adaZm
Oct 07 2009, 06:12 PM
am i missing something, because i can't find where to sign up for Socal championships which are coming up in a month. normally i would not be concerned, but seeing as how SWIFTLY our tourneys are filling up these days, i dont want to get left out cause i spaced for a couple days and failed to realize we COULD sign up.
just wondering and looking forward to it, thanks!
[email protected]

Godfather
Oct 08 2009, 12:08 PM
Good call AdaZm. Also, whats the layout for the socal championship? Do we play the golden state course, or the regular LaMa layout?

sunrisensunrise
Oct 08 2009, 12:18 PM
Good call AdaZm. Also, whats the layout for the socal championship? Do we play the golden state course, or the regular LaMa layout?

It's set up in the two 18 hole layouts (lakeside and backside.) In the past, the Advanced divisions play the lakeside in the morning and the backside in the afternoon on Saturday and the backside again on Sunday. All other divisions play the backside in the morning and the lakeside twice (saturday afternoon and sunday.)

rhett
Oct 08 2009, 01:32 PM
I thought we usually played 4 rounds at the SoCal Championships. Course X Sat AM & Course Y Sat PM, then Course Y Sun AM & Course X Sun PM. That way you play each in the morning and the afternoon.

I didn't realize it's only one month from yesterday! That's coming quick.

sunrisensunrise
Oct 08 2009, 02:58 PM
I thought we usually played 4 rounds at the SoCal Championships. Course X Sat AM & Course Y Sat PM, then Course Y Sun AM & Course X Sun PM. That way you play each in the morning and the afternoon.

I didn't realize it's only one month from yesterday! That's coming quick.

The last two years (only years I've played) it was only three rounds.

rhett
Oct 08 2009, 04:50 PM
Dang, it looks like it went from 4 rounds to 3 rounds in 2006. Where the heck have I been the last three years???

grizzly09
Oct 08 2009, 05:21 PM
I've never played in it and I really want to this year. When will the flyers be up? Don't wanna miss out!!

quickdisc
Oct 13 2009, 02:27 PM
I've never played in it and I really want to this year. When will the flyers be up? Don't wanna miss out!!

Well , I have only seen this :

Click
Here B So. Cal Championships La Mirada Ams 11/7
11/8

Click
Here B So. Cal Championships La Mirada Pros 11/14
11/15

quickdisc
Oct 13 2009, 02:32 PM
Well , I have only seen this :

Click
Here B So. Cal Championships La Mirada Ams 11/7
11/8

Click
Here B So. Cal Championships La Mirada Pros 11/14
11/15

http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/2009Schedule.htm

sunrisensunrise
Oct 18 2009, 11:53 PM
Entry form? Online registration?

rhett
Oct 19 2009, 04:28 PM
Less than three weeks to go... :confused:

sunrisensunrise
Oct 19 2009, 06:56 PM
At this rate I might not be able to attend this event because it'll probably fill up before I can afford to register.

michellewade
Oct 20 2009, 01:45 AM
Where is it filling up? I also can't find a flyer to register. Suzette??? Do you know what's going on?

sunrisensunrise
Oct 20 2009, 02:50 AM
Where is it filling up? I also can't find a flyer to register.

I just meant that this is an anticipated event and will fill up quickly once the entry form becomes available.

Patrick P
Oct 23 2009, 01:51 AM
Rumor has it there is a sign-up flyer being passed around to several folks. Hopefully, this flyer comes my way or it's posted online for everyone to battle out for the signup.

csrenda79
Oct 23 2009, 08:24 AM
I am on the short list of people receiving flyers. When I get mine, i'll make it accessible for all aces members. The San Diego Aces will be well represented.

Patrick P
Oct 23 2009, 02:24 PM
Bueller, anyone, Bueller, where's that darn flyer.

Patrick P
Oct 24 2009, 12:24 AM
Oh, there it is. The race is on to sign-up. I bet mine will be in the mailbox tomorrow morning!

mrsheridan
Oct 26 2009, 01:12 PM
The entry form states that you can signup on line at pdgasignup.com. This doesn't appear to active yet. Hopefully it will be soon as this my preferred mode of entry. Also, is the Pro entry form out there?

csrenda79
Oct 26 2009, 01:29 PM
Paramore beats me to the punch! Impressive.

bigrocc01
Oct 26 2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the flyer Pat. Suzette will there be a juniors division? If so, how much?

quickdisc
Oct 26 2009, 11:43 PM
Pro's

http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/sub-pages/Forms2009/2009ProChampionship.pdf

Am's

http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/sub-pages/Forms2009/2009AmChampionship.pdf

grizzly09
Oct 27 2009, 12:06 AM
Will online signup be available soon?

michellewade
Oct 27 2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the flyer! I'll mail in my entry tomorrow. I also have an extra room and am 1/2 hour from the course if anyone needs free place to stay.

discette
Oct 27 2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the flyer Pat. Suzette will there be a juniors division? If so, how much?

There will be no Junior division at the Championships as there were no Junior players with three or more events playing in the So Cal Series this year. However, if there are Junior players that want to play, I will be glad to open a division if there are at least three competing in the same age division. Entry fee would be the same as Novice and Rec.

billmh
Oct 27 2009, 04:41 PM
I talked with Suzette and she suggested that I post that my two sons will both be playing next weekend and that I will be chaperoning the Junior card throughout. We welcome other MJ3/MJ4 types to join us. Sign up at the Novice price and specify your kid's age. A good time will be had.

Bill Maury-Holmes

bigrocc01
Oct 28 2009, 02:21 PM
I just registered my nephew who's 10. I think he can win novice easily. At the shark tooth open his round on the flats was higher than the intermediates

grizzly09
Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks Suzette for the online registration. I'm signed up!!! My first SoCal CHampionships! Oh Boy!! :D

rhett
Nov 01 2009, 01:03 PM
Ever thought of adding a Trophy-Only reduced entry fee for the pro weekend? It hasn't had over 85 players since going to split weekends again.

michellewade
Nov 01 2009, 05:53 PM
Suzette, can you please have them move me out of the men's division and into the ladies'? ;)

Thanks!

bigrocc01
Nov 01 2009, 08:41 PM
Suzette, can you add Scoob Spradlin ADV and Austin Spradlin Novice/Junior to the reg list. I paid for them both when I registered. Thanks.

discette
Nov 02 2009, 11:12 AM
Ever thought of adding a Trophy-Only reduced entry fee for the pro weekend? It hasn't had over 85 players since going to split weekends again.

I suppose I may be willing to offer it for only the Open men and Womens divisions. I technically only have room for 72 players on the Pro Weekend. I would have to change formats to accommodate much more than 80 players.

If I decide to offer trophy only this year, these players would not get player packs (I didn't order enough) and would have to wait until just before the event to register so that full paying pros don't get shut out.

If you are an Am that is interested in playing trophy only this year, please contact me. I will gauge the interest and then make a decision.

discette
Nov 02 2009, 11:30 AM
Suzette, can you add Scoob Spradlin ADV and Austin Spradlin Novice/Junior to the reg list. I paid for them both when I registered. Thanks.

They have been added. Would Austin like to move to Junior under 13 or Junior under 10?

discette
Nov 02 2009, 11:53 AM
Suzette, can you please have them move me out of the men's division and into the ladies'? ;)

Thanks!

Sorry for the mistake, it seemed strange that you signed up to play with the guys.:p

bigrocc01
Nov 02 2009, 01:27 PM
Austin can play under 13 or 16 or whichever junior division is the biggest. Thanks.

rhett
Nov 02 2009, 03:52 PM
I technically only have room for 72 players on the Pro Weekend. I would have to change formats to accommodate much more than 80 players.

Do you do the Golden State layout on Sunday? If so, then nevermind. :o I was thinking you could hold 144 and were only getting half. If you are full every year then it's a good format and doesn't need any meddling. :D

Looking forward to this weekend. I find myself once again needing a good result at the SoCal Finals, where I never finish well. Still love the course and the tourney in spite of my own lameness playing the regular layout there. Maybe this is the year...

discette
Nov 02 2009, 04:10 PM
Do you do the Golden State layout on Sunday? If so, then nevermind. :o I was thinking you could hold 144 and were only getting half. If you are full every year then it's a good format and doesn't need any meddling. :D

We will play the Par 67 Championship (aka Golden State or US Masters) layout on Sunday - PRO weekend only. I can usually handle more than 72 players by adding a few ghost cards on the big 18.

Again, if anyone wants to play Open Men or Pro Women as trophy only, let me know. I will see if I can offer it this year.

grizzly09
Nov 02 2009, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=discette;1400818]We will play the Par 67 Championship (aka Golden State or US Masters) layout on Sunday. QUOTE]

AWESOME!!!!! :D

discette
Nov 02 2009, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=discette;1400818]We will play the Par 67 Championship (aka Golden State or US Masters) layout on Sunday. QUOTE]

AWESOME!!!!! :D

That is for Pro weekend only!

grizzly09
Nov 02 2009, 08:32 PM
Aaaawwwwww :( Oh well, it's still gonna be fun. LaMa's the best.

keithjohnson
Nov 04 2009, 07:47 PM
<b>ONLY 16 SPOTS</b> Left for AM weekend and it closes tomorrow night at 5PM Pacific time - better get signed up now, or you might miss out!

Godfather
Nov 09 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped put on this great event. My wife and I had a great time, and can't wait for next year.

Patrick P
Nov 09 2009, 04:06 PM
Had a great time at the event and really enjoyed the courses. I wish this was my home course, great place to improve your game.

Pics of the awards ceremony:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157622641812653/

billmh
Nov 09 2009, 05:29 PM
On behalf of Samuel and Joel I wish to extend my thanks to all who made this such a fun weekend. Thanks to Suzette for doing her usual excellent job as TD - we are fortunate to have such competent leadership. Thanks to Mike, Jerry, Beanie and all the others who made it run so smooth and did so with many smiles.

The boys were fortunate to play on three great cards. Thanks to Michelle, Raquel and Kay for being excellent partners and great pleasures to toss with, and to Paul for coming along for much of the last two rounds and being very encouraging. The boys had a blast.

richievegas
Nov 18 2009, 04:01 PM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYGv01EA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Thanks Ninja~

Patrick P
Nov 18 2009, 06:20 PM
Great video. I video recorded almost the entire final round and sudden death for the lead card. I have about 30 minutes of video that I am editing right now, and hopefully will post by the end of the weekend.