Joel
Jul 08 2009, 12:25 AM
We're planning to start a bag tag challenge program in our club. I've seen a few different programs and thought it would be a good idea to get some input on what people like and what they don't.

So, how about posting some notes here about what you like, what you think you'd change if you could, what you would never do again and so on. I'd like to hear from folks who run bag tag programs as well as folks who love playing them.

Thanks!

CaptainAnhyzer
Jul 09 2009, 12:52 PM
I use a great website to track the Bag Tag challenge we have. DiscGolfScene.com makes it EASY!!!!! Go the link below to look over how ours is running. Pete Crist runs the whole site and is very helpful. The system he has guides you thru a step-by-step process that works great. All tag holders that have a profile on the site can login and submit tag round scores.

DisCap_Tag_Challenge_2009 (http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/DisCap_Tag_Challenge_2009)

ChrisEads
Jul 14 2009, 01:53 PM
That sounds like an awesome tool to be able to use. Im not sure it would be helpful around my area as most of our players dont utilize these kind of websites.

I ran a bag tag challenge last year and I ended the year with a big tourney. As far as the normal everyday tags go we just played it like normal if you beat someone with a better tag you trade tags, if you tie they dont get traded. But for the end of the year challenge I decided to run it like the NCAA basketball tourney and have seeds and put people in a bracket system. It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to walk away happy. But that may have been because I made sure everyone walked away with a piece of plastic. Not so sure I will be able to do that this year but still plan on doing the bracket system because it gives everyone a different feel to the game rather than doing top scores move on. It puts more pressure on the individual because you have to beat the one person you are playing.

Just an idea.....

tengstrom
Jan 07 2010, 08:33 PM
In Albert Lea (http://www.flyinglea.org/), Minn., we just followed the explanation found on the site for the club in Salem (http://www.capitalcitydiscgolf.com/Site_3/Bag_Tag_Challenge.html), Ore.

cgkdisc
Jan 14 2010, 12:09 PM
For the MFA, no one cares to track the numbers during the year. At our Fall awards meeting, there are prizes for the person at the meeting who has the lowest bag number in each of 10 or so age and gender divisions along with some drawings and a prize for the person with the lowest number at the meeting. During the season, the bag tag coordinator may have a CTP during a round at club events where only those with a bag tag can win. Bag tags are a "for profit" fund raising operation and the club makes over $1000 annually.

SteveHardyman
Jan 16 2010, 10:21 PM
Tags are a great way to raise money for your club. We have a lot of people who join our club just for the tag that comes with it and the club makes a $10 profit per membership. You will have arguments about people who get a low tag and then hide, but if it supports the club it is still worth it.

By the way, you can order tags at disc-diva.com, she does great work for reasonable prices. ( a little shameless promotion for my wife)