exczar
Jun 11 2009, 02:37 PM
In 1997, I took a business trip to Harrisburg, and I flew into Baltimore and rented a car and drove there. I played the old course in Baltimore, the one by the zoo, but I also played two courses in PA, and for the life of me, I can't remember which ones they were. I remember my side trips back and forth took me through Hanover, and possibly Gettysburg. One course I think was in a city park (Akron, maybe?) but the one course I do remember well I think was in a state park. I saw some deer as I was playing it in the morning. There was lots of woods as well as elevation changes, and there was one hole in particular I remember, where you threw downhill, and the hole was fairly open, I think, and you could see a body of water in the background.

Any of you PA guys got any ideas about the courses I played?

Jeff_LaG
Jun 11 2009, 02:49 PM
You almost surely played Codorus State Park outside of Hanover, PA, which is squarely between Baltimroe and Harrisburg. The course sits on a hillside overlooking Lake Marburg and is one of the most gorgeous courses in Pennsylvania. You played the original course in 1997, but there are now 54 holes + a mini-disc golf course there! :cool:

If you played Roland Park in Akron, PA then you took a hefty detour to the east. It's almost an hour east from Harrisburg. You would have remembered this course for its 18th hole which plays over a heart-shaped pond with a fountain.

CreeksideDiscn
Jun 11 2009, 10:53 PM
Back in '97 and traveling from Baltimore north, you probably play at Pinchot State Park in Lewisberry. 6 miles off of I-83.