Jul 12 2009, 09:53 PM
First off, i am hoping Tim Selinske is in good health. Does anyone know how he is doing these days?
I was curious if the Masters Championship is still on the schedule for September,
Of course i understand if it isnt going to happen. I just dont see any info such as a flyer or
hyperlink for signups. Thanks anyways, Floyd

discette
Jul 13 2009, 02:45 PM
US Masters is on and the flyer is available at socaldiscgolf.org. The direct link is http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/sub-pages/Forms2009/2009USMasters.pdf

Online registration should be available soon through discgolfunited.

Jul 23 2009, 12:44 PM
"The US Masters Championship"

Where is the hype for this "M" tier event?

Seems a Championship level tourney at La Mirada could use a little more promotion.
Would be awesome to draw a field of the TOP Masters players from around the world.
It is a great course and sponsored well. I just thought there could be a bigger field of players representing more areas. Maybe i should list some names of possible candidates to make it a very competitive group. Lets start with Climo..........Be nice to see him throw with us in the "Age Protected Division". Wisecup,Oates,Tannock,Hammock,Collicut,Mela, are good competition with many others to mention.
There is only "ONE" Masters Championship event a year and i wish for it to be more huge!

Peace, Floyd

ps Thanks Discette for the sign-up link!

rhett
Aug 03 2009, 03:10 PM
U.S. Masters is the "forgotten Major." :( It's always a great tourney and a great time, but it never gets any hype Nationally and hardly any locally.

That's just a shame for such a great tourney.

So it takes all of us to encourage all of our old-fart friends to come out. Youngsters are also welcome...to come help out! Don't forget that a ton of the TDs of PDGA events are "Master or better" aged, so this is the chance for you young whipper-snappers to do a little bit of payback by spotting or whatever. :)

westcoastsooner
Sep 01 2009, 09:15 PM
Looking like a Smokey Tourney.....

joegraham
Sep 03 2009, 01:05 PM
Please consider adding Tim Selinske's name to this great event as a memorial. Thanks.

westcoastsooner
Sep 04 2009, 09:35 PM
Please consider adding Tim Selinske's name to this great event as a memorial. Thanks.

I agree..

JonnyHyzer
Sep 10 2009, 01:43 AM
Their web-site says we 'check-in' on Thursday between 10 am - 5:00 pm. Is there check in on Friday morning before the event too? Also, does anybody know if they will post your tee time anywhere before Friday?

Thanks!

discette
Sep 10 2009, 09:41 AM
Friday tee times have been posted to PDGA.

As long as all fees have been paid in full, players may check in on Friday before their round. However, first come - first served on player pack items including polo sizes and tournament disc models.

quickdisc
Sep 29 2009, 05:03 PM
I hope to be able to play next year. I took a year off because of injuries.