jarmiller
Aug 25 2009, 01:09 AM
Recreational
Place Points Name PDGA# Rating Rd 1 Rd 2 To Par Total Prize

1 Bryan xxxxxx 228xx 921 58 53 -9 111

So that I'm not calling this player out I've x'ed out his last name and number. This player clearly didn't make a mistake in signing up for the Rec division since he's been playing Am 2 since 2003. But in this tourney he played in the Rec division, this was well after the new ratings, and won.

What is the PDGA going to do about this? I reported this to the TD a week after finding out. He didn't indicate doing anything about it. What does the PDGA do in these situations? PM me and I can tell you what tournament it was.

krupicka
Aug 25 2009, 08:57 AM
Competition Manual:
B. A player is solely responsible for knowing what division(s)
they are eligible to compete in. Entry into an ineligible
division may result in disqualification from the event
and/or suspension from PDGA events.

You can always email the tour manager (Dave Gentry) and ask him to look into it. btw. It doesn't take much to find him (and the tournament) with the info you gave...

He shot 908 golf. Looking at the Int field it was mostly filled with Rec players. If those players had played in the division they were eligible for, he would have taken third and you'd be bumped down even further.

gippy
Aug 25 2009, 09:30 AM
But come on 921 in rec thats foolish my rating(919) dosen't refelct my ability as I have only 2 events recorded for my rating. But I would never consider playing rec. this guy should get the Sandbagger of the year award. The TD should def report this and never should have allowed it.

krupicka
Aug 25 2009, 09:36 AM
The TD should not have allowed him, but may have missed it. The only recourse once awards are done is to communicate with the Tour Manager.

bruce_brakel
Aug 25 2009, 10:28 AM
He had an 869 rating until the July update. The update was based on one tournament. Chances are he did not know his rating went up.

Wow, Kris Orrick played some hot golf at that tournament.

bruce_brakel
Aug 25 2009, 10:42 AM
A couple of weekends ago my wife lost in Am 4 to a guy with an 855 rating. It happens. The TD or somebody had told him that he was Am 4 eligible with his new rating.

You can either come to the tournament with a print out of regional players and their ratings, and volunteer to check ratings, or you can learn to deal with the fact that no one is going to get too excited about it afterwards.

The bottom line is, the PDGA is not going to do much about it after the fact.

jarmiller
Aug 25 2009, 01:23 PM
disregard this thread.

jarmiller
Aug 25 2009, 01:31 PM
He shot 908 golf. Looking at the Int field it was mostly filled with Rec players. If those players had played in the division they were eligible for, he would have taken third and you'd be bumped down even further.

Not the point of where I finished. I'm trying to figure out if the PDGA does anything about players in the wrong division, since that's where our dues go.

Thanks for the info.

dinoroger
Aug 25 2009, 02:49 PM
disregard this thread.

I tried but it is here and I can't ignore it. :)

bruce_brakel
Aug 25 2009, 03:27 PM
I tried but it is here and I can't ignore it. :)It is like an electric light to a moth!

bruce_brakel
Aug 25 2009, 03:34 PM
Not the point of where I finished. I'm trying to figure out if the PDGA does anything about players in the wrong division, since that's where our dues go.

Thanks for the info.If you complain, they'll probably give the guy a call or an e-mail telling him what divisions he is eligible to play in. They might threaten something for a repeat offense.

With a player who played in the Masters division a year early [with the consent of all the other Masters] they just told them not to do that until they were old enough. The player was not me, and I was not the one who complained, but that is the only comparable instance I know of where the PDGA did anything at all.

ChrisWoj
Aug 25 2009, 04:54 PM
But come on 921 in rec thats foolish my rating(919) dosen't refelct my ability as I have only 2 events recorded for my rating. But I would never consider playing rec. this guy should get the Sandbagger of the year award. The TD should def report this and never should have allowed it.
I've seen FAR worse sandbagger situations this year.

DSproAVIAR
Aug 25 2009, 05:24 PM
The PDGA does not enforce their own rules. Better get used to it.

johnbiscoe
Aug 25 2009, 05:26 PM
If you complain, they'll probably give the guy a call or an e-mail telling him what divisions he is eligible to play in. They might threaten something for a repeat offense.

With a player who played in the Masters division a year early [with the consent of all the other Masters] they just told them not to do that until they were old enough. The player was not me, and I was not the one who complained, but that is the only comparable instance I know of where the PDGA did anything at all.

full tale please...

bruce_brakel
Aug 25 2009, 06:03 PM
full tale please...We're not giving names on this thread. We're giving sufficient hints that those who are motivated can fill in the names! :D Besides, I don't think I can give you the full tale. I gave you everything I have except the player's name. She plays Masters now so I guess she would not mind you knowing her age.

The other thing the PDGA did was they eliminated the stat from her stats. If you go to her stats you won't see her as having played the tournament. Based on her stats, I'm pretty sure it happened in 2007.

jarmiller
Aug 26 2009, 12:30 PM
The PDGA does not enforce their own rules. Better get used to it.

I second that! They have a chance to here.

twoputtok
Aug 26 2009, 12:36 PM
But they won't.

jarmiller
Aug 27 2009, 12:37 PM
The PDGA is looking into it.

twoputtok
Aug 28 2009, 12:51 PM
I can't wait to read their answer.................................:confused: