revmatty
Sep 15 2009, 01:10 AM
Greetings my fellow Dg'ers.

Thought I'd introduce my self, since I am new around here.

I'm Rev. Matthew (friends call me Matty), born and raised in the Twin Cities, now living in Central Minnesota with my lovely wife, 2 cats and 1 dog.

I started playing this awesome sport some 18 years ago, when introduced to it by a couple friends, on a road trip........
We were headed to Southern Minnesota, when we stopped in St Peter to stretch our legs, and they found a course on the State Hospital Grounds. I Never cared much for golf, but thought I'd give it a try. So I stepped up to the first tee, and they pointed the basket out to me. Easy, about 75 feet to my left. I was wrong, had to dog lag a tree for it to count, so that added another 75 feet. Well I let her fly, then they followed suit. We spent about 5 minutes looking for the disc, thinking it rolled down the hill, when all of a sudden one of my friends holered, "Up here." Well me and the other guy went up the hill, and didn't see it on the ground. So the other one pointed, and low and behold, there she laid, in the basket. An Ace, on my very first throw.
Thank God for that, cause since then, been hooked.

A little more about me...I'm an avid cook, football fan (Tampa Bay Bucs), full time minister, and this weekend hosting and TDing my first charity DG event.

Well that's me in a nut shell. Hope to see you all out on the course someday and till then, keep fly'in.