warlocks00
Apr 10 2009, 11:38 AM
Copy and pasted from the CVDGA DISCussion board:

by the TD JC

I have got a tourney in the works for the 20th of June. It is the Saturday before Father's day so you guys should have no problem getting out of the house for this one!

Get two friends together to form a team of three. There is no rating restrictions, I just ask that there be only one open/pro player per team. You will need to list your players as 1,2,3 beforehand. Ideally you will have an open player, an adv./int. player, and a novice player. But like I said, the teams can be made of any combination you like. That's the fun of a menage a trois right??

The tourney breaks down like this, there will be two rounds of 27, which you will play in segments of 9 holes. We will be playing three nine hole courses in town. You will play all three courses in your first and second rounds. First 9 holes-singles, second 9-doubles with partner, third 9-doubles with other partner, then lunch and do it all over again. Sounds like fun right!?

This is going to be an experimental tourney with big future plans in mind. So get your team together now cause you are not going to want to miss the biggest "M�nage � trois" San Angelo has ever seen!!

Exact times and entry fees ...etc.. will be coming soon.

warlocks00
May 08 2009, 12:06 PM
The tourney breaks down like this, there will be two rounds of 27, which you will play in segments of 9 holes. We will be playing three nine hole courses in town. You will play all three courses in your first and second rounds. First 9 holes-singles, second 9-doubles with partner, third 9-doubles with other partner, then lunch and do it all over again. Sounds like fun right!?

Ok a little change in the format. The first 27 will be done like described above, but the second set of 27 will be alternate shot all the way through all 3 9 hole courses.

Not for sure yet, but looks like we might do a T-shirt and disc for players packs and payout will be individual medals plus a Big Team Trophy with a name plate to be displayed at Cortese Flag & Silkscreen(my disc golf). This trohpy will be used every year and name plates will be added for the winners of that year.

More info to come!

warlocks00
Jun 02 2009, 09:19 AM
Not for sure yet, but looks like we might do a T-shirt and disc for players packs and payout will be individual medals plus a Big Team Trophy with a name plate to be displayed at Cortese Flag & Silkscreen(my disc golf). This trohpy will be used every year and name plates will be added for the winners of that year.
More info to come!

The above is what is going to happen as far as payout and players packs.

Teams are starting to form up now. Think I have heard of at least 7 or 8 teams so far. The goal for the 1st Annual Menage a Trios is 10+.

warlocks00
Jun 12 2009, 10:22 AM
The Menage a Trios is just a little over a week. We are doing pre-registration only for those that want player packs. That way we can garuntee you get the shirt size you want, rather than what's left in the box by the time you get there. Deadline to recieve a player pack is June 17th, which is next wednesday. There will be day of signups allowed, but you will not get the T-shirt and Disc player pack.

Can't wait for this event, I think it's going to be the most fun DG event the CVDGA puts on. Hopefully it will become a huge event similar to Texas Teams, but with a little bit different feel due to the format.

June 20th is the date for this "first of it's kind" event...don't miss out!!!

warlocks00
Jun 17 2009, 02:31 PM
Last day for pre-registration for this event. If you want a player pack today is the day to signup!!