Paul Taylor
Apr 13 2009, 11:52 PM
Is anybody out there feeling the same way that I am right now about taking that survey? How much spam will we get from that.

I ended up only answering a few questions that pertained to disc golf...

Anybody else feeling this way? or not?

Grog
Apr 14 2009, 08:03 AM
Pretty much looks like a sell out to me. That's why I use the hotmail account for my membership emails. Only a few have my Road Runner account. But I only answered those pertaining to DG as well. So now I'll get spam from everyone! :confused:

Considering that the 2008 Players cup banner ad is still running (hint hint mods and I mean this constructively). I don't plan to see any soon.

cgkdisc
Apr 14 2009, 10:46 AM
I see Duesler's survey but no PDGA Survey. Where is the PDGA Survey?

Jeff_LaG
Apr 14 2009, 03:26 PM
Considering that the 2008 Players cup banner ad is still running (hint hint mods and I mean this constructively). I don't plan to see any soon.

FYI, the moderators only respond to an occasional user complaint about a message board post. That is their sole duty. They have absolutely nothing to do with the presence or the content of the advertisements displayed here.

Grog
Apr 14 2009, 04:39 PM
FYI, the moderators only respond to an occasional user complaint about a message board post. That is their sole duty. They have absolutely nothing to do with the presence or the content of the advertisements displayed here.

I would not suspect that they would. The hint is not directed at the mods per se, but at whomever is attempting to control the web site. There were a lot of remarks, from both camps, about the advertising when it was first introduced. Yet we have constantly been subjected to a banner that is four months old. This tends to give a tired look to the site and certainly makes non-member visitors wonder. If we (PDGA) are going to use the site to generate revenue then let's do it, but do it all the way. If we aren't then lets put a generic banner up that isn't dated.

This is not intended to start any arguements Jeff. I know you have nothing to do with it and you may or may not share my views. I'm just voicing an opinion. IF part of the intention of the survey is to sell a mailing list to outside sources then we as members should have the option of opting out, I don't see where my outside interests other than disc golf affect the demographics of the PDGA. This is a common practice I know, however I hope we are above that!

The balance of the remark? Yep! It was another wise acre remark from yours truly. Was any one hurt by it? I doubt it, but if so my apologies. I'm a wise acre! Ask disc coach, he has to contend with me all the time.

Jeff_LaG
Apr 14 2009, 05:10 PM
Wasn't offended in the slightest, just clarifying that the mods have nothing to do with it.

I share your view 100% that an outdated banner gives a tired look.

Pizza God
Apr 14 2009, 08:42 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Paul Taylor
Apr 15 2009, 10:13 PM
I see Duesler's survey but no PDGA Survey. Where is the PDGA Survey?

The PDGA survey was sent in an email a couple of days ago. It was in the middle section of the email newsletter.