gokayaksteven
Sep 18 2009, 11:05 AM
do you guys find these really domey pro destroyers to be more (over)stable when new than the star destroyers? are the 168 and under star destroyers overstable like the lightweight star bosses?

LastBoyScout
Sep 18 2009, 06:53 PM
Yes and Yes. Back in the day when the Pro Destroyers had come out, these were my long D go to disc. I have a super domey 167 that is light enough that I can hyzer flip it through off axis torque, yet its stable enough to come back out.

There is just something about the Pro plastic that just wants to glide.....

Now im excited to see what happens with the Pro Bosses.

The R-Pro Boss (147grams) gets me the same D as my Champion, and that is with having to throw hyzer flip to compensate for the sheer weight difference. Im hoping that he Pro Bosses will behave more like the Pro Destroyers.

I have been known to pull out the Pro Destroyers when i need a long bomb to throw over a water hazard hole or extreme distance shot with a really strong tailwind.

Just get domey. people just dont listen to me when I tell them about dome vs flat on certain Innova discs.

Oh. i forgot to add, I have a Champion Destroyer that is so domey and overstable, i pulled my XCals out of the bag.

20460chase
Sep 24 2009, 12:48 PM
The Pro Bosses should be a Destroyer on steroids. They have the same flight and feel, I saw some last night.

There are also a more Star-like mix of Pro Destroyers that are super flat. I have some of the merlot colored ones, and they are pigs. They dont hold the anny line as long as the domey Destroyers, but are just as beefy.