RiX Perez
Sep 10 2009, 12:29 PM
Ok.. can yall 'splain how the Team divisions work? Emerging, Merged.... 3- Advanced 3-Interm. player... is there an Am division? Can SADC send a team from every course is it a best of the city thing? Where did yall get those cute orange shirts? and Maybe a Logo contest for the teams going?

Is Team McClain gonna wreck shop this year?

I know, I know... what's with all the ?s right!

JerryChesterson
Sep 10 2009, 08:53 PM
Ok.. can yall 'splain how the Team divisions work? Emerging, Merged.... 3- Advanced 3-Interm. player... is there an Am division? Can SADC send a team from every course is it a best of the city thing? Where did yall get those cute orange shirts? and Maybe a Logo contest for the teams going?

Is Team McClain gonna wreck shop this year?

I know, I know... what's with all the ?s right!

SADC is definately sending at least one team and we are trying for a second team. All of the info is on http://www.circularproductions.com/texas_teams.html

If you are interested in playing just let me know.

And yes SADC will WRECK IT this year!

RiX Perez
Sep 10 2009, 10:22 PM
Ok... Since I'm an idiot lets make sure I understand this...

Team McClain sends 6 players.. 3- Advanced 3 Intem. right. If there is a second "Team McClain" it has to be 6- Am.? So say if I wanted a "Team Sall" (Pearsall) I would need 3- Adavanced and 3- Interm.? We couldn't join just with 6- Am?

Am why not Team Die Hard? Ya know... John McClain... Die Hard... the slogan could be "Yippie Ki Yay, Mutha****er!!!" or "Live Free or Die Hard Disc Golfing", or "Disc Golf with a Vengeance". Would make for some sweet shirts! Put a basket on top of Nakatomi Tower....

And yeah.. I am interested in playing... love to do some campin' and discin'. I'd have to clear it with La Ley though... sounds like a blast! Think I would get smoked out there though....

And just some you know "AT&T Hates Puppies"

GobinWSU
Sep 10 2009, 11:16 PM
Sign me up Rick!

opereida
Sep 10 2009, 11:25 PM
With over 120 SADC Members....I'm sure we can get teams for McClain, Pearsall and Nani.:) I know Scott is Team McClains' Captain so who else would be interested in forming the other two teams (captains)?

RiX Perez
Sep 11 2009, 09:27 AM
Sign me up Rick!

Uh-Oh... I think we are in trouble.... Jeff's on board. I'll talk with you about getting a team together (no promises though)

JerryChesterson
Sep 11 2009, 10:28 AM
Ok... Since I'm an idiot lets make sure I understand this...

Team McClain sends 6 players.. 3- Advanced 3 Intem. right. If there is a second "Team McClain" it has to be 6- Am.? So say if I wanted a "Team Sall" (Pearsall) I would need 3- Adavanced and 3- Interm.? We couldn't join just with 6- Am?

Am why not Team Die Hard? Ya know... John McClain... Die Hard... the slogan could be "Yippie Ki Yay, Mutha****er!!!" or "Live Free or Die Hard Disc Golfing", or "Disc Golf with a Vengeance". Would make for some sweet shirts! Put a basket on top of Nakatomi Tower....

And yeah.. I am interested in playing... love to do some campin' and discin'. I'd have to clear it with La Ley though... sounds like a blast! Think I would get smoked out there though....

And just some you know "AT&T Hates Puppies"

Actually Team McClain consists of 9 players as we have played in the established division (and taken 3rd and 5th the past 2 years).

Please Please Please make sure you are coordinating with me on this as I've already got a list of players that are wanting to form up another team. I think this is the year we win and I don't see any reason we can't win both the established and the merged divisions!

RiX Perez
Sep 11 2009, 04:26 PM
No worries JC... I read the post about it and it sounds fun. I'm not 100% I can even play but it would be cool... I'll get with you about it.

JerryChesterson
Sep 11 2009, 04:37 PM
you along with everyone else should play ... it is the best tourney of the year (of course besides the Bryan McClain Open, SADC Ice Bowl, TACO, THC Throwdown, & SADC Ace Race)

JerryChesterson
Oct 02 2009, 12:15 PM
Team 1 is full, Team 2 is still in need of a few players.

DeeLeekhaHouck
Oct 08 2009, 02:41 PM
Below are the TEAMS that are registered! If you don't see your name...you aren't registered! Hurry up and get us the COMPLETED forms!

1. Jason Moore $20 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go Warlocks!</font></b>

2. Mike Brown $20 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go Team Mileage!</font></b>

3. Mathew Solman $15 Gift Certificate<b> <font color="red"> Go Maroon Monsters!</font></b>

4. Tom Yocky $15 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go Jus Disc League!</font></b>

5, John Stone $10 Gift Certificate<b> <font color="red"> Go Generals!</font></b>

6. Chris Ware $10 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go Krunk Rock!</font></b>

7. Scott Hougland $10 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go McClain!</font></b>

8. Doug Fritz $10 Gift Certificate <b> <font color="red">Go CROWLEY! Last YEAR's WINNERS!!

It's gonna be a<b> <font color="red"> GREAT TIME!</font></b>

Email us at [email protected] for questions.
Dee & John

DeeLeekhaHouck
Oct 08 2009, 08:22 PM
Here's the latest registration update: There are corrections here on the order of registration! CROWLEY didn't make it in the TOP TEN for registration! Maybe there's a chance for another Team to take over Teams #1 spot this year...

Teams Registered in the order of registration.

1. Jason Moore $20 Gift Certificate Go Warlocks! .</font> </b>

2. Mike Brown $20 Gift Certificate Go Team Mileage! .</font> </b>

3. Mathew Solman $15 Gift Certificate Go Maroon Monsters! .</font> </b>

4. Tom Yocky $15 Gift Certificate Go Jus Disc League! .</font> </b>

5, John Stone $10 Gift Certificate Go Generals! .</font> </b>

6. Chris Ware $10 Gift Certificate Go Krunk Rock! .</font> </b>

7. Scott Hougland $10 Gift Certificate Go McClain! .</font> </b>

8. Dave Emrick, $10 Gift Certificate WDGC Go weatherford ! .</font> </b>

9. Jacob Walsdorf, $10 Gift Certificate Go Jack Brooks I! .</font> </b>

10. Jacob Walsdorf, $10 Gift Certificate Go Jack Brooks II! .</font> </b>

11. Bryce Longerbone, $10 Gift Certificate Go CROWLEY! .</font> </b>

12. Doug Fritz $10 Gift Certificate Go Intimidators! .</font> </b>

For those who have registered, but not paid, please call our office and give us your credit card information.

We have 4 teams who have reserved their spots and in the first week of registration, we have half sold!

GET YOUR FORMS IN!!! You may miss out otherwise.

CGPRush
Oct 12 2009, 01:28 AM
Team 1 is full, Team 2 is still in need of a few players.

If the position is still open, I will captain the Nani Falcone team. If the captaincy is already taken, I would still like to play on the team in either Advanced Master or Intermediate as needed.

Is the Falcone team better constituted as an Emerging/Merged team (6 players) or Established (9 players)?

JerryChesterson
Oct 12 2009, 11:02 AM
If the position is still open, I will captain the Nani Falcone team. If the captaincy is already taken, I would still like to play on the team in either Advanced Master or Intermediate as needed.

Is the Falcone team better constituted as an Emerging/Merged team (6 players) or Established (9 players)?

Corey the Captaincy is your. I'll call / email you what I've compiled to date.

At this point we just don't have the Pros (3 are needed) to come up with 2 Established teams so we'll have to go Merged this year.

JerryChesterson
Oct 13 2009, 10:57 AM
They way it stands right now we are 2 Intermediatte players and 1 Advanced player away from having 2 full teams. If you are interested in playing let Corey or I know.

RiX Perez
Oct 14 2009, 11:01 AM
Sorry guys... no go on me being part of a team this year.

Good Luck to all who are playing!! Kick some butt SADC!!

JerryChesterson
Oct 14 2009, 12:33 PM
Sorry guys... no go on me being part of a team this year.

Good Luck to all who are playing!! Kick some butt SADC!!

Rick let's play the P soon.

JerryChesterson
Oct 14 2009, 01:07 PM
McClain Monarchs
Name Position
Phil Morgan MPO
Orlando Pereida MPO
Jayson Houston MA1
Scott Hougland MA1
Brandon Tull MA2
Ray Pereida MA2
Shannon Fosdick MPM
Stacey Pereida FW1
Ernie Hernandez MM1

Did you hear that? That is the sound of all the other teams getting really scared!

Lala
Oct 14 2009, 03:40 PM
McClain Monarchs
Name Position
Phil Morgan MPO
Orlando Pereida MPO
Jayson Houston MA1
Scott Hougland MA1
Brandon Tull MA2
Ray Pereida MA2
Shannon Fosdick MPM
Stacey Pereida FW1
Ernie Hernandez MM1

Did you hear that? That is the sound of all the other teams getting really scared!

Fun Hater's are not scared - just informed. Hate to tell you boyz, but I'm pretty sure that Stacey can't be you FW1. She's registered as a Pro, has taken cash, & her rating is too high to move down to ams (for teams - trust me, I've tryed). Good luck finding a real am women. :)

JerryChesterson
Oct 15 2009, 10:09 AM
Same situation as last year except Stacey's rating is 5 points lower.

DISConnected
Oct 15 2009, 11:03 AM
Not the same as last year, because although she played pro in 08, she did not cash. This year she has cashed, and unless she didnt accept it, she's no longer an amateur.

JerryChesterson
Oct 15 2009, 11:07 AM
Isn't the ratings cut off 875 for am women anyway?

RiX Perez
Oct 15 2009, 01:15 PM
Thinking about heading to the "Sall" Friday afternoon.... about 530pm or so

Lala
Oct 16 2009, 04:02 PM
Rating for FPO to play FW1 was 825 @ Teams (in the past) - the bigger diffrence is that she's registered as a Pro this year, last year she was registered as an Am (regardless of cashing). That's just how it's been in the past - who knows, maybe no one will notice & no one will say anything (Good Luck with that).

JerryChesterson
Oct 16 2009, 04:15 PM
Rating for FPO to play FW1 was 825 @ Teams (in the past) - the bigger diffrence is that she's registered as a Pro this year, last year she was registered as an Am (regardless of cashing). That's just how it's been in the past - who knows, maybe no one will notice & no one will say anything (Good Luck with that).

100% sure the cut off isn't 825 for PDGA for FW1.

Lala
Oct 16 2009, 04:28 PM
I know (that's why I put @ Teams, not @ PDGA) - I think it's kinda weird that the one place the make a rating related rules exception is the hardest spot to fill. They let me play as a women the year it was at San Saba (only cause our team was registered before I accepted cash in Lewisville & I was still registered with the PDGA as an am), after that I've either played as an Int Man or Swing. I'd play as a woman for sure - if they would have let me (or made a spot for Pro Women).

JerryChesterson
Oct 16 2009, 05:21 PM
Some MA2 players better hope that they let Stacey play FW1 or else she'd be forced into MA2. She'd whip some boys into shape :D.

haleigh
Oct 17 2009, 11:44 AM
if anyone needs a FW1 let me know..

mitchjustice
Oct 17 2009, 11:03 PM
Krazy Putts...what happened to your team?

JH uses 850 as the magic number for the ladies

haleigh
Oct 19 2009, 11:21 AM
Our team fell apart..busy families. So no female above 850 can play the FW1 spot?

mitchjustice
Oct 19 2009, 11:34 AM
Depends on if you have cashed and taken the money...not up to me this year, but that has been the number JH has used for the last few that I helped with....All depend on how the PDGA has you listed...MJ

haleigh
Oct 19 2009, 01:39 PM
I am listed AM and I have never taken cash, nor cashed in open so I should be good.

JerryChesterson
Oct 22 2009, 11:50 AM
Attention TX Teams Players ...
Please bring try and get your cash for TX Teams entry to me when possible. I'll be at this Saturday's Mini, this Saturday's Doubles, & likely this Saturday's Glow round. Also you can bring it to the camping trip next weekend too.

Cost is $60/player. If you asked for a hoodie its an extra $5, if you asked for a mock its an extra $3.

Attention SADCers not playing in TX Teams ....
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to come up to Wimberely to camp with us. Its a great time.

TUNGUSKA!

DeeLeekhaHouck
Nov 18 2009, 01:51 AM
Hey Gang!

Looking forward to seeing you all!!! We are working hard and getting ready to bring you the BEST Teams Ever!

We have a great staff helping us: Rosie, Britney, Mary, Katrina, Pierce, Josh, Zac, Todd and last but not least Fish!

Announcements:

If you haven't made a lunch reservation for Saturday, please do so asap. Email [email protected] We are taking a head count for the caterer. You will pay her directly. She also has breakfast Taco's available on Saturday and Sunday if you want to reserve them.

We will be ready to check-in Teams at 1:00pm to 7:00pm in the pro-shop Friday and 7:00am to Noon on Saturday.

ALL PLAYERS MUST CHECK IN TO PICK UP THEIR DISCS.

Pizza & Beer Party for the Players at 6:00pm. Pick up your tickets at check in. LOTS of prizes to be given out. EVERYONE gets another free prize ( this was not disclosed before ) We want a great turnout!

1 or 2 Beer kegs are being donated and served by Independence Brewery and we are purchasing an another 3-4 for the party.

We have hired a video-grapher and will be shooting the whole weekend. We plan to put out a few short videos and if we get good footage, maybe a documentary.

We would like to interview players who have served in the Military or currently have family members serving. Please check in with me at the pro-shop.

If you are not on our mailing list, please email us your address, we'll add you.

There are 366 registered players and 45 Teams. Our biggest tournament YET!

We need your help and cooperation to ensure the event runs successfully and without incidence. Please read all the ranch rules and let us know if you have any questions.

We have 3 new wheelbarrows for you to take your gear to your campsite but please do not jump fences, park your cars on the street or drive in roped off areas.

NOW for the REALLY EXCITING NEWS!!

The PLAYER Packages will include a BRAND NEW Pre-Release SIRIUS POLARIS LS. Players who have thrown it, compare it to a T-Bird.

You will also get a QJLS with a special 10th year Texas Teams Hot Stamp.

The first 20 Teams to Register won gift certificates for the Circle R Pro-shop. They can be used for anything except 2009 TX Teams merchandise.

Here are the WINNERS!

1. Jason Moore $20 Gift Certificate Go Warlocks!

2. Mike Brown $20 Gift Certificate Go Team Mileage!

3. Mathew Solman $15 Gift Certificate Go Maroon Monsters!

4. Tom Yocky $15 Gift Certificate Go Jus Disc League!

5, John Stone $10 Gift Certificate Go Generals!

6. Chris Ware $10 Gift Certificate Go Krunk Rock!

7. Scott Hougland $10 Gift Certificate Go McClain!

8. Dave Emrick, $10 Gift Certificate WDGC Go weatherford !

9. Jacob Walsdorf, $10 Gift Certificate Go Jack Brooks I!

10. Jacob Walsdorf, $10 Gift Certificate Go Jack Brooks II!

11. Bryce Longerbone, $10 Gift Certificate Go CROWLEY!

12. Doug Fritz $10 Gift Certificate Go Intimidators!

13 John Eaves, $10 Gift Certificate Go Hecklers!

14. Goose Gosnell $10 Gift Certificate Go Zboaz!

15. Laura Kashis, $10 Gift Certificate Go Live Oak!

16 Ray Brandon $5 Gift Certificate Go DiscQualified!

17. Tony Shirley $5 Gift Certificate Go Arlinton ChainBusters!

18. Jon Parmley $5 Gift Certificate Go Pease!

19. Chris Craig $5 Gift Certificate Go Team West Guth!

20. Jackie Hawkings $5 Gift Certificate Go Team Waldren!

TEAMS!!! Get Ready! COME ON OVER!!!

BEST WISHES,

Dee & John

mdsammy
Nov 18 2009, 11:42 PM
Is there anyone with SADC that will be camping Saturday night that has room in their tent or is looking to share a tent? (Oh man, after writing that I just realized how g4y it sounded...). Anyways... I was going to bring my own but it is a 5 person tent and is too large to justify bringing just for myself.

JerryChesterson
Nov 19 2009, 09:32 PM
OK, people, it's time for the highly-anticipated announcement of the pools. First, Established. We have an amazing eight pools for Established, and here they are:

Pool A
Crowley CROW
Circle C CIRC
San Angelo Warlocks SAW
Waterloo 3 LOO3

Pool B
Pro Turn PT
Round Rock Hecklers RRH
Waterloo 1 Disc-iples LOO1
Windale WIN

Pool C
Round Rock Krunk Rock RRKR
Waterloo 2 -- Loo's Crew LOO2
Mileage Ultimate MIL
Riverside Ultimate RU

Pool D
McClain MCCL
Lamar LAM
Jack Brooks 2 JB2
Searight SEAR

Pool E
Pease PEA
Arlington B ARLB
Waldron WAL
Round Rock Fun Haters RRFH

Pool F
Harry Myers Team DiscQualified HMTDQ
Hill Country Neighbors HCN
Z-Boaz ZBO
Seawrong SEAW

Pool G
Arlington A ARLA
Jack Brooks 1 JB1
Hill Country HC
Early Birds EB

Pool H
West Guth WG
Live Oak LO
Aggie Maroon Monster AGMM
Seamoore SEAM

There are 12 Merged teams who will be playing in 2 pools: Pool m and Pool n. More info for the Merged team will be posted earlier.

Established teams will play everyone else in their pool on Saturday. The 8 pool winners will sleep Sunday; everyone else will go to the Mixmaster. 8 more teams will advance from the Mixmaster. Then it will be the Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four, Terrible Two...

We're on a very tight schedule. Just know that if we get severe weather and can't finish pool play Saturday, we'll have to cancel the Mixmaster and Sweet Sixteen, so don't slack off on Saturday.

Merged teams will play 4 rounds Saturday and one Sunday. The top 2 teams from each pool will advance.

The following pools will have an 8:00 (sharp) meeting and an 8:30 start: A,B,C,D,m,n (That's both teams, McClain Monarchs & Nani Falcons)
A note on team names: many teams have given themselves new names for this year, which is fine. You can call yourselves (and the other teams) whatever you like in private. But during the event, we can't handle dozens of new names. So we will still lovingly refer to you using names based on your home city or course. I have included above the abbreviations we'll be using on scorecards. Please make sure everyone on your team knows your official tournament name. McClain Monarchs abbreviations is MCCL

One other important note. Sadly, we no longer own the Back 50. We still own the Hill and the Meadow, and we hope to own them for a very long time. Thank you for your respect of our land, and please be extra super respectful of the Back 50. The new owners have very generously allowed us to use it this weekend.

It's going to be a fantastic weekend.

CGPRush
Nov 20 2009, 02:26 AM
Is there anyone with SADC that will be camping Saturday night that has room in their tent or is looking to share a tent? (Oh man, after writing that I just realized how g4y it sounded...). Anyways... I was going to bring my own but it is a 5 person tent and is too large to justify bringing just for myself.

I'll be in a 3-person tent. You're welcome to use whatever floor space remains after my cot is set up.

JerryChesterson
Nov 20 2009, 10:04 AM
I'll be in a 3-person tent. You're welcome to use whatever floor space remains after my cot is set up.

Micah just watch out for the STEAMROLLER!

mdsammy
Nov 20 2009, 10:24 AM

Cool. Thanks Corey.

Micah just watch out for the STEAMROLLER!

Hahaha. Wait, whaa??

hyzerhunny
Nov 20 2009, 01:26 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhahahahaahaha... Scott! he would only get the steamroller if he was in our tent... unfortunately i think those are reserved for me in the mornings... :)

opereida
Nov 22 2009, 07:12 PM
I had a great time at Teams this weekend. This year was my personal best record with 3 wins and 1 tie. We made it to the sweet 16 and lost to Pease. Can't wait for next year.;)

CGPRush
Nov 24 2009, 02:45 AM
No steamrolling occurred and no hurling in the tent either!:eek::D

JHouston
Nov 24 2009, 05:23 PM
good times man they always seem to fly by so fast.
undefeated baby! it always helps to be a bagger.

JerryChesterson
Nov 25 2009, 12:03 PM
This was the most fun Teams I've ever been too. Congrats to all the SADC players who played great! Who wants in next year?