gokayaksteven
Sep 07 2009, 10:12 PM
much difference in roll pattern or distance between these 2?

gokayaksteven
Sep 09 2009, 11:18 AM
no one throws rollers with these discs? what makes a good out-of-the-box distance roller?

20460chase
Sep 09 2009, 12:13 PM
I use a RR occasionally, but still rely more on a beat SE TL or a beat Pro Destroyer.

Id never use a Monarch for anything. Ever.

Big E
Sep 09 2009, 12:34 PM
no one throws rollers with these discs? what makes a good out-of-the-box distance roller?

SS Avenger!!!!!!!!

Sep 09 2009, 01:12 PM
to me i usualy roll a wraith for distance but i think it depends what type of roller shot you wanna throw.for a longer (air roller) which is set on the ground 250' or so out a more understable disc is better (for me) i like a cobra for this shot but some use avengers,or other understable discs.the roller i use most often (as i can control the finish best)is with an overstable disc ,set down quick 100' or less from the lie starting more right than what you would think would be good but with good angle > \ < and good snap it will track somewhat diagonaly 350' to 400' then slowly turn right to finish well over 500'

as far a picking the right disc to roll(stable or understable)the rim of the disc is the most important.you want it to be centered in relation to the thickness of the disc.so if you lay the disc down flat on a table or something flat theres the same amount of material above and below the discs edge.

Jeff_LaG
Sep 09 2009, 06:50 PM
much difference in roll pattern or distance between these 2?

I think that a Roadrunner is a better long distance roller. The Monarch will not roll as far, and make a tighter finishing turn than the Roadrunner, which tends to finish with a wider finishing turn arc.

As for what makes a better out-of-the-box distance roller, that depends on what you are looking for. If you have problems getting a roller on edge, the Monarch will be easier to accomplish that. Also, with a Monarch, you'll be able to throw a shot that flies further in the air, then lands on edge and rolls, but stands up quicker and curls. With a Roadrunner, you'll likely have to get the disc on the ground sooner and without as much distance in the air, but it will then hold the line better and not stand up as quick. A Roadrunner is going to be a better downhill roller. It's going to be a better cut roller. And it's going to be a better sky roller.

Hopefully that helps.

two5twosix9
Sep 10 2009, 03:03 PM
I think that a Roadrunner is a better long distance roller. The Monarch will not roll as far, and make a tighter finishing turn than the Roadrunner, which tends to finish with a wider finishing turn arc.

As for what makes a better out-of-the-box distance roller, that depends on what you are looking for. If you have problems getting a roller on edge, the Monarch will be easier to accomplish that. Also, with a Monarch, you'll be able to throw a shot that flies further in the air, then lands on edge and rolls, but stands up quicker and curls. With a Roadrunner, you'll likely have to get the disc on the ground sooner and without as much distance in the air, but it will then hold the line better and not stand up as quick. A Roadrunner is going to be a better downhill roller. It's going to be a better cut roller. And it's going to be a better sky roller.

Hopefully that helps.

I agree (even though you are a steelers fan). I think the main difference is that a roadrunner can be put down with more angle and is easier to finess roll. The RR seems more controlable than the monarch. I haventthrown amonarch for a while butusedit as a roller and it couldn't compare to my RR or dx leopard. The monarch might go a bit further but that distance might be in the wrong direction.

bpait
Sep 10 2009, 05:58 PM
I preferr to roll with a champion sidewinder.

gokayaksteven
Sep 10 2009, 07:03 PM
how are the dx sidewinders?

two5twosix9
Sep 11 2009, 12:15 PM
how are the dx sidewinders?

It doesn't really matter which disc you use as long as you throw it right. I like a flippydisc that I can throw on the same line as a bombing air shot that willpull itself over and down to the ground. I use RR and DX leopards. I have a friend that uses destroyers and wraiths but turns them into the ground as hard as he can.go to a football field and experiment.

LastBoyScout
Sep 14 2009, 05:48 PM
Monarch is crap until its beat enough. I use a champ RR for a stable version and a star RR for understable version. Used as a quick turning roller.

I prefer a beat Wraith for my distance rollers.