evandmckee
Jun 01 2009, 08:14 PM
WAFDA is proud to host the 5th Annual Alma Greens located at the
scenic Aquatics Park in Alma, Arkansas.

This is a challenging and unique course designed for the adventerous disc golfer
including elevation and alot of shot selection opportunity.

Please read the flyer and please pre-register as I believe that this
event will fill before the morning of.

there is no "online processing fee" for registration at primediscs.com (http://www.primediscs.com/proddetail.asp?prod=tourney%2Dalma)

http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2009-05/sb/flyer_color_curves-14004545.jpg

evandmckee
Jun 10 2009, 08:11 PM
I am extremely proud to announce that because of our great sponsorship
that we are adding:

$1,000 to the pro's

$500 to the am's

Tournament T-Shirt will be a "dry fit" style of material, you can try to guess the color :D

estimated players pack values are $25 for pro's, $40 for am's

This is WAFDA working for you, the player

evandmckee
Jun 18 2009, 03:09 PM
UPDATE

I should be at the course from 1pm till dark next Friday, June 26th

we will do bring your partner dubs:

$10 per am team (100% merch payout)
$20 per pro team (100% cash payout)
flex tee from 3:30 till 6:30

The event's ob lines and ob rules sheets will be done Friday for those wanting to practice (same ob's as last year, except hole 6 will also utilize hole 5's ob line)

We have made special arrangements so anyone wanting to camp at the course may do so at no charge

please keep in mind that Alma is in a dry county and alcohol is not legal in the park (or anywhere publicly in Alma i.e. outside of a motel roome, ect.)

The closest and most affordable motel is right by the course, $39.99 + tax, flat rate so feel free to pack em in
http://www.meadorsinn.com/

of course there are more motels available so feel free to search the internet for them

FurDog has highly recomended this place so he needs post a review :)

ALSO, for those that enjoy quality Blues and Rock and Roll....

The Fort Smith Riverfront Blues Festival is going on that Friday & Saturday, only $5 a head, in the past they've had $2 beer available also (please be responsible)

the line-up includes:

The Robert Cray Band
Jackie Greene
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
Roomful of Blues
Curtis Salgado
Eric Lindell
The Soul of John Black
Smilin� Bob & the Bushwackers

more info on the Blues Fest may be found at http://www.riverfrontbluesfest.org/

Sponsors so far include:

WAFDA
Trophies Unlimited
A to Z (huge complex of different stores in Alma, also sell Innova)
Midwest Sporting Goods (Ft. Smith Innova and Discraft Dealer)
Allen's Canning
Innova
Twisted Flyer
Earthworks Landscaping
Big Smith Roofing
Northwest Arkansas Disc Golf Assoc.
Discs Unlimited
Disc Golf Monkey
Precision Graphix
Prime Discs

Raffle/CTP/Ring of Fire Sponsors is what I'm still needing now, if anyone has anything that they are willing to donate please let me know - I will print these merch sponsors on the back of the even'ts "dry fit" t-shirt - art is going to the printers this next Monday, June 22 if you'd like to be on the best shirt we've ever done

included in entry for the $2 EDGE donation:

everyone will get a raffle ticket for various packages leading up to an Innova Sport

everyone will get a throw in a throw-off for an Innova Traveler

additional raffle tickets/throws will be for sale to put more money in the hands of EDGE

Raffle/CTP/Ring of Fire Sponsors so far:

Myself
Dave Wise
Michael Treat
Innova
WAFDA
KelDog
FurDog
Twisted Flyer
Discs Unlimited

Huk Lab got on board also with enough stickers to add to the players packs, every little bit helps :)

let's make this raffle HUGE :)

evandmckee
Jun 22 2009, 11:46 AM
Online reg thru prime discs has closed

"Honor System" pre-registration is now available thru e-mail or phone (on flyer)

If you are sure that you're coming and want a spot guaranteed to you please let me know, Name, PDGA#, Division, contact phone #, ect.

current registration may be viewed at http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9320#Open

kyle
Jun 22 2009, 12:55 PM
Evan, you have an email.

evandmckee
Jun 22 2009, 02:15 PM
Evan, you have an email.

I'm getting alot of emails, your's has been replied to.....Thanks!!

AlmaWillie
Jun 26 2009, 10:07 AM
I just wanted to take a chance to wish everyone good luck for the tourney!
I also wanted to invite everyone to go by AtoZ Sporting Goods, the biggest sponsor of the tourney and our local disc dealer, between rounds or today if you are in town. Be sure and tell them you are a disc golfer, as we are trying to show them how strong our sport is becoming!
There is also a nice little restaurant across the road in the other part of AtoZ, so you could make lunch there too.
All of this is located about 3 or 4 miles North of Alma on highway 71.

Again good luck to all. Be sure and drink plenty of WATER as it is going to be brutally hot!

Stacey
Jun 28 2009, 10:57 AM
Great tournament! Thanks Evan and all the volunteers. Thank you Shawna and Willie for watching my girls. I got my a-- kicked but I still had a great time.

evandmckee
Jun 28 2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9320&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open

AlmaWillie
Jun 29 2009, 08:40 AM
Great Job Evan. When you can put on a tourney in the summer, in 101 heat, on a course like Alma and have people still smiling at the end (and noone writing bad things about it the next day on the board) :) You know you did it right!! I just wish I could have stayed to watch it all, or better yet play it all!

Stacey, the kids were great and no trouble, we are just glad you got to play! And did you notice that this year's scores were exactly the same as last time you played Alma Greens? Your rounds will still help your rating so you can't be too down!

Everyone come out July 3rd and play a round before the Fireworks display. Alma always does a great job, and it is nice to have a big gallery for the front nine. And don't forget the Water Park will be open late, so you can go relax after the round! Hope to see some folks out there. I'll be there!

twoputtok
Jun 29 2009, 12:18 PM
I'd like to thank all of the volunteers and sponsors that made this event possible.

I had a great time and loved every minute of it, with the exception of walking from hole 6 to hole 8 twice.:rolleyes: , not having it madatory to jump in the lake on hole 12 and having full body cramps with 6 holes to go. Felt like I was in a knife fight with an invisible attacker.:D
Had to stop 3 times on the way home to work out some cramps.:mad:

Other than that it was a GREAT event and never heard a complaint from anyone, except for the heat.

Thanks to all!

Jun 29 2009, 01:19 PM
Course looked great and the heat was working i didnt shiver even once.Had a great time but can anyone explain how i can shoot 2 over through 2 rounds on hole 3 and 1 down through 2 rounds on hole 4.for those who dont know hole 3 is maybe 280 ft or so wide open with ob cliff on right.hole 4 is 556ft through a gap 60ft short of the pin with ob cliff lining the right side and trees lining the left.i believe i was the only round 2 birdie of 4 with the wind stronger than the first round.Devan birdied 4 the first round but i think we were the only 2 birdies on that hole.something about taking a 5 on hole 3 had me pumped to get part of it back on the next hole.Thanks arkies for making us okies feel welcome we will take care of all the winnings that we hauled back across the border :)

Hindsight
Jun 29 2009, 02:09 PM
I offered to drive you home, you looked like you had been through a war when I spotted you after the round. I just wish i had a pic of your face when telling me about those cramps, Priceless.

I found myself on hole 7 and 8 (my last two) at the end of the 2nd rnd not knowing what my discs would do. Just trying to sort through my discs was tough. I have never been so mentally fatigued as I was at 4pm sunday. On second thought, it was probably good you didn't let me drive you home Wise.

twoputtok
Jun 29 2009, 03:14 PM
Yes, you did offer and very nice of you by the way but I thought, it'll be fine its only two hours home. UGH...............

Thanks for the offer but I think everyone was doing everthing they could just to hang on. I'm sure there were some others looking or at least feeling like I looked.

evandmckee
Jun 30 2009, 06:39 PM
hey all, wanted to seriously thank all who came out and supported this year

110 degree heat index, anyone just to be there and finish is an athlete in my book, anyone who thinks this is a hippy sport can kiss my ***

I pull this event for the tourney players, imo, the course is unique and not very suitable for beginning and casual players, I thought that I was gonna be amazed by WAFDA's ability in having all the added cash and merch, over the top players packs and handing $500 to 1st in Open, not to mention having the course in good shape.

well I was wrong, the players generosity is what left me saying WOW!!

We raised over $800 for the EDGE program, kids learning the sport early....that's the Future of the sport (and it's awesome seeing someone make more than the PDGA off of an event like this)

it would not of happened without the quality of the items in the raffle and the players recognizing and buying in

many thanks to all who contributed so strong to the raffle items, KelDog, WAFDA, Twisted Flyer, The Treats, The Baileys, FurDog, Duff, Sam Dodd, Discs Unlimited, Dave Wise.... I hope I didn't forget anyone

and then..... thanks to the PLAYERS who gave there money for such a noble cause

thanks to Daryl Johnson, such a class act, he wins the 1991-2004 set of National (moving into World) Doubles stamped discs and turns around and gives it to me (you'll get a chance at it with the Hell on the Border EDGE Raffle)

many people donated to the CTPs (18 packages) and I thank them also

the course getting whipped into shape took alot of volunteers also, Roger Knight, Shea Hammond, Willie Williams, Wade Parker anyone else I'm not thinking about- ya'll rock

then the awesome tourney staff that helped me so much, I couldn't of done it without them, Dave Hudson, Kelly Ganzel, Chris Eads, Shawn LeMastus even stopped by during lunch with more ctp items and checked and sorted scores then helped make cards out - and Willie Williams and Roger Knight on water and tent set-up - Thank You!!

then the sponsors, to payout: over $1000 cash added and over $500 merch added

WAFDA, A to Z Sporting Goods, Earthworks Landscaping, Big Smith Roofing, Northwest Ark. Disc Golf Assoc., MidWest Sporting Goods, Disc Golf Monkey, Allens Canning, Trophies Unlimited, Precision Graphix and Innova - wouldn't of been as sweet without them!!

Next WAFDA event: 14th Hell on the Border, Aug 22 & 23 - Ben Geren Park, Fort Smith, Arkansas (I wonder how them "dry-fits" are gonna look in red?)

Often times going into and even during an event I wonder why in the heck I'm doing it, now I remember.....Thanks Everyone :)

CoolDaddySlickB
Jul 05 2009, 03:46 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42lO-vGexKo&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42lO-vGexKo&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rod07Ger
Jul 06 2009, 03:18 PM
WOW !!!!! :) :cool:

Words can't really describe that but, from an Arkansas point of view that is the Coolest Disc Golf video I have ever seen !!!!

CoolDaddy and Alma Greens ROCK !!!!!!! :) :cool: :D