the bidding for materials and review the current deployment plan (current plan results in courses completed by end of March).

Stay tuned, I'll send a more formal update to the club once the deployment plan is approved and the materials are ordered.

But things look good, we will have another 36 holes to play this Spring.

seewhere
Jan 05 2010, 04:43 PM
Great Job Paul

vinnie
Jan 05 2010, 08:28 PM
word!

seewhere
Jul 20 2010, 02:20 PM
any updates on northtown??? ready to start playing my new home course,,,

P DUB
Jul 21 2010, 10:07 AM
Over the last two months:
- ADA compliance and 100 year flood plain issues addressed and compliance model accepted by four dozen attorneys validating their existence
- Course design approved by MUD Board
- Project plan including pavillion, tees/signs/baskets, 3 new wells which will give us constant level water holes, ADA compliant paths approved and sent out to bid
- Contractor assigned last week

The installation of the course begins August 18. Course ready for play (pavillion, tee boxes, baskets) in the October timeframe and completed (signs, benches, trash cans, tree removal/planting, two or three smaller pavillions, paths) another month or two after that.

Course fully open for tournaments and full time play in the November/December timeframe.

nix
Jul 21 2010, 10:20 AM
can't wait!

seewhere
Jul 21 2010, 10:25 AM
Schweeett

P DUB
Sep 15 2010, 03:07 PM
Course will be staked out first thing tomorrow morning for the initial walkthrough with the construction company's foreman at 10:30. Architecture firm we're working with said now that we are in the construction phase of the project, it will move very quickly. I should have a view into the eta of the course opening tomorrow afternoon.

vinnie
Sep 15 2010, 04:22 PM
nice

nix
Sep 15 2010, 05:23 PM
Has it changed much since we threw it?
Can't wait for this course!

ButlerSteveO
Sep 15 2010, 11:20 PM
This track is going to be Sweet!! Right by my house, and tournament quality. Look out if I ever learn to putt!!!

MVP
Sep 15 2010, 11:24 PM
Hey Steve-o, do you have a website or any info on your new business? Let me know I'd like to stop by. Clicked on location and the entire US came up, not Georgetown.

ButlerSteveO
Sep 15 2010, 11:31 PM
We are still dialing all of that in LT, and I will get info out as soon as we have it. Reality is that it will be very fluid during the upcoming weeks until we get some weekend festival Gigs lined up. Thanks for your interest and support, and we will keep everyone updated as things become more routine

MVP
Sep 15 2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks, let me know. I'd love to stop by if I can find the time. Only off 5 days a week!

TeeBob
Sep 27 2010, 03:41 PM
I should have a view into the eta of the course opening tomorrow afternoon.

Been a while, any updates on this course. Im ready to play my new home course!!

ButlerSteveO
Sep 27 2010, 04:14 PM
It's MY new home course unless you live closer than me TeeBob...If that's even your real name!?!?

seewhere
Sep 27 2010, 05:39 PM
my new home course TOOO

J A B
Sep 27 2010, 06:23 PM
It's MY new home course unless you live closer than me TeeBob...If that's even your real name!?!?

Need address, to see if I'm upgrading from Our Savior Lutheran Church's 9 hole, to Northtown Park.

Can someone post a Google map link?

TeeBob
Sep 27 2010, 10:44 PM

I hope we can share it, but I live abt 5 minute from location. Its going to be sweet to not have to drive 20+ minutes in any direction to get to a course.
I throw teebirds a lot and Im usually bottom of box! Most just call me Bob.

rrdiscgolfer
Sep 27 2010, 10:50 PM
Need address, to see if I'm upgrading from Our Savior Lutheran Church's 9 hole, to Northtown Park.

Can someone post a Google map link?

yes, ware is this park. google map it someone.

ButlerSteveO
Sep 28 2010, 01:30 AM
Don't mean to pick on you TeeBob. Just trying to hike my leg up before anyone else does. If you validate that your residence is closer than:30.413595,-97.668071 then you win! And if you are a Cowboys fan then you have plenty of time to......????

ButlerSteveO
Sep 28 2010, 01:33 AM
Choke on Dees!!!

J A B
Sep 28 2010, 09:18 AM
So excited, when...WHEN DOES THE WORK START?

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Katy_Perry_Elmo.gif

seewhere
Sep 28 2010, 10:25 AM
work has already begun .. this is a park that will be SOLY maintained by the city not the DISC GOLFERS.

http://northtownmud.org/maps.html

http://northtownmud.org/docs/stoney_creek_park_ext.pdf

only thing i see that i dont like so far is No alcohol allowed in parks.:eek:

P DUB
Sep 28 2010, 01:39 PM
Did the final painting of tee boxes, baskets, large tree removal, etc about two weeks ago. Should be ready for play anywhere from end of next month to some time in 2015.

I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer to launch.

That said, take time to go out and see the park while it's in the construction phase, pretty cool to see it all come together. It will be a top tier golf course... a nice park built around a golf course, rather then a golf course put on the outskirts of a park.

TeeBob
Sep 28 2010, 01:57 PM
Don't mean to pick on you TeeBob. Just trying to hike my leg up before anyone else does. If you validate that your residence is closer than:30.413595,-97.668071 then you win! And if you are a Cowboys fan then you have plenty of time to......????

According to google maps you got me beat by 6 minutes drive time. pshh

Foos-ball? I dont watch it at all.

Im gonna try to go check it out sometime today. Thanks for your involvement with this installation P-Dub. P-ville will finally have a good course.

seewhere
Sep 28 2010, 02:16 PM
here is a view of the land..

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9329/northtownpark.jpg

may
Sep 28 2010, 05:24 PM
Went by the course yesterday and spent about an hour walking around.....nice, very nice park and course from what I could see.............looking forward to playing a round out there sometime in the near future..........great job PW.......Now just make sure we can pack CFO'S............................please!!!

ButlerSteveO
Sep 29 2010, 03:45 AM
According to google maps you got me beat by 6 minutes drive time. pshh

Foos-ball? I dont watch it at all.

Im gonna try to go check it out sometime today. Thanks for your involvement with this installation P-Dub. P-ville will finally have a good course.

I appreciate you seeing humor in my comments as they were meant in jest. I hope to see you out on the course soon!!!

And yes, THANK YOU P-Dub for all the time and learning that you have put in and endured to make this happen. I hope to be schooling this track sometime before 2015!!??

seewhere
Oct 25 2010, 11:55 AM
Hey PW when you thinking this GEM will be open for play???

vinnie
Oct 25 2010, 12:07 PM
walked the course Friday with Pdub......AGAIN......A few minor changes but, the course is real close.....some of the baskets already had the hole dug

MohanRendon
Nov 02 2010, 05:20 PM
heading to northtown if anyone wants to get some holes in. may get there by 3:30

P DUB
Nov 02 2010, 08:06 PM
Northtown is not open yet. Please be respectful of the people working on the park. It only takes one negative incident to impact our relationship with the board... which is very good right now.

MVP
Nov 02 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey P-Dub, do you have a map of the course we can print out?

seewhere
Nov 03 2010, 10:54 AM
Hey LT once the course officially opens then there will be some maps I am sure. as of now I know Paul is not wanting a bunch of folks playing it until the GRAND opening. due to workers trying to do their JOB without getting hit by errant old man rollers :) see ya the winter course??

sargenttstadanko
Nov 04 2010, 12:33 PM
When is official opening?

seewhere
Nov 04 2010, 12:46 PM
PW??

P DUB
Nov 04 2010, 12:48 PM
It'll be open once work on these items are completed:
Pavillion - frame up, still need to do finish work
Wells dug - one dug, one more to be dug, both still have to be routed to pond/irrigation
Signage completed - can't order until the course layout is finalized... which should happen tomorrow
ADA trails and tee boxes finished out - 9 holes to go
Two holes not in the ground yet and multiple trees to be removed

Basically, it'll be ready to go once the heavy equipment is out of the park. Soonest would be three weeks, could be longer.

seewhere
Nov 13 2010, 10:58 PM
all 18 are in and someone graffitti'd the new pavillion wall already :confused:

P DUB
Nov 18 2010, 12:42 PM
all 18 are in and someone graffitti'd the new pavillion wall already :confused:

Course is definitely not in Beverly Hills... they want us there as much as possible, after it opens, to keep the riff raff to a minimum. Is also the reason there is such a significant Sherriff presence.

Lala
Nov 18 2010, 12:45 PM
Thank God they don't think disc golfers are the problem (yet). That SUX. :(

P DUB
Nov 18 2010, 01:10 PM
They are excited to have the disc golfers around. The people doing the graffiti are just kids... been an ongoing problem for years. The funding for the disc golf project had a lot to do with us being there to keep an eye on things.

TeeBob
Nov 18 2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, whos going to keep an eye on us? BTW why isnt this course being called Stoney Creek DGC? isnt that the name of the actual park it is in?

MohanRendon
Nov 26 2010, 01:10 PM
Sure is a beautiful day! Does anyone want to get a round in today?

MVP
Nov 26 2010, 04:29 PM
Can't today, just got back in town. Are you off tomorrow, C-dub said he want to get in a round tomorrow. Maybe we can get the gang together!

MohanRendon
Nov 26 2010, 04:37 PM
off tomorrow, yes. what time were you thinking of playing? at some time I have to go to wimberley.

I am going to head to Ntown at 3-3:15 if anyone wants to play. 538-5825

may
Nov 26 2010, 04:39 PM
That sounds good (saturday round).............with the GANG.......leave your spray paint at home guys.......call me tomorrow when yall have a time & place......hanging Christmas lights today........

MVP
Nov 26 2010, 06:03 PM
You guys call it and I'll be there. Call May and Ware and set a time. I'm good all day!

MVP
Nov 26 2010, 06:08 PM
Most of the time we play afternoon. Can you do Wimberley in the morn?. I'll also try to get ahold of p-dub.

MohanRendon
Nov 27 2010, 12:39 PM
too many beers and shots last night with P-Dub but still down for golf. so what time do we want to get together? I will not be going to wimberley today afterall. Northtown is looking awesome.

rrdiscgolfer
Nov 27 2010, 12:51 PM
If yall are playing northtown, let me know, would like to go out there with someone who has played it and knows the layout. shizoot me an email or txt me with a time.

mannyg.

MVP
Nov 27 2010, 12:54 PM
C-dub should be back in town by 2pm. He said he will put out some calls this afternoon for the time and place.

MohanRendon
Nov 27 2010, 03:51 PM
3pm northtown.

Gregor
Nov 27 2010, 10:16 PM
How's the course looking? Concrete Tees? I heard it was tight but maybe not cleared out yet. Anyone know who designed this course?

Lala
Nov 29 2010, 09:50 AM
Course is in but not open. Crushed granite tees per ADA. Course is cleared & tight. Course was designed by a Double R Disc Golf Club colaboration - initiated by PDub & input from numerous members. Hope you enjoy it once it's up & running - just a few more finishing touches & they should set us free on her.

Gregor
Dec 02 2010, 05:09 PM
Can't freakin wait! Is this site the best place to look for an announcement?

PARKErD
Dec 02 2010, 05:52 PM
The park is scheduled to be open on Dec.23th. The course is available to play now.

lilbigarm
Dec 03 2010, 10:10 AM
where exactly is this park?

seewhere
Dec 03 2010, 10:14 AM
take 35 south turn left on howard then turn left on harris ridge go over the bridge and you will see park entrance on the right next to the fenced in dog park.. or you can take 685 then right on howard and right on harris ridge

matman
Dec 03 2010, 11:13 AM
Today's tee time is?

lilbigarm
Dec 03 2010, 11:21 AM
thanks chris
that's a lot nearer to me than i thought. is it cart friendly?

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 03 2010, 11:23 AM
thanks chris
that's a lot nearer to me than i thought. is it cart friendly?

yep yep, till the pond fill up.

seewhere
Dec 03 2010, 11:40 AM
for your cart yes for now by #8 and #12 you will have some problems.. once the water fills.. creek runs through the whole course. watch out for poison oak..

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 03 2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks to you all who allowed me to join you LATE at NorthTown this afternoon. Great group of guys, Great Course, Great Round.

Am I on the right Thread....:rolleyes:.....Pease Out...

lilbigarm
Dec 04 2010, 04:26 PM
played northtown this morning. the first pond hole is what a golf shot should look like. this will be a really fun course when i figure out where all the holes are. is the basket by the portacan a practice basket and before you stop laughing is the tee box on three backwards assuming hole one is the long one over the dirt piles?

seewhere
Dec 04 2010, 07:46 PM
yes you are correct on all assumptions..

lilbigarm
Dec 04 2010, 09:08 PM
thanks chris
i actually feel a little less like a goofball.

P DUB
Dec 06 2010, 10:48 AM
played northtown this morning. the first pond hole is what a golf shot should look like. this will be a really fun course when i figure out where all the holes are. is the basket by the portacan a practice basket and before you stop laughing is the tee box on three backwards assuming hole one is the long one over the dirt piles?

Wait until the wells are all in place, the first pond hole will be constant level. The course is 80% done I'd say, still some cosmetic work. The park will be open some time after Christmas, but that date could potentially slip. Look to first of the year for everything to be fully open.

lilbigarm
Dec 06 2010, 12:52 PM
want to play sometime this week after work? it would be fun to play with someone who knows the course and it would shorten the round by about two hours.

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 06 2010, 01:30 PM
want to play sometime this week after work? it would be fun to play with someone who knows the course and it would shorten the round by about two hours.

will be available to play all week after work, except for wednesday, just give me a holler lba. i can be there by 230, 245ish.

lilbigarm
Dec 06 2010, 01:53 PM
how about tomorrow?

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 06 2010, 01:56 PM
how about tomorrow?

sounds good, 245ish at the practice basket?

MVP
Dec 06 2010, 02:15 PM
I just might have to meet you guys there!

MVP
Dec 06 2010, 02:38 PM
Bigarm says he might be there too tomorrow!

lilbigarm
Dec 06 2010, 03:20 PM
yes. 2:45ish works for me. whats the beer swilling rule at that park?

Lala
Dec 06 2010, 03:23 PM
Posted no alch @ park across creek. We've had no issues with our small coolers & we were even there with Metal Mike, so it's not like we were able to be discrete:)

may
Dec 06 2010, 03:24 PM
Bigarm says he might be there too tomorrow!

Only If I can drink beer during the round.............people keep telling me that drinking beer at Northtown is not allowed??????? C-Ware says there is a sign stating this but its across the creek and there is not one in the NEW parking lot.. PW ????? Have been keeping it on the down low while playing and even was drinking in the parking lot one afternoon when the head lady for the Parks Dept stopped and visited for a few moments, and she did not say it was not allowed........?????????????????????????

seewhere
Dec 06 2010, 03:30 PM
hopefully it wont be an issue but I am seeing more and more beer cans throughout the course. we need to ensure no one is littering!!!

also see

http://northtownmud.org/parks.html

may
Dec 06 2010, 04:05 PM
Thats for sure, and i don't think it's our guys & gals.......its other golfers who don't give a hoot in hell about anything and are to lazy to walk a few feet and put them in a garbage can.......................LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But 10/4 on the keep it on the down low out there......

Gregor
Dec 06 2010, 04:12 PM
I got to play about 11 holes Saturday. Nice course. Will they be taking out anymore trees from the fairways? I couldn't find any lines on 1 or two spots. Also, can anyone say how many course par 4's and/or 5's there might be?

lilbigarm
Dec 06 2010, 04:42 PM
i was there on saturday tring to chop a several of those trees with my ork and my wildcat.

Lala
Dec 06 2010, 04:51 PM
I got to play about 11 holes Saturday. Nice course. Will they be taking out anymore trees from the fairways? I couldn't find any lines on 1 or two spots. Also, can anyone say how many course par 4's and/or 5's there might be?

I think there are still a few trees to be cut - although natural selection often takes care of them (also know as dumbasses vandalizing trees). Course par will be set after final cuts & tweeks. The best I've heard is a 50 - smooth putter throwing mostly over the top.

P DUB
Dec 07 2010, 09:21 AM
3 more trees are coming out prior to park opening, but the course will remain tight... we have the possibility to remove more trees after we've played it a few months/after it's open.
Easier to remove trees then to grow 'em.

P DUB
Dec 07 2010, 09:22 AM
and as for the beer, just don't be a jackass... be respectful

then we'll just play it by ear.

that is all

MVP
Dec 07 2010, 09:48 AM
If you go to the website for the parks, it says no alcohol at this one. I'll just have a coke!!!!

lilbigarm
Dec 07 2010, 09:52 AM
and as for the beer, just don't be a jackass... be respectful

then we'll just play it by ear.

that is all

hey, it's me.

Lala
Dec 11 2010, 10:01 AM
10:00 :)

MohanRendon
Dec 14 2010, 11:36 AM
anyone wanting to play today? I'm down for any course in north austin.

MohanRendon
Dec 14 2010, 02:31 PM
3:15 Brushy Creek

mikeharrell
Dec 14 2010, 04:17 PM
finally played northtown on sat, and i must say that it spanked my behind. im looking forward to the club party so i can get another crack at it. thanks to p-dub for all your hard work.

Lala
Dec 15 2010, 09:43 AM
He said behind & crack - he he he he

seewhere
Dec 15 2010, 01:10 PM
will we be able to use that badazz fire place during the tag tourney??

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 16 2010, 10:21 AM
will we be able to use that badazz fire place during the tag tourney??

No, from what i hear its not a fireplace, its a badazz grill for BBQn. LOL

J A B
Dec 19 2010, 05:23 PM
Heading to Northtown, tee off 4pm. Would like some company, need some golf.

seewhere
Dec 21 2010, 10:39 AM
not so sure those tee boxes are going to last at north town. the course is getting played and the boxes are already looking like pease park:(

shannonator
Dec 21 2010, 01:41 PM
When are the signs going in?

P DUB
Dec 22 2010, 10:56 AM
we have to put down rubber mats. The upkeep on the boxes is more then I think the park folks expected.

Tee signs up within the next few weeks. I need to carve out some time to get them done. After the new year I hope to get to them.

rrdiscgolfer
Dec 22 2010, 11:15 AM
we have to put down rubber mats. The upkeep on the boxes is more then I think the park folks expected.

Tee signs up within the next few weeks. I need to carve out some time to get them done. After the new year I hope to get to them.

I would be willing to take some time out of my schedule on sunday or monday to get these installed. If you have the signs, hardware, and tools, i can supply the labor. ;)would be willing to supply the cfo's if some other club member want to help.;) Lets git er done. Anyone?

P DUB
Dec 22 2010, 11:31 AM
I need to meet with the construction person prior to working on the tee signs. I have a call into him.

P DUB
Dec 22 2010, 11:32 AM
and it's not an installation issue, it's making the tee signs... Gcreek will install 'em

lilbigarm
Dec 22 2010, 02:58 PM
hi pdub
just played northtown and my scores there are progressively getting worse but it's still fun for now but maybe not when i hit the eighties. whats the deal with concrete dump. i didn't even think that was even legal.

MohanRendon
Jan 06 2011, 10:50 PM
getting a round in tomorrow afternoon if anyone interested. give me a call.

seewhere
Jan 18 2012, 01:40 PM
"

we have to put down rubber mats. The upkeep on the boxes is more then I think the park folks expected."

any updates on this ??

lilbigarm
Jan 18 2012, 02:08 PM
it must be awful to have to work more than three hour a day.

BeTheMachine
Mar 26 2012, 03:28 PM
What time is the Monday mini at Northtown?