gotcha
Aug 11 2009, 12:09 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/DSC_4764copy.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=DSC_4764copy.jpg)

2009 Deer Lakes Course Championship
Deer Lakes Park, Russellton, PA
Sunday, August 23

Registration 8:30 - 9:30
Players Meeting 9:45
First Round 10:00
Second Round TBA

The following divisions will be offered:

Open ~ $20
Advanced ~ $20
Intermediate ~ $20
Recreational ~ $20
Women ~ $10

Format: 2 rounds of 18-holes:

Open ~ Blue Tees (both rounds)
Advanced ~ Blue Tees (Rd 1); White Tees (Rd 2)
Intermediate ~ White Tees (both rounds)
Recreational ~ Red Tees (both rounds)

*This is a fund-raising event benefiting The Hunt at Deer Lakes (Sept 26)*
No cash payout/No prize payout (100% of the entry fees to be donated to The Hunt)

Trophies awarded to 1st and 2nd place competitor in each division.
1st place winners will also receive a commemorative bag-tag!

** Closest-To-Pin prizes for all divisions! Free raffle prizes!

Mark your calendar as this will be the second annual course championship at Deer Lakes Park! We will utilize The Hunt's tournament pin positions so not only will we be raising money for our fall event, the course championship be an excellent opportunity to practice the 18-hole layout in a competitive setting.

This event is open to anyone who wishes to participate...players do not have to be a PFDS member to play in this event. Besides trophies, bag-tags and other prizes, there is one thing the divisional winners will also take away from this championship........braggin' rights!

Players Picnic for PFDS Members: Something new for this year will be a players picnic between rounds. PFDS members eat for free. Non-members pay a $5 fee. Scott McIntyre is providing burgers & hot dogs, however, players will need to provide their own beverages. We are also asking players to bring some tasty deserts/snacks to share with fellow members.

Donated prizes: We will be offering CTP prizes for the five divisions including CE discs signed by the 2009 World Champions who competed in this year's PFDO: Avery Jenkins, Valarie Jenkins and Elaine King. If you have any disc golf merchandise you would like to donate, please bring it with you to the tournament to be used as CTP or raffle prizes.

We hope to see you at Deer Lakes on Sunday, August 23!

gotcha
Aug 19 2009, 07:45 AM
If you are planning to play the Deer Lakes Course Championship this Sunday, please RSVP by sending an email to Scott McIntyre:

[email protected]

Scott needs an idea of how much food to bring for the lunch between rounds. Players will need to provide their own beverages and we are asking for folks to bring some tasty deserts to share with others. :)

SCOTT
Aug 22 2009, 12:04 AM
Just an FYI
Josh will be accepting sign ups for The Hunt and I will be accepting sign ups for Knobulus Maximus at this event. It would be cool to start getting the field filled it will encourage more out of town players to preregister. I have a feeling these events may just fill up. Word is spreading about our courses.

gotcha
Aug 22 2009, 09:22 AM
I was at Deer Lakes last night......Stella & DS were planning to install a new pin placement on Hole 15. :)

The layout we will play during the Course Championship this Sunday (8/23) will be the same layout used for The Hunt at Deer Lakes. Tournament pins will be moved into place today and will stay in position until the The Hunt.

garydropcho
Aug 22 2009, 09:54 AM
We are having a good time today prepping the course for tomorrow's Deer Lakes Course Championship. Dan and Josh will be leading the effort from 9 am-3 pm Sat. 8/22 to install tee signs, dress newly poured tee pads, paint OB, and other enjoyable tasks.

Please come out and help for a few hours.

hitman
Aug 22 2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah I saw Stella and he was having too much fun actually, kind of reminiscent of Tommy Boy, and come to think of it Dan was a dead on with David Spade having to coax him along to be more successful, but the new pin on 15 is nice. My hands hurt from pulling on jaggers but the plus side is I think 3c looks a little bit better. Anybody playing tomorrow have fun, put the course to sleep.

mprestop
Aug 23 2009, 01:51 AM
Those guys did a great job on the course today...KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!

sandalbagger
Aug 24 2009, 10:23 AM
Had a great time yesterday. Awesome picnic. We need to do more of those! Thanks Jerry for helping to raise money for the PFDS yet again. And to all of the people who come out and play and support the PFDS and the events, you guys are the best. Keeps getting bigger and better every year!!!! After 15 years of playing in PFDS events, I must say that it sure is nice to have such a large base of players who continue to support our club. THANKS.

And a big congratulations to J Gary for shooting an amazing round of 59 from the blues. That was some of the most fun I have had playing in quite a while. What a battle!! It sure is nice to be able to finally compete against you.

J Gary the Deer Lakes Course Champion for 2009. I don't mind relinquishing my title to someone who shoots a new course record!!

J Gary - Moraine and Deer Lakes
Me - Knob Hill and IUP

Looks like Schenley will be the setting for one of us to take the lead in the series at the League Finals.

Though we might need to watch out for Sidney!!

gotcha
Aug 24 2009, 06:29 PM
<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>OPEN
</td><td>Rd 1</td><td>Rd 2</td><td>Total
</td></tr><tr><td>J Gary Dropcho</td><td>62</td><td>59</td><td>121
</td></tr><tr><td>Chris Deitzel</td><td>62</td><td>62</td><td>124
</td></tr><tr><td>Sid Olcott</td><td>68</td><td>71</td><td>139
</td></tr><tr><td>Red Whittington</td><td>71</td><td>69</td><td>140
</td></tr><tr><td>Dave Olcott</td><td>76</td><td>74</td><td>150
</td></tr><tr><td>Jerry Gotcher</td><td>70</td><td>-</td><td>DNF
</td></tr><tr><td>Leo Liller</td><td>77</td><td>-</td><td>DNF</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>OPEN WOMEN
</td></tr><tr><td>Alanna Poole</td><td>81</td><td>71</td><td>158
</td></tr><tr><td>Lori Merriman</td><td>-</td><td>72</td><td>DNF</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>ADVANCED</td><td>Rd 1</td><td>Rd 2</td><td>Total
</td></tr><tr><td>Mark Prestopnik</td><td>68</td><td>65</td><td>133*
</td></tr><tr><td>Ben Hoolahan</td><td>69</td><td>64</td><td>133
</td></tr><tr><td>Ben Smith</td><td>71</td><td>64</td><td>134
</td></tr><tr><td>Scott Heintzleman</td><td>71</td><td>64</td><td>135
</td></tr><tr><td>Vince Slaugh</td><td>78</td><td>64</td><td>142
</td></tr><tr><td>Scott McIntyre</td><td>78</td><td>66</td><td>144
</td></tr><tr><td>Kurt Poole</td><td>75</td><td>70</td><td>145
</td></tr><tr><td>Stella</td><td>74</td><td>72</td><td>146
</td></tr><tr><td>Jason Gibson</td><td>70</td><td>-</td><td>DNF</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>INTERMEDIATE
</td></tr><tr><td>Jim Wilson</td><td>69</td><td>67</td><td>136
</td></tr><tr><td>Dave Wagner</td><td>70</td><td>67</td><td>137
</td></tr><tr><td>Ben Shaffer</td><td>67</td><td>71</td><td>138
</td></tr><tr><td>Dan Sauers</td><td>71</td><td>70</td><td>141
</td></tr><tr><td>Bobby Regan</td><td>72</td><td>70</td><td>142
</td></tr><tr><td>Bob Pollak</td><td>72</td><td>72</td><td>144
</td></tr><tr><td>Jake Bajema</td><td>77</td><td>69</td><td>146
</td></tr><tr><td>Ish Keener</td><td>76</td><td>73</td><td>149
</td></tr><tr><td>Pat Colony</td><td>74</td><td>79</td><td>153</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>RECREATIONAL</td><td>Rd 1</td><td>Rd 2</td><td>Total
</td></tr><tr><td>Ron Hosek</td><td>66</td><td>60</td><td>126
</td></tr><tr><td>Scott Hartle</td><td>64</td><td>66</td><td>130
</td></tr><tr><td>Craig McCloud</td><td>69</td><td>72</td><td>141
</td></tr><tr><td>Matt Plunkett</td><td>74</td><td>78</td><td>152
</td></tr><tr><td>Dave Walker</td><td>-</td><td>-</td><td>DNF</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks to everyone who showed up to compete and support the club in yet another fund-raising event in Pittsburgh. We raised almost $650.00 for our upcoming tournament, The Hunt at Deer Lakes!

Congrats to this year's champions... :)

gotcha
Aug 24 2009, 06:42 PM
A new Blue Tee course record was established during this year's Deer Lakes Course Championship:

Blue Tees: 59 ~ J Gary Dropcho (Open)

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/JGaryDeerLakesCourseRecordbluetees1.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=JGaryDeerLakesCourseRecordbluetees1.jpg)

SCOTT
Aug 24 2009, 08:30 PM
Is it not amazing the difference a little bit of concrete makes? Well that and alot of course maintenance. It looks like I shot a 44 in the first round. I don't think that is correct or it would be by far the course record! Another excellent course championship. Thanks again Jerry.

garydropcho
Aug 25 2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks to Jerry for running the event, to Scotty Mc for the players picnic and everyone who brought things to eat, to Chris, Sid and the other Open players for competing, and to Dan, Stella, Josh Arnette and all the others who have put in work on the course this year.
I do believe in course karma.

One note of fact: Marcus Ranii-Dropcho's 56 from Deer Lakes Red tees during the second round of 2008 Pittsburgh Scholastic Disc Golf Series is the current tournament record.

kUrTp
Aug 25 2009, 09:05 AM
One note of fact: Marcus Ranii-Dropcho's 56 from Deer Lakes Red tees during the second round of 2008 Pittsburgh Scholastic Disc Golf Series is the current tournament record.

Of course he has the course record!!! That's another reason he's a member of the JIMMY STEWARTS!!!

gotcha
Aug 25 2009, 09:34 AM
It looks like I shot a 44 in the first round. I don't think that is correct or it would be by far the course record!

Scores corrected above. Thanks for pointing out the error. :p

sandalbagger
Aug 25 2009, 10:01 AM
Now Jerry's disappearing act will forever go down in history. OR at least until the record gets broken again.

It was funny watching Jerry keep walking past 18's basket and towards the parking lot. I don't think he wanted to have a scorecard with 2 snowmen on it.