bravo
Jun 29 2009, 11:10 AM
I was unable to locate any discussion about this.
I'm 42 and have been in sports most of my life,from wrestling ,track,and triathelons.
now in disc golf i have pain on the inside of my off knee(left) i throw prodominately right hand back hand. also a mix of forhand and over hand shots.
the pain i feel is sharp shallow and excruciating . while performing the x step
it hasnt stopped my playing,Should it?
if there is some expeirience out there i'd sure like to know .
i currently have no diminished mobuilty(full flex straight to less than 90degrees)
i can cause severe pain buy touching the area as if massaging it.

bravo
Jun 30 2009, 04:50 PM
just got home from the doctor.
she determined minor tear with a schedule of wearing a brace and pain meds as nessesary ice and heat alternate for swelling. no brace over night.
i'm truly suprised there aren't more disc golfers with the same knee pain.
the doctor said that this kind of injury is common with plant and twist sports.

twoputtok
Jul 01 2009, 10:32 AM
Brad, have you not seen my knee lately?:eek: I have the same problem on my right knee and I'm left handed. It only hurts when my leg is planted and I try any rotation and it sux big time because I can't push off and finish any shot with power. Thats when it feels like a knife is in it and it doesn't have to be throwing a disc. Sometimes just rotating my foot from one side to the other will do it and my leg isn't even on the ground. Like when you're hitting the brakes from the gas pedal.

Who is your doc and is she going to send you for the brace? How much for the brace? I'm using an over the counter brace right now and it helps but only a little. My right knees is almost 50% larger than my left one but doesn't have any fluid on it.

Mikegdc
Jul 01 2009, 04:51 PM
Guys, call this DR. and see if he recommends anyone in Tulsa. I have found that a lot of problems similar to what you both describe can be either foot/arch or hip torque. Braces and Medication certainly have their place, but your problems aren't due to a lack of meds or a lack of a brace, so these are not true "fixes". Good luck! Mike 'Doc' Gordon

Dr. Frank Kampschroeder
802 W. Maine St. Suite B
Enid, OK 73701
(580) 233-3738

bravo
Jul 01 2009, 10:23 PM
THE PERSON I'M SEEING IS A" NAET" PRACTISSIONER.
SHE USES ACCUPRESSURE WICH IS SIMILAR TO ACCUPUNCTURE WITHOUT NEEDLES.
IT IS A HOMIOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR REMEDY RATHER THAN DOCTOR TREATMENT OF SYMPTOM.
i currently don't have swelling causing any pain,so i am not taking any anti inflamitories.
I,m using ice under a compression brace then heat for 15 minute intervals prior to bed and keep a pillow between my knees as a buffer.when my other knee rest just right against the tendon it is excrucciating.
during the day I,m wearing a hinged brace by "mueler"part#6455.
i bought my brace over the counter at walmart