mprestop
Jun 10 2009, 12:01 AM
Just signed up for this tournament. Greg Meitus said that its a great time and a great tournament so here we go. Anyone let me know if you'd like to share a ride to this tourney. I imagine that the best time to leave would be Friday Morning July 10.

matty$mcmillion
Jun 10 2009, 04:22 AM
hey dude good stuff at shoot the breeze.. im going to that for sure, gonna be sweet.

kUrTp
Jun 10 2009, 09:30 AM
dood, if your going maybe alanna and I will have to change our plans!

sandalbagger
Jun 10 2009, 10:17 AM
If I go, I'm playing advanced :P

tistoude
Jun 10 2009, 12:49 PM
I am planning on playing in this tournament also. I think I am going to get a practice round in on either June 21st or 22nd if anyone wanted to go.

mprestop
Jun 10 2009, 11:16 PM
Is that you tim? I plan on leaving early on Friday, so I will definitely want to play a round that day...

SCOTT
Jun 11 2009, 07:50 PM
I would tell anyone if they get a chance to go to this to do it. The course is decent. If Knob Hill is your favorite course, then this one will be your second favorite. I heard the temporary course is great though. Unfortunately it was not installed when I went. Good plan Chris. Anyone going here should definately play the lowest division possible for their rating. Especially if they want any chance at winning anything. The course is pretty easy and the locals tear it up. It's basically sandbag central, but where isn't? Check some of the prior tournaments scores and ratings to see where you have a chance. You will see people in the high 800's-911 range playing recreational, and I saw a 941 in intermediate, alot more in there over 900. This is a big event so keep that in mind also. Wish I was going but I'm sitting this one out. It's a good club and Paul Jay does a great job. Enjoy. GO PENS!

mprestop
Jun 12 2009, 01:57 AM
i'm going to stick to advanced...i think that could be a rules violation to play out of your proper division...i'm not a rules expert though

kUrTp
Jun 12 2009, 09:04 AM
Mark, If you wanted to play Intermediate you could. The rating cut off is 935 and below. But I'm not telling what to do...considering you kicked my butt in Ashtabula.

SCOTT
Jun 12 2009, 12:35 PM
The TD can make the call and let someone play in a division lower than their rating. It's possible that they wouldn't even know their rating if they sign up the morning of the event. I have seen people sign up in advance of the tournament in a lower division and the TD moved them up to where they should be. The morning of is another story though.

935+ Advanced
>935 Intermediate
>900 Recreational
>850 Novice

From what I have seen you can figure there will be one or two people about 10 rating points or so over these guidelines in the lessor divisions. Being a 904 you cold probably even get into recreational there! That is unless that perk is only for club members. I wouldn't play down if I was you though. If I was 900+ I would get no satisfaction out of beating up on rec players. I guess some folks do though. Have fun out there.

sandalbagger
Jun 12 2009, 12:57 PM
Hoover original is one of those courses that you could really kick some butt on if you could play it a few times before the tournament. I have probably played about 100 rounds there and it is a fun course to play. Gotta get your birdies though and the wind can be fierce. Local players are all pretty **** good.

My last BHMO was in 1998 playing advanced with Dave Feldberg and Avery Jenkins in the advanced division.

mprestop
Jun 17 2009, 12:25 AM
hey everyone...72 players are now registered for the tournament...hurry up and sign up! Let's represent PGH

mprestop
Jun 21 2009, 05:48 PM
The field is now full and registration is closed, in case anyone was still thinking about getting in the tournament. They do have a wait list, however.

schick
Jun 23 2009, 12:32 AM
If any of you still plan to play in the Open side, there are only about 10 spots left and they will most likely fill Tuesday morning. Jerry, Deitzel, J. Gary, KB, Speaker, and who ever else I am forgetting, get your butts moving.

www.columbusdiscgolf.com

dextamuggins
Jul 09 2009, 03:21 PM
hey, i'm heading out today for the hambrick, anyone from around here thats going, hit me up if ya want 724-290-6251. will be practicing the west course tomorrow. 12-6
thanks and good luck to all
cris

kUrTp
Jul 09 2009, 04:17 PM
Good Luck!!!

mprestop
Jul 13 2009, 03:09 PM
Aside from the inclement weather, and not being able to play the Brent Hambrick course (we played 3 rounds from west side 18 hole temp course), the tournament was a blast. There were some disc golf holes that were amazing.

More people from PFDS should go next year!

kUrTp
Jul 13 2009, 05:57 PM
Mark...Just looked at the scores...WOW!!! Nicely done! Playing with some hot fire lately!!! Keep it up and we'll have some fun this year at the Can Am Cup!

mprestop
Jul 13 2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks Kurt, I played well - still continuing to take the advice that you gave me before Shoot the Breeze: Play smart, get your pars, and the birdies will come.

I can't wait for the Can-Am cup. I am trying to get our team back together but this is proving to be difficult since no one responds!

sandalbagger
Jul 14 2009, 09:20 AM
Nice shooting. Many of us PFDS members have played the Hambrick. They run a great event for sure. It's just not worth my money playing there because I don't like the courses that much, and the locals always take my money.

And as for your can-am team. I know that Matty already has a new team, and I think that KB might be on that team as well?

mprestop
Jul 14 2009, 12:24 PM
Any idea if Sid and Dave Olcott are playing this year?

sandalbagger
Jul 15 2009, 09:34 AM
I believe Sid and Dave are not playing?