JohnLambert
Aug 21 2009, 11:28 AM
Let's say a building is used as a mandatory marker. If a disc is thrown and it lands on the roof of the building, it would be past the virual vertical line correct? Making it a missed mando? The 2 meter rule would not apply because the mando is already missed? Or would it depend on which edge of the building marks the begining of the mando. If the front marks the beginning, it would be 2 meter rule? If the back marks the beginning, it would be missed mando?

Now let's say a roller cuts left and hits the building, stopping propped up against the wall of the same building. Because the building is the mando, would a meter relief be allowed off the wall?

I'm sorry for such a confusing set of questions, but if anyone can make out what I am trying to ask, feel free to comment or answer. Thanks.

Karl
Aug 21 2009, 11:44 AM
John,

Just another reason never to use a manditory / OB / the 2-meter penalty ;) .

I.
But seriously, in your first scenario I'd treat the entire building as a VERY wide tree and thus you have to pass 'to the correct side' of the ENTIRE tree (I've been on the 'wrong side' of such a call - trying to throw over a mando - more than once). I've always been told that "it's the whole thing" and "not just a part of it" (unless, of course, a line were painted on the bldg indicating exactly where the mando was).
But this again points out the imperfect nature of mandos.

Or your questions - answered in order (whether they have a "?" at the end or not) - are:
yes, yes, yes, no, no, no.

II.
In your second scenario, I believe the answer is "no" (as it is 'just another obstacle' (like a tree) but this one is one which you're grateful you didn't 'pass incorrectly').

Karl

bob
Aug 23 2009, 11:34 AM
Unless buildings are declared OB. Only then would a meter of perpendicular relief be allowed.