dmpdisc
Jul 21 2009, 12:27 PM
Is there an online sign-up? Looking forward to this event.

What was McBeth's hot round last year -21? Hard to compete with that.

discette
Jul 21 2009, 01:46 PM
The FREE online registration info is listed on the event flyer at socaldiscgolf.org. The flyer provides a direct link to online campground reservations as well.

FREE online registration page: http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2009_sunriseshowdown&cat=195

grizzly09
Jul 27 2009, 04:55 PM
Is there a refund policy for online registration?

discette
Aug 03 2009, 09:54 AM
Is there a refund policy for online registration?

Up to one week prior to the event, MS can handle refunds.

grizzly09
Aug 06 2009, 04:18 PM
Cool. One other thing: on the pre-reg list, I'm in the Advanced Masters division instead of regular Advanced.

Thanks,
AJ.

grizzly09
Aug 07 2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks Suzette :)

discette
Aug 08 2009, 08:26 PM
Sunrise Showdown is sold out and a wait list has been started.

dmpdisc
Aug 11 2009, 01:37 PM
anybody know the name and/or contact info for the wrightwood campground?

discette
Aug 11 2009, 01:55 PM
anybody know the name and/or contact info for the wrightwood campground?

Directly from the flyer for the event: http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73585

dmpdisc
Aug 11 2009, 02:28 PM
I signed up online ;-) Thanks!

Patrick P
Aug 11 2009, 02:34 PM
I got a campsite #71. I'll be driving up Friday afternoon if anyone wants to carpool!

dmpdisc
Aug 11 2009, 03:15 PM
Pat or others...
Any room for Emily and I to camp? I think Emily might be up for carpooling also.

Patrick P
Aug 11 2009, 04:35 PM
Pat or others...
Any room for Emily and I to camp? I think Emily might be up for carpooling also. That would be fine and the campsite is good for 8 people and two cars and we can share costs ($49 total for the two nights campsite). I'm driving up around 10:30-11:00ish a.m. Friday. I'll be off work at 10:00, and then can meet with anyone at my place in Clairemont.

Table Mountain, Campsite #71, Loop Apac. Friday & Saturday night reserved.

dmpdisc
Aug 11 2009, 11:16 PM
You're awesome Pat! Should be fun. They allow small BBQ's?

Patrick P
Aug 12 2009, 03:01 PM
You're awesome Pat! Should be fun. They allow small BBQ's?
You can bring a stove or grill, no problem. They also have a fire ring at the campsite. I'm bringing plenty of food for BBQ!

grizzly09
Aug 13 2009, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know if there will be doubles at 5 on Friday again like last year?

rhett
Aug 14 2009, 03:41 PM
Who's playing in a fivesome? :D

There are 109 signed up on the PDGA pre-reg list.

grizzly09
Aug 15 2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Patrick,
I don't know if you got my message. But I was wondering if you have room in your car on the way up to Wrightwood on Friday.
Thanks,
AJ.

discette
Aug 15 2009, 08:00 PM
The tee time for the first round of the Sunrise Showdown is being changed.

The player meeting will now be held at 2:30pm on Saturday with tee off to follow. The funeral for Tim Selinske is currently planned for 11:00am in Covina on Saturday. Changing the event start time will allow folks a chance to attend both the services and tournament and not be forced to choose between the two.

I believe in my heart Tim would not want this So Cal Series event to be canceled. He would be the first to understand that people have made personal and monetary commitments that may not be easily changed. I felt that moving the tee time back was the best solution given the unusual circumstances.

However, I understand that some players may not be able to attend given the time change. Simply let me know ASAP so I can issue a refund and let in players from the wait list.

I will be sending an email Monday to all currently registered players letting them know of the first round time change. However, please pass this information along to any other players you may know - just in case.

dmpdisc
Aug 16 2009, 04:57 PM
Very nice Suzette. Very sad to see Tim go. We observed a moment of silence for Tim yesterday at the outset of the Morley Monthly...thanks Snapper, and all the players who were fortunate enough to experience and share Tim's love for the sport.

rizbee
Aug 16 2009, 09:08 PM
Excellent decision - I think you're handling this well. So sad that Tim is gone. Hope that he has gotten some relief. I know I'll keep his spirit in mind as I organize and run future disc golf stuff.

discette
Aug 17 2009, 07:36 PM
I have sent emails to all registered players (called those without email) and let them know of the time change for Round 1. Hopefully everyone can help to pass the word along to any players they know just in case some folks may not read their emails in time. I processed a few withdraws and added some new players.

Remember, if you can't make it, please let me know ASAP. You can get a full refund and I can let in someone from the wait list.

Patrick P
Aug 21 2009, 01:02 PM
Saturday
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 64 to 74 above 6000 feet to 76 to 86 below 6000 feet. Light winds. Chance of measurable precipitation 50 percent.

billmh
Aug 24 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks to all who made this such an enjoyable weekend. Thanks to Suzette for td'ing smoothly as always while doing so with an understandably heavy heart. Thanks to Tom and all the locals for sharing Wrightwood with us. Thanks to those who volunteered - scoring, spotting, cleaning up - and made it happen. (Congrats to Beanieman for taking the basket in the raffle - it's nice to see those who contribute come out lucky!) Thanks to Sandy and all those who encouraged Samuel and Joel throughout the weekend. Thanks to all Adv. Masters I got to play with, making for two most enjoyable cards. Props to Ron for putting on a putting clinic when it mattered.

Thanks to Ma Nature for spectacular weather, a fitting smile to all us as we played with the knowledge of Tim's passing. A great tournament was a fine tribute to a great man.

Patrick P
Aug 27 2009, 01:45 PM
What an awesome event, thank you Suzette for all your hard work. This will be one of my favorite events to remember. Camping on a mountain with some disc golf included, can't beat it. I took several pictures of the San Diego Aces at the awards ceremony. Not sure how to post pics here, any help? If anyone was able to get a picture of Carl lifting up the basket at the end, I would really like to get that shot to add to our member newsletter. Only Carl with his arm could have pulled off that hilarious lift of the basket!!!!!!!!!!

csrenda79
Aug 27 2009, 02:26 PM
It appears that I am developing a reputation as a raffle bagger...I would like to see the looks on everyone's face as they were cracking up when the basket came apart.

The event was a lot of fun, I had a blast just making a positive impact on the tourney this year. Thanks to Tom Bant for hosting and Suzette for running it, and to Grog & all the other volunteers who helped out.

And thanks to the man who's hard work and love for the game made a lot of what we are doing today possible. Thank you Tim Selinske, God Bless, Rest in Peace.

grizzly09
Aug 30 2009, 02:52 AM
Haha isn't raffle bagging fun Carl?

Yes, always a fun event. Thanks to everyone who put this event together and everyone who helped. And especially thanks to Tim. Without him, much of this wouldn't be possible.