youngster
May 13 2009, 07:53 PM
okay so alot of people probably want to know which disc they could rely on more for any given position. personally it's between the innova Teebird or the Discraft surge

the_kid
May 13 2009, 10:54 PM
okay so alot of people probably want to know which disc they could rely on more for any given position. personally it's between the innova Teebird or the Discraft surge

Comet and Cyclone for sure. Purest lines in golf

smarkquart
May 13 2009, 11:17 PM
Driver (Control D) = Star Wraith
Driver (Control) = Striker
Midrange (Long) = Star Cro
Midrange (Short or Anhyzer) = ESP Meteor
Midrange (Hyzer or Approach) = FLX Drone

Narrow it down to two I would say Wraith and Cro
I got nothing for putters because I cannot putt to save my life. I have experimented with everything from Rhynos, Challengers, Aviars to Buzzzs and Meteors. Nothing works consistently

drdisc
May 14 2009, 12:41 AM
Puppy, best putter ever made!

gdstour
May 14 2009, 02:15 AM
Sabre ( most under-rated disc on the market)

JerryChesterson
May 19 2009, 05:01 PM
Leopard .. those babies fly so straight with almost no effort.

May 19 2009, 05:44 PM
Id have to say for me one of my flat top Rocs or a nice pro Leopard

AviarX
May 19 2009, 11:01 PM
Millenium QMS or Sirius Aurora MS.

that or the Aviar

still need to test the Dart...

gippy
May 20 2009, 01:41 PM
Roc and Eagle just very predictable

JHBlader86
May 20 2009, 03:26 PM
Sabre, T-Bone, Assassin, TeeBird, TL, Leopard, Striker

nyemm01
May 20 2009, 03:47 PM
TL is great disc

TROTTER
May 20 2009, 05:21 PM
I am going to say it would be a STAR and/or R-PRO GAZELLE if Innova would get around to making it...

Big E
May 20 2009, 06:52 PM
KC Pro Cheetah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or the ESP XL

mikeP
May 20 2009, 10:44 PM
Polaris LS.

anarak82
May 21 2009, 07:05 PM
Predator and Hawk.

suprised no one has mentioned an overstable driver when you're talking about accuracy. I know where my pred is going every time..... LEFT!

FunkyBobbyJ
May 22 2009, 02:50 PM
It's not the arrow, it's the indian...

bruce_brakel
May 22 2009, 03:00 PM
Comet and Cyclone for sure. Purest lines in golfMy wife throws a Cyclone for an upshot disc. Very reliable. Very underrated disc.

xterramatt
May 22 2009, 03:22 PM
Aviar.
Coyote.
Leopard.

FizzyP
May 23 2009, 11:34 PM
Of course "accurate" is a function of the thrower. But "predictable" can be a property of a disc. I vote for the Teebird. It behaves remarkably similarly in SO many situations. They're fantastic in a headwind when new. When they get more beat they become incredibly straight. Unless they're really beat, they have no turn at all. They will hold a line (with a tiny fade) all the way to the ground. I've never thrown a disc that is less speed sensitive. The Teebird barely even notices a +-10 mph wind change. It is the most predictable disc I've ever seen. If you throw a flat shot you will always get the same behavior: straight followed by a slow gentle fade. Whether you throw it 250' the fade starts immediately. If you throw it 400' it goes straight for a long time first. Either way, it's the exact same flight. Are there other molds that are this speed insensitive? I want to know about them.

andyn
Jun 06 2009, 04:54 AM
Nothing flies a perfect mid-range line like a well-thrown Comet.
If they would make some more KC Pro Gazelles or Star Gazelles, that'd be great.
the Sirius OLF and OLS are wonderful drivers that like to stay in fairways, too.
I miss the SE edition of the Teebirds.

brock
Jun 06 2009, 08:49 AM
XD.

atreau3
Jun 06 2009, 09:56 AM
Original mold predator
Buzzz SS
Aviar/wizard

exczar
Jun 07 2009, 11:02 PM
CE Aero

dgdave
Jun 08 2009, 11:23 AM
I'd go teebird and comet.

Lyle O Ross
Jun 08 2009, 02:20 PM
The most accurate disc is what ever one Ken Climo has in his hand on his current shot. All discs are accurate and fly on the path that they are capable of, only players are flawed...

A better question is what disc allows what player to throw a shot where the disc flies straight over a distance of at least 250 feet, but not less than 350 feet before the natural tendency of the disc cause it to fade - assuming of course that your desire is to throw a straight shot down the pipe.

dinoroger
Jun 08 2009, 02:59 PM
Millenium QMS TyeDye. If it's not purdy it doesnt fly as good. :)

vadiscgolf
Jun 08 2009, 11:25 PM
Wraith, Teebird, Roc, Aviar.

hook1
Jul 04 2009, 08:43 PM
i don't care what anybody says the flick is the most accurate sidearm disc ever made.

Smokey102977
Jul 22 2009, 04:20 PM
No question...Gateway Saber!!! It goes straight and finishes straight...the best control driver ever produced.

veganray
Jul 22 2009, 04:24 PM
If you don't answer whatever your putter is, whatever you answer should be your putter.

NOHalfFastPull
Jul 22 2009, 04:47 PM
If you don't answer whatever your putter is, whatever you answer should be your putter.

You are so clever, Mr. VrP.
Take a good look at the avitar.
It is going away and it is all VrP's fault!

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/i56hck4EbomM69gZzkqleh6KUHm2f7DDLT44AqYe7iVdxhTo4c y2ImsbQoWtPUUkOfBUVorl6Q8diECAPTh5gPRZmZM90saU/Vibramputter003.jpg?width=139&height=103

s timm

veganray
Jul 22 2009, 04:57 PM
Vibram Rubber Putter = Vegan Ray Parrish. I had never even thought of that until I read your post. SWEET! We'll just call it a 0x for short (for now . . .)

Don't worry; I'll give the baby a good home (in the bottom of the bucket).

LastBoyScout
Aug 25 2009, 06:34 PM

Heck Yes It Is! Just picked up some of these bad boys from Chris at Solstice Disc Sports this past weekend.

I had never thrown them before and some experienced players (read 3 digit PDGA numbers) were playing catch with them and I joined in. Nothing like a dead nuts straight 250 shot to make you wanna fill your bag with them.

Nice thing is that these super puppies are soft yet still firm unlike some of the other i have seen that are rock hard or really floppy.

DiscGolfTravelerRon
Sep 03 2009, 10:44 PM
For me...

Mid - BUZZZ (pro-d...just a preference)

Driver - Discraft XL (flies soooo straight)

AviarX
Sep 05 2009, 12:09 AM
Nothing flies a perfect mid-range line like a well-thrown Comet.

I thought that too till I tried the Millenium Aurora MS (QMS in Champion plastic).
they pushed Comets out of my bag years ago, and I haven't looked back since.

I had a friend who raved about the Z-Buzzz having no Innova rival so I played catch with him using my clear more stable QMS. He thought it must be a post-Buzzz mold (hah), so I let him know it came out many years before the Buzzz.

I especially like the opaque old QMS which replaced my Z Comet. The Aurora MS replaced my Elite X Comet. The Sirius MS (Star plastic) is really sweet too. Comets were the last non-Innova disc I dropped out of the bag. Strange how unappreciated the MS is! (MS = midrange straight)

PBeagle
Sep 16 2009, 12:44 PM
I must say that so far to this point my Rocs have been the most accurate when it comes to the 250' mark (no matter the mold) as well as the champion t-bird. I had a Star t-bird that once it hit a tree it was completely useless in the air, it has made me learn how to throw a roller though...

John Keith
Sep 24 2009, 11:58 PM
TEEBIRD hands down, no comparison, there might be better disc to some people, personal opinions, but there is not a more accurate disc on the market....

MTChristian
Sep 25 2009, 04:32 PM
i'm with vegan ray, how could anything but a putter even be suggested? for me, the aviar wins hands down. most accurate driver is a different question, and the answer to that question is the teebird.

mr smOOOth
Sep 25 2009, 06:44 PM
Z BUZZZ, 177g, flat topped, goodness.

bruce_brakel
Sep 26 2009, 11:17 AM
I was once at the course selling discs and this new player asked what he needed to throw straight. I asked him what he had, and it was this weird mid-range with stairs on the flight plate. It was PDGA approved. I asked him if I could throw it at the first basket to see how it flew. I threw it flat and level and it took a beeline to the basket and finished with very little fade.

I said, "Well, you don't need a new disc; that's for sure."

I thought about stocking those. Then I thought, "Our players are so stodgily conservative in what they will throw, I'll just have to wait until Innova or Discraft copies it and makes it popular."

FizzyP
Sep 30 2009, 10:53 AM
TEEBIRD hands down, no comparison, there might be better disc to some people, personal opinions, but there is not a more accurate disc on the market....

As far as drivers go, this couldn't be truer. I've never seen a disc that behaves so consistently and is so indifferent to wind. Any time I walk up to the tee, the second question I ask after "can I do this with my putter" is "can I do this with a Tee-bird." If the answer is yes, I usually find it to be the best option.

FizzyP
Oct 04 2009, 02:26 PM
I was once at the course selling discs and this new player asked what he needed to throw straight. I asked him what he had, and it was this weird mid-range with stairs on the flight plate. It was PDGA approved. I asked him if I could throw it at the first basket to see how it flew. I threw it flat and level and it took a beeline to the basket and finished with very little fade.

I said, "Well, you don't need a new disc; that's for sure."

I thought about stocking those. Then I thought, "Our players are so stodgily conservative in what they will throw, I'll just have to wait until Innova or Discraft copies it and makes it popular."

Do you know what the disc was? Does anyone else have an idea what it might be?

John Keith
Oct 18 2009, 11:46 PM
As far as drivers go, this couldn't be truer. I've never seen a disc that behaves so consistently and is so indifferent to wind. Any time I walk up to the tee, the second question I ask after "can I do this with my putter" is "can I do this with a Tee-bird." If the answer is yes, I usually find it to be the best option.

amen brother, AMEN

John Keith
Oct 18 2009, 11:49 PM
I had a friend who raved about the Z-Buzzz having no Innova rival so I played catch with him using my clear more stable QMS. He thought it must be a post-Buzzz mold (hah), so I let him know it came out many years before the Buzzz.

I especially like the opaque old QMS which replaced my Z Comet. The Aurora MS replaced my Elite X Comet. The Sirius MS (Star plastic) is really sweet too. Comets were the last non-Innova disc I dropped out of the bag. Strange how unappreciated the MS is! (MS = midrange straight)[/QUOTE]

yeah a buddy matt who taught me the game swares by these, hes been tryin to get one in my bag for years.

John Keith
Oct 18 2009, 11:52 PM
most consistant off TEE: aviar X (up to 300ft)
then mid: KC Roc / crystal Buzz (250--350ft)
then Driver: STar Teebird (330ft+)
all very consistant strait very dependable, I use these more for all shots than anything else/

JerryChesterson
Oct 21 2009, 02:31 PM

Buzz outflies the QMS by 33% in my experience.

grizzly09
Oct 21 2009, 02:47 PM
TeeBird.
Comet.
P&A Aviar.

grizzly09
Oct 21 2009, 02:49 PM
Do you know what the disc was? Does anyone else have an idea what it might be?

If it had a Bronze color, then it was an Aerobie SharpShooter. Just about the silliest disc ever made. Get a Buzz or Valkyrie instead.

Karl
Oct 21 2009, 03:16 PM
Fabrizio,

From that description, A.J. appears to be correct (it probably was a Sharpshooter) as to the disc, but NOT correct regarding his statement of "silliest disc ever made".

Two days ago I happened to tie my all shots bh PR on my NJ home course using only 3 Sharpshooters (1 each of the 3 kinds) and an Arrow. This tied my "full bag" all shots bh score and is only 4 off my "any shot goes" PR. Read: Indian - not arrows.

It AMAZING how some people just HATE certain things (when they haven't given them the time of day...).

Karl

Ps: I've been throwing Discraft FLX for my bh's for the last year, decided to "give the Sharpshooters a try", went into a field (once) for some "test drives", went to the course and viola!
Pps: My only misgivings about the Sharpshooters are that the #1 (the fastest) is a solid 40ft shorter than a Boss (for me) so you'll never get "max distance" out of a Sharpshooter.

junky
Oct 22 2009, 08:55 AM
Blowfly

Jeff_LaG
Oct 23 2009, 09:32 AM
Classic Roc. End of thread. :D

AviarX
Oct 24 2009, 09:59 PM
Buzz outflies the QMS by 33% in my experience.

33%? :rolleyes:
maybe you throw with a lot of off-axis torque then? i'll take a QMS or Sirius MS anyday over a Buzzz for accurracy and for distance too! :cool:

John Keith
Oct 26 2009, 11:19 PM
i just turned on 2 more golfers to throwing Teebirds, my buddy started throwin the Star Teebird. his second week to throw it, he wins his 1st advanced tourny. he threw the teebird about 80% of the time. he said as he won, "im now a believer in the Teebird".........
go throw you a teebird, i dare you.

LastBoyScout
Oct 28 2009, 10:55 AM

You know, that is very true.

While i use a supper puppy for approach shots, on drives i look and see if the following work: KC Pro Aviar, Roc, Teebird, Boss.

it may just be me, but my Bosses fly just like a longer Teebird.

rizbee
Nov 03 2009, 08:18 PM

Yes, drdisc is a genius!! And I don't think he's talking about the Super Puppy - it's not the same disc.

Most of the answers here, however, seem to be to a different question than the one (sorta) asked. The question posed on the title of the thread is "most accurate disc," which I think is probably unanswerable, since any disk that you can perfectly learn the flight characteristic of can be accurate. I think most posts here are answering the question "which disc flies straightest?" Straight is not necessarily equal to accurate.

FizzyP
Nov 05 2009, 01:41 PM
I agree that "most accurate" is an impossible question to answer. The thrower is accurate, not the disc. However, a disc can be "consistent" in a lot of ways: insensitivity to throwing speed, wind, nose angle, off axis torque, etc. This doesn't necessarily coincide with "straight". This is what I based my answer on when I suggested the teebird. Some of the other answers I saw didn't seem to be addressing the same question I was. For instance, "comet" and "buzzz" don't satisfy this at all! Comet is NOT insensitive to throwing speed, wind, or off axis torque. Of course, once you master this disc, it's accuracy potential remarkable. You can get it to parachute straight at the basket and land at very low speed. This is an extremely predictable way to run at the basket. Likewise, the Buzzz is not insensitive to wind or nose angle. Again, if you master it, it can be really accurate.

When I read "most accurate disc" I didn't think it made much sense. So, basically, I answered the following question instead: if you were going to play a round and you had no idea what course you were playing and what the wind conditions would be like and you were only allowed to bring one driver, what would it be?

jgillia
Nov 05 2009, 02:48 PM
I agree that "most accurate" is an impossible question to answer. The thrower is accurate, not the disc. However, a disc can be "consistent" in a lot of ways: insensitivity to throwing speed, wind, nose angle, off axis torque, etc. This doesn't necessarily coincide with "straight". This is what I based my answer on when I suggested the teebird. Some of the other answers I saw didn't seem to be addressing the same question I was. For instance, "comet" and "buzzz" don't satisfy this at all! Comet is NOT insensitive to throwing speed, wind, or off axis torque. Of course, once you master this disc, it's accuracy potential remarkable. You can get it to parachute straight at the basket and land at very low speed. This is an extremely predictable way to run at the basket. Likewise, the Buzzz is not insensitive to wind or nose angle. Again, if you master it, it can be really accurate.

When I read "most accurate disc" I didn't think it made much sense. So, basically, I answered the following question instead: if you were going to play a round and you had no idea what course you were playing and what the wind conditions would be like and you were only allowed to bring one driver, what would it be?

^^^ Very tue

As a general answer as far as a disc is concerned my vote is for the Discraft Z Stalker

gippy
Nov 05 2009, 08:18 PM

It would have to be a Roc or one of my Eagles. Like others say its not the arrow. I know how my eagle will fly weather it be tail,head,cross,wind or dead calm I KNOW how both the disc will fly.

DiscGolfTravelerRon
Nov 10 2009, 11:30 PM
My Surge SS flies ridiculously straight. It will keep ANY line you give it. I use it for tight, long fairways as well as long anhyzer shots.

gotcha
Nov 11 2009, 08:01 AM
okay so alot of people probably want to know which disc they could rely on more for any given position.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/champion-coyote-large.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=champion-coyote-large.jpg)

John Keith
Nov 12 2009, 02:41 AM
i agree with some who say this disc will be what you know best. True, most accurate will be a disc that you know inside and out, one you can trust. The more you know a disc, the more accurate you will be, the better your scores will be...!!!
I would agree that most accurate disc across the board will be a slower flying speed disc (more control w less speed), stable (not to overstable disc for straightest flight), So for me answer is and will always be Star Teebird. I can play entire round, just about any course and Shoot lights out with this 1 disc. I have improved my game more with this 1 disc. I have broken course records on multiple courses with this one disc. It is the best all around most accurate disc. The teebird is in more top pros bag than just about any other disc. I know there are others as well (pred's, buzzz's,eagles,rocs) but there are Tons of pros throwin Teebirds.

JerryChesterson
Nov 12 2009, 04:47 PM
I thought this was settled ... and the winner is .... THE LEOPARD!

AlmaWillie
Nov 12 2009, 04:53 PM
Straightest, so thus most accurate (to me), ZEPHYR!! Of course I love Super Class! :)

FizzyP
Nov 12 2009, 06:02 PM
i agree with some who say this disc will be what you know best. True, most accurate will be a disc that you know inside and out, one you can trust. The more you know a disc, the more accurate you will be, the better your scores will be...!!!
I would agree that most accurate disc across the board will be a slower flying speed disc (more control w less speed), stable (not to overstable disc for straightest flight), So for me answer is and will always be Star Teebird. I can play entire round, just about any course and Shoot lights out with this 1 disc. I have improved my game more with this 1 disc. I have broken course records on multiple courses with this one disc. It is the best all around most accurate disc. The teebird is in more top pros bag than just about any other disc. I know there are others as well (pred's, buzzz's,eagles,rocs) but there are Tons of pros throwin Teebirds.

Amen. Star TB is money.