Hookprod
Aug 04 2009, 06:58 PM
I'm trying to compile a list of courses to play on my trip from San Diego, CA to Grand Forks, ND. The route is going to depend on the best courses to play. So, What are the top 3 courses in CA, NV, UT, ID, MT, WY, AZ, CO, NM. I already know I'm playing La Mirada and Delaveaga in CA. However, help with the other states would be great... even if you only know of one course, please post!!!

bigrocc01
Aug 05 2009, 12:42 PM
If I were driving from DeLa to La Mirada a couple definate must play courses in between are the Shark Tooth Mountain and Suicide Flats at Hart Part in Bakersfield,Ca. The courses have the best of both worlds-elevation and the flats. Hart Park is near the 58 hwy which takes you East towards Nevada. Check this site for a link to our site which has course maps. Drive safe and have fun!

Angst
Aug 05 2009, 01:46 PM
If you are already planning on driving as far north as DelaViega, why not just keep on driving north to Oregon where we have some of the best courses around.

Whistlers Bend State Park:
About 12 miles east of I-5 near Roseburg, OR is Whister's Bend State Park. This course is simply amazing. The location is heavenly and it has a great course on it.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=2002&mode=rev

Dexter Park:
About 15 miles east of I-5 near Eugene, OR. This is a tough, but still fun course.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=439&mode=rev

Milo McIver State Park:
Milo is arguably the crown jewel of west coast disc golf. The home of the Beaver State Fling is quickly becoming known as one of the premier courses in the country.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=416&mode=rev

Seriously, these are great courses and well worth the visit. Ask anyone who has played them, and they'll undoubtedly agree.

Cheers...

Hookprod
Aug 06 2009, 10:06 AM
I know Oregon has some great courses. I want to take a trip next summer there and play the best ones. Hopefully I can find something to play in Utah. Someone else told me a few awesome courses in CO too. Anybody else know any?

flynvegas
Aug 07 2009, 12:40 PM
Sunset Park would be a must if you pass thru Vegas.

brock
Aug 07 2009, 09:26 PM
when is your trip?

these are open until the snow flies...

wrightwood is 27 holes of mountain golf, an hour from LA. incredible views.

steamboat springs has a mountain course on the slopes, amazing views.

blue mountain in missoula and diamond X in billings are top notch.

anything in LAKE TAHOE ROCKS !! (tahoe vista, bijou and zephyr cove situated around lake) 2 more at kirkwood and another in truckee. i'm probably missing another.

all these courses offer views and privacy, never a wait on a tee box.

Hookprod
Aug 17 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the responses... Unfortunately i have decided to skip delaveaga due to mileage and family. I will however be headed from La Mirada east to Flagstaff and then on to Albuquerque. We're then going north to Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins. Next, we'll be headed across the plains to North Platte, NE and Omaha, NE. Finally finishing north to Sioux Falls, SD and Grand Forks, ND. Thanks for all the help and if you know of any great courses along this route, please let me know!

cgkdisc
Aug 17 2009, 12:00 PM
Check out Treasure Cove in Council Bluffs, IA.

rizbee
Aug 17 2009, 12:13 PM
Sipapu Ski Resort in New Mexico, north of Santa Fe. I'll send you o link to some pics...

Martin_Bohn
Aug 17 2009, 03:50 PM
I'm trying to compile a list of courses to play on my trip from San Diego, CA to Grand Forks, ND. The route is going to depend on the best courses to play. So, What are the top 3 courses in CA, NV, UT, ID, MT, WY, AZ, CO, NM. I already know I'm playing La Mirada and Delaveaga in CA. However, help with the other states would be great... even if you only know of one course, please post!!!

NV: sunset in vegas, or in the tahoe area, bijou park, zephyr cove.
UT: solitude in utah, solitude again in utah (its twice as good as any other course), creekside.
ID: bengal ridge in pocatello, lake wolcott in rupert, ann morrison park boise.
WY: targhee ski resort, cheyenne, casper
CO: beaver ranch, glenwood springs, palisades' riverbend course....theres a LOT of great courses in colorado.
the other states ?....