flynvegas
May 04 2009, 01:59 PM
I see they installed the baskets and signs. When will the park open for play?

blazinpat
May 05 2009, 03:01 PM
I would love to play this course before I move. It it open for play now?

Martin_Bohn
May 05 2009, 03:52 PM
a new course in vegas? be there in three weeks, would love to play something new.

flynvegas
May 06 2009, 01:16 PM
There's still a construction fence around the park with a sign Park Closed. It looks short with narrow open fairways.

richievegas
May 15 2009, 06:11 PM
If you guys hadn't noticed, I put a very recent clip of Red Ridge under my "Club Video" post.

CHEERS

opereida
May 21 2009, 10:24 PM
My brother is flying to Las Vegas from San Antonio tomorrow and wanted to play some disc golf while he is there. He would like to play on Sunday or Monday (5-25, 26). If anyone wants to show him around the course PM me and I will send you his phone number.

flynvegas
May 22 2009, 10:43 AM
The construction fence was taken down yesterday, park is open for play.

CRUISER
May 22 2009, 11:59 AM
Sweet!!! It might be a good day for an early out...:D

richievegas
May 22 2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info!

richievegas
May 22 2009, 09:46 PM
Wow that was fun. Great use of land. I love the little paths when you cross over the landscape to the next tee. The nice tee signs and narrow fairways give it a real golf feel. Didn't see another hucker until I played my 17th hole.

richievegas
May 26 2009, 11:32 AM
http://members.cox.net/aircrash/teesign.jpg

ValleyWizards
May 27 2009, 12:24 AM
Played it today and took pics of all the signs and holes. I'll post them in the next day or so. Nice 9 hole...

richievegas
May 27 2009, 01:27 AM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYGE4CUA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

flynvegas
May 27 2009, 12:39 PM
There's a ribbon cutting ceremony today to officially open the park.

flynvegas
May 27 2009, 02:24 PM
Who enters the new courses into the PDGA directory? Anthem should be included.

CRUISER
May 27 2009, 02:33 PM
Is Anthem still there?

flynvegas
May 27 2009, 03:32 PM
Last time I played there was at Xmas, it's near my parents house. They moved all of the baskets out of the grass an onto the side hills in the desert landscape. Made it a little tougher. They replaced the basket that was stolen. Also, they raised the cage up, they are not down low for kids anymore.

richievegas
May 27 2009, 06:03 PM
Who enters the new courses into the PDGA directory? Anthem should be included.

There is a link to add a new course in the course directory pages. It is easy to find at the top of one of those documents. I will leave that to someone with better knowledge of this course. I don't know about Anthem but Red Ridge is certainly worthy of a proper listing.

ValleyWizards
May 27 2009, 08:59 PM
There is a link to add a new course in the course directory pages. It is easy to find at the top of one of those documents. I will leave that to someone with better knowledge of this course. I don't know about Anthem but Red Ridge is certainly worthy of a proper listing.

I will get all the info together and get it posted.

flynvegas
May 28 2009, 10:15 AM
Thx John. I drove out to Anthem and it's still there.

ValleyWizards
May 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Thx John. I drove out to Anthem and it's still there.

I'll try and get out there this weekend and take some photos of Anthem so I can post it too.

richievegas
May 28 2009, 06:45 PM
Did they change the yardage much when they moved the baskets? I recall the holes being about 100-150' long. Do they use the old tees?

flynvegas
May 29 2009, 10:29 AM
The tee pads are still used at Anthem. They moved the baskets further and average of 50 ft to 100 ft. Tricky when the wind blows out of the north.

richievegas
May 29 2009, 12:25 PM
Sounds interesting Fly. I will have to check it out. I always thought it would be fun to set a tee spot at the other end of the tunnel, throwing down into the basin.

Is Red Ridge well lit at night? Haven't seen it after dark.

flynvegas
Jun 01 2009, 01:07 PM
My son and I played this weekend and what a tough course. I found a lot of OB. I really need to shake the rust off my game.

Does anyone know who designed the course?

flynvegas
Jun 03 2009, 11:50 AM
I added the course to the PDGA Course Directory. Feel free to modify the course description and contact person.

Need distances to add Anthem.

richievegas
Jun 03 2009, 05:36 PM
Nice job!

I promised John I would do some video at Anthem even though it is so small. With that in mind I will bring the "dog walker" and measure Anthem from tee to pin while I do so and send that data to you Rob. I will eventually get around to the other courses and post similar videos here and and WWW.LVBAGTAG.COM.

richievegas
Jun 04 2009, 12:52 AM
My son and I played this weekend and what a tough course. I found a lot of OB. I really need to shake the rust off my game.

Three of our club founders submitted designs for Red Ridge several years ago and while those plans may have been modified The Las Vegas Disc Club will take credit for the design. I updated the PDGA entry with a note under course description.

PROST~

ValleyWizards
Jun 04 2009, 01:10 AM
Three of our club founders submitted designs for Red Ridge several years ago and while those plans may have been modified The Las Vegas Disc Club will take credit for the design. I updated the PDGA entry with a note under course description.

PROST~

THANKS Guys (been a really busy week).

sclabuji
Jun 05 2009, 07:54 AM

On the sign at the restrooms it says it was designed by John Houck (Mastermind of Millenium Discs).

We need to get an event out there soon. My brother and I have played a few rounds out there and there are a lot of people that are out there that are interested in knowing more about it. In one night we gave out the address for the club website no less than 20 times.

The fact that the course is set up to look kind of like a ball golf course and the fact that there is nothing else running through it (like walking paths and picnic areas) makes it very noticeable and intruiging to the general public.

Bring your old plastic and go out and walk a newbie through a round out there. You will definitely get some people interested.

flynvegas
Jun 05 2009, 11:25 AM
Jim,
Do you get the summer off now that your teaching at the high school?

I noticed the tee signs were all Houck signs.

richievegas
Jun 05 2009, 04:36 PM
Houck Design only did the Tee Signs and "clubhouse" sign. LVDGC did the design as aforementioned and I guess the Parks Dept. added their touches.

sclabuji
Jun 08 2009, 08:25 PM
Jim,
Do you get the summer off now that your teaching at the high school?

I noticed the tee signs were all Houck signs.

Yep. Just signed out today. I still have a lot of work to prepare for next year so I will be in and out of school all summer.

I do intend to take a few days off and see how little I can accomplish.

flynvegas
Jun 23 2009, 11:55 AM
What's best score so far?

richievegas
Jul 05 2009, 01:42 PM
On the sign at the restrooms it says it was designed by John Houck (Mastermind of Millenium Discs).

Houck design only did the signs, no course design at all despite the note on the signage.

richievegas
Aug 03 2009, 10:48 PM
Baskethead asked me to spread the word about doubles at Red Ridge on Tuesday at 5:30 PM. I won't be able to make it and I know nothing about the round, just passing it on...