Twisted1
Apr 14 2009, 06:20 PM
Tye F. Cunningham Memorial Disc Golf Tournament
May 2-3 PDGA Sanctioned C Tier
Tye F Cunningham Disc Golf Course at Mitch Park in Edmond,OK

For sign ups and more information visit Twisted Flyer (http://www.twistedflyer.com)

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/twistedflyer/Tye_Flyer.jpg

pdorries
Apr 15 2009, 11:17 AM
finally got my PDGA renewal status updated! took long enough.

just wanted to say if you havent played at this park, its pretty stinkin fun. i have played it a couple times and really enjoy it.

if at all possible im going to want to go to this one!

Twisted1
Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM
Yep, the course is awesome! We will have the full pavillion, heated / cooled restrooms as well as the bar b que pits on total lock that weekend.

The club has been HUSTLING up some sponsors that will really make this a nice event. Being the first PDGA event at the course, we will be setting the SSA for the first time so event is strictly limited to 90 players. Pre Reg at twistedflyer.com

Nice job on staying current there detOnator

Sideball
Apr 15 2009, 12:19 PM
And I'm in! Who's gonna join me in the Pre-reg?

Geiger

mutt
Apr 15 2009, 10:21 PM
Ok its officially a event now that geiger has signed up. So dont be late, field tops at 90 and we will have to turn you away this year...(only due to ratings sanctioning). We are still working on getting MORE money thrown it. Did I mention the edmond downtown arts festival will be going on the same weekend, so extras to do for a hour or so....

P.S I am in, so another space gone!!!!

mutt
Apr 26 2009, 09:14 PM
Ok now that everyone is basking in the glow of a great GCO, sign up and come to edmond to play next week. Lets have a full turn out guys.

pdorries
Apr 27 2009, 03:56 PM
joining u on the pre-reg mr. GEIGER!!!!!!

YAY! Weekend opened up and I will see u all in edmond!

mutt
Apr 28 2009, 12:38 AM
Course has really grown in the last few days, accuracy will be a must. A little bug spray might be advised, but the cold may send the ticks back into hiding. I will post driving directions later on in the week to avoid construction.
Bout time you signed up dorries!
Payouts should be good, free shirt and disc to all that sign up and some fun stuff for the rings of fire.
P.S. avoid the cedar trees...

Twisted1
Apr 29 2009, 01:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss out on the first PDGA sanctioned tournament at the Tye F Cunnnigham Disc Golf Course at Mitch Park in Edmond, OK

kyle
Apr 29 2009, 02:41 PM
What is the schedule Saturday?

Twisted1
Apr 29 2009, 03:52 PM
Friday Doubles hosted by Edmond Disc Golf Club flex start 3:30 - 5:30pm. $10 per team.

Saturday morning from 7:45 - 8:45am will be Player Check In and Sign Ups (if there is still room). Players meeting 9:00am. First round will start shortly after that.

mutt
Apr 30 2009, 12:54 AM
if you are driving from tulsa you can take I-44 to I-35 North. take the 2nd street exit and turn left on 2nd (west) and take it 4 miles to Kelly Ave. Turn right on Kelly (north) and go 2 miles to Covell Rd. Turn left (west) on Covell and take the Mitch park entrance (Marilyn Williams) into Mitch Park. Go all the way to the back and we will be at the Pavillion on the the left. You may have to park by the ball fields and walk across the road. I have course maps if anyone wants on send me a e-mail.

Danforth and Covell both have construction between I-35 and the park so you would have to make a mile detour if you decide to take either one of these roads.

Twisted1
Apr 30 2009, 12:31 PM
Innova has us hooked up PHAT!!! Things are coming together nicely. Come out and and celebrate the first annual TFCM!

Twisted1
May 02 2009, 07:43 AM
Even if you don't we're still gonna' play!!! See you out there!

twoputtok
May 02 2009, 11:39 AM
You guys have fun. :eek::D

Twisted1
May 02 2009, 07:47 PM
What a day! Thanks to the storm troopers that showed up to celebrate the legacy so far. It rained during the first round and lunch but it was TOTALLY RAIN FREE for the second round! Coda up on Crowl by 1 in Pro, Geiger by many in Advanced.

Great speech by Mrs. Cunningham this morning and support from so many angles and friends of Tye. It was a very moving, positive day... a great day for disc golf for sure.

Players packs for Pro's was a T-Shirt, Stickers, Disc Golfer magazine, PDGA poster, entry to side games and Lunch both days.

Am's got all of that PLUS a nice Innova Roc!

Sunday will be mostly dry and mild, field games will be set up and more good times will be had by all... you can count on it. With 2 restrooms on the course with HEAT and water I don't see how we can't. I learned a hand dryer can dry a towel hecka fast!

mutt
May 03 2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks to the tulsa guys who played and the support of the TDSA, Norman, The Cunninghams, Twisted Flyer, Justin, Matt and all the other guys who helped out that went unnoticed or mentioned and all the sponsers. Everyone working together made this tournament a sucsess! We had alot of players playing their first tournament, I would guess about 10-15 first timers. Glad every one of them played and keep playing. Once again thanks everyone!! For those of you that missed it, it was worth playing in the rain.

pdorries
May 03 2009, 11:51 PM
it was worth playing in the rain.

You bet it was! The course was really fun to play (especially in the longs).

Gotta give some props to the city of edmond, the TDs, the edmond/okc players, and the cunningham family for making that event AWESOME.

If you haven't heard yet, they really hooked it up this weekend. the lunches were great, they had phat players packs and really hooked up the payouts. Joe Ro put on a killer event.

Playing with some of the edmond/okc players was great, all of them were super friendly and a lot of fun to shoot rounds with! Daryl Johnson's ring of fire was very cool too... (as always)

Thanks to all involved for making this a super fun weekend!

mutt
May 04 2009, 01:15 AM
We even kept the ticks down just for you paul! lol

DoughDuff
May 04 2009, 01:42 PM
scores anyone???

mutt
May 04 2009, 06:55 PM
If you were there, you would know the scores! Next time show up!!
PS I could have used the points! lol
I am sure joe will be getting to them soon, he needs time to dry out!!

I seem to be missing a disc from this weekend. Did anyone come across a orange spider, it has my name and number...

Twisted1
May 05 2009, 09:03 AM
Dough... if you were at the event like a true trooper you would have heard the announcement that cox cable went down in my neighborhood during Saturday nights storm. After a small struggle the wire monkeys have once again powered us up.

I will have the scores entered a little later today, need to knock out my day job first... or start charging $28.00 for flexfit hats.

Evan Schmidt hit the EDGE free discs for 5 years hole in one Sunday on Hole #15 short... There were 2 ace's and an AMAZING AMOUNT OF FREE STUFF!!!

Facility bonus of the weekend was running water, heated restrooms and hand dryers that became towel and sock dryers in a hurry!

Other notables were Dorries / Crowl tie for 2nd in Open with Crowl accepting cash and Dorries grabbing plastic so he can hit up world's. Coda's win of course... It was a FIRST event for about 10 people, we had 1 pdga sign up and bunch of laughs. The skillz Challenge was an even BIGGER hit since we were ale to use the driving station instead of two midrange shots.

A HUGH THANK YOU to the Edmond disc golf club and it's key members, Matt, Justin, Mike, Petey, a few Rob's and anyone I didn't mention... You guys are on your way as a club and I am stoked to be a part of it. Also a HUGE thanks to the Cunningham Family. EDMOND... a great place to throw!

We all helped the Cunningham's realize Tye's dream of hosting an event at the course, everyone having a blast and celebrating friends and good times was the BONUS.

Sideball
May 05 2009, 05:19 PM
I would, briefly, like to thank every single person that donated even a moment of time to assure Tye's course would be ready for PDGA play last weekend:

Thanks!

I had a fantastic time.

EDGA is in the heezy!!!

Geiger

Sideball
May 05 2009, 06:23 PM
Congrats to C-Hat for yet another domination. And congrats to Dorries for steppin' up, playing with the big boys, shooting 4 -1000+ rated rounds and then taking merch (lumping him back down with the MA1s, killing us by 18 strokes!)

Again, despite the rain, hail and red clay mud (which will be with me forever) the weekend was a PrimeTime Blast!!!

Lookin' forward to next year,

Geiger

DoughDuff
May 05 2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks Joe...sorry I missed out, I was in Tulsa fixing stuff that cox tech's screwed up here.

Twisted1
May 05 2009, 07:49 PM
I guess I know what you mean... heck you might be why we have internet!