discglfr
Apr 21 2009, 02:48 PM
Check out this article about 2/3rds of the way down.

Wow - could this be a big break for disc golf? Could this be the single largest piece of (positive) exposure our sport scene to date?

A little birdie told me that both the Wii and Tiger Woods are apparently well known? ;)

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2...ctionality.aspx (http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/13/tiger-woods-pga-tour-10-wii-motion-plus-functionality.aspx)

Karma Police
Apr 21 2009, 04:34 PM
Tiger Woods 10 Disc Golf Demo for Wii (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24451)

ANHYZER
Apr 21 2009, 04:40 PM
That looks pretty close to real play...Hopefully there will be overhand shots.

exczar
Apr 21 2009, 06:22 PM
I hope rollers will work.

LStephens
Apr 21 2009, 07:19 PM
I believe the game MODE will be pretty limited at first....However..this is a huge break for disc golf. If we put our money where our desires are...EA Sports will get the hint and spin this game off on its own. So..I will start.

Nintendo...I'm going out tonight and purchasing a Wii because I've been waiting on a game to come out that takes advantage of Wii MotionPlus...now there is a game and it happens to be one I'm passionate about.

EA Sports...I'm preordering Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Wii because you incorporated a Disc Golf Mode...and I happen to like the previous version of Tiger Woods.

I'm a Disc Golfer..and I want a dedicated game with design modes for characters and courses. I want to be able to download equipment updates when new discs come out. I want realistic flight patterns, I want true physics, I want real courses...and I realize that isn't going to be in this installment...but I'm purchasing this game and I'm expressing the fact I will purchase future Disc Golf games.

Here is my $$$$

okcacehole
Apr 21 2009, 07:21 PM
has to be better than the current 3 or 4 "disc golf" games on the Wii, but I do love the fact on the island game you can throw a thumber, forehand and backhand

EA should get it right

DeafDGolfer
Apr 22 2009, 02:11 AM
Awesome!

Hope they will add more selective discs like overstable and understable drivers in its final product before the release date.

Can't wait!

tokyo
Apr 22 2009, 12:20 PM
that looks awesome!!!!

xterramatt
Apr 22 2009, 02:05 PM
It's in the GAME!!!!

Disc Golf, that is. In Tiger Woods!

rhett
Apr 22 2009, 02:28 PM
Put it out on Xbox360 and I'll buy it. I'm not buying a Wii for this.

unclemercy
Apr 22 2009, 02:48 PM
thank you, rhett... we had all been wondering what you were going to do in response to this.

xterramatt
Apr 22 2009, 03:03 PM
Hmm... now I need to go to Media Day at the (previously Wachovia Championship) and have Tiger sign my DISC.

Merkaba311
Apr 22 2009, 03:22 PM
I haven't bought a gaming console since...well basically since I started playing Team Fortress Classic 10 years ago. PC gaming has always been superior to console gaming but now...now I'm going to have to get a Wii. There is no way you could "play disc golf" like that with any other control scheme.

Sure you can hook up a Wii controller to a PC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M) but EA isn't exactly great when it comes to porting EA Sports games to PC...

I can't wait to give this game a try.

ChrisWoj
Apr 22 2009, 03:23 PM

Good for you. I am.

LStephens
Apr 22 2009, 04:53 PM
Last night after posting...I went and purchased a Wii, extra controllers, and pre-ordered Tiger Woods 10 with the true motion pack...which was only $50...since most new games are $49.99...I found this combo deal to be rather affordable.

T Wrecks
Apr 22 2009, 05:39 PM
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14322329/...wii_042109.html (http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14322329/tiger-woods-pga-tour-10/videos/tigerdiscgolf_trl_wii_042109.html)

two5twosix9
Apr 22 2009, 07:35 PM
I am buying a wii, I am preordering this game. Soon I will be calling ahead to get a tee time to play disc golf. Bring on the future!

widiscgolf
Apr 22 2009, 10:51 PM
Cool setup and looks like they have all the motions for throwing...!!

kwibby1
Apr 23 2009, 03:00 AM
Now the PDGA SHOULD place a card with the game with website and course directory addresses so all thousands can look it up and say "HEY theres a course a few miles away i never knew about...LETS CHECK IT OUT and play for real!"

Rickg
Apr 23 2009, 09:37 AM
Now the PDGA SHOULD place a card with the game with website and course directory addresses so all thousands can look it up and say "HEY theres a course a few miles away i never knew about...LETS CHECK IT OUT and play for real!"

Excellent idea--ARE YOU LISTENING PDGA?!!!!

rizbee
Apr 23 2009, 01:44 PM

You can come over and play it on mine! :D

widiscgolf
Apr 23 2009, 05:48 PM
Heck yeah Ramstack!!

kwibby1
Apr 24 2009, 04:07 AM
You could step it up even further by having that info right in the game
click "DISC GOLF" then you get as options
"PLAY GAME"
"WHAT IS THE PDGA?"
"IS THERE A COURSE NEAR YOU" With the latest info...that would hook em! :)

gippy
Apr 24 2009, 08:25 AM
You could step it up even further by having that info right in the game
click "DISC GOLF" then you get as options
"PLAY GAME"
"WHAT IS THE PDGA?"

"IS THERE A COURSE NEAR YOU" With the latest info...that would hook em! :)

Great Idea hopefully EA is on this forum somewhere. I have a freind who works with EA Sports I'll have to tell him to have them look at all the forums. Cause it's all around Maine and this forum Im sure others are talking about it too

frolfdisc
Apr 24 2009, 02:45 PM

Hey Rhett:

Not, that I'm trying to argue with you or anything, nor do I really care whether you buy one, play it on Rizbee's, or stick to your Xbox, but I bought mine for this reason, not that one (from the PDGA Board meeting minutes):

"Wii Game Report (Guiliano): Autonomous Productions has made great progress in creating a Wii game based on disc golf, which they hope will be released late this summer. They will be working with the PDGA so that they can include well-known courses in their data-base."

The EA offering is just icing on the cake, especially since I've been having a blast playing the 2008 version while I'm waiting.

I agree that Ramstack's got a great idea there and I hope someone runs with it.

FWIW,

- JPB (master of the run-on sentence, abuser of parentheses)

rhett
Apr 24 2009, 04:25 PM
You're right, it doesn't matter that I won't buy it.

The Wii is outselling all other consoles handily, like 600k units versus 300k Xbox360s last month. The problem is the attach rate on the Wii is horrible and the number of people willing to buy any disc golf game is horrible. And I'd buy a disc golf game if it came out but not for $310 (Wii plus TW10/Motion+ bundle), so I'm bummed I won't get to play it or contribute to its sales totals.

LStephens
Apr 24 2009, 05:29 PM
We are planning on some Wii parties where everyone brings something. So...in this scenario your 'attach rate' could be $20 worth of beer and time spent with friends.

MattScott
Jun 09 2009, 10:20 PM
I bought this today... and needless to say... not that great.

no rollers
three discs to select
my roommate who is terrible at real disc golf, killed me on the wii
putting is crazy easy, everything else is super hard
disc doesn't fly at all how it should

If you have played this game let us know about it and what you think. It could just be me.
The Tiger Woods part is fun though.

md21954
Jun 10 2009, 08:15 AM
ditto. putting is way too easy. disc flight is off. i only played a few holes though. i get the feeling that if i slow down the throwing motion and not snap it the way i do with a disc, it might work better. you probably have to imagine you're throwing a lid.

TW2010 is awesome though. wii motion plus seems to have solved all of the problems that plagued previous versions-- especially the putting. well worth the $$$. the "live course weather" feature is pretty rad-- if it's raining at bethpage when you play bethpage on wii it will be raining. the seemless wifi of the wii is nice.

i got it yesterday when the best buy opened. fortunately we had some nasty t-storms roll through in the afternoon so my decision to play wii or disc golf was made pretty easy.

Jun 10 2009, 11:25 PM
My son and are playing it right now. A little dissapointed. I give it a 7 out of 10. Obviously real disc golfer were not part of the design. My son is trying all kinds of shots right now. He can totally kinda throw a roller. Shoulder kinda hurts from trying to throw to hard LOL

gippy
Jun 11 2009, 12:03 PM
COme on guys give em a break. It's a step in the right direction, They should talk with Ken,Avery,Barry etc before they put out a full on game. So they get better shots and more disc selction. What would they call it PDGA DISC GOLF or KEN CLIMO DISC GOLF??

seewhere
Jun 12 2009, 12:33 PM
just got my copy will give report later after a wii disc golf party :eek:

Smokey102977
Jun 14 2009, 03:29 AM
I push past the minor issues...My best score is -18 and my longest drives were 165 yrd....The key is motion past the sensor bar not power. Anhyzers turn and go long keep the nose down to keep the speed up. Hyzers go fast but don't fade hard enough.

jonnydobos
Jun 16 2009, 10:34 AM
I picked up TW10 on Sunday and have had a chance to play it for a couple hours. I was really excited for the disc golf, but the lure of disc golf made the purchase a slam dunk. I probably would have bought the game anyways.

It's disappointing, but I'm not surprised. Yes, this was an advertised new feature of the game, but in the end it's mainly just a side game. I wouldn't expect considerable effort to go into it. However, I have another game for Wii that has disc golf and while that's much more basic, you can at least throw sidearm. I do think there are some cool things about it - 27 different courses (being ball golf courses, they are similar, but still variety), the motion plus really does give you the feel of throwing hyzers and anhyzers.

Just like most of the games with Wii, power does not translate - it's all about smoothness. You can't rip through a throw like in real life, but I never expected that.

All in all it's a great addition to the game and the game itself is really sweet. Not worth buying a Wii just for this game, but I would highly recommend getting the game if you are already a Wii owner.

seewhere
Jun 16 2009, 10:40 AM
watch our for blisters starting to form on the throwing hand ring finger.. :eek:

cgkdisc
Jun 25 2009, 01:08 PM
Wonder if Tiger will mention the disc golf option on the show?

'Late Night' Videogame Showdown
Our favorite late-night talk show host (nope, not Conan) is taking on our favorite athlete in a showdown of video gaming prowess (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/25/jimmy-fallon-takes-on-tiger-woods-this-thursday-night/). Who will prevail, the guy with his name on the show or the guy with his name on the game? It's Jimmy Fallon (http://television.aol.com/show/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon/10419168/main) versus Tiger Woods in 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/tiger-woods-pga-tour-10/)' tonight; we're picking Tiger to win by a couple hundred shots. You know, because he's Tiger Woods, y'all. [From: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/25/jimmy-fallon-takes-on-tiger-woods-this-thursday-night/)]

JerryChesterson
Jun 25 2009, 01:55 PM
watch our for blisters starting to form on the throwing hand ring finger.. :eek:

You mean from the game or from "other" activtiies? :eek:

seewhere
Jun 25 2009, 03:28 PM
:):eek: