Smitty2004
Apr 09 2009, 09:06 PM
A buddy of mine was playing in a PDGA event a couple of weekends ago.

Long story short:
A dude was down in the trees doing who knows what. The 2 minute warning was given. This dude throws a disc out of the woods and towards the basket. My buddy says "hey buddy, you could get a stroke for that". To this the guy goes ahead and throws a few more discs at the basket. My buddy once agains says "dude you cannot do that".

The dude then tells the guy the most he could ever get was a warning. I guess the dude was kind of being a prick towards my buddy.

What is the ruling? My thinking would be, that is a warning for the first throw then every throw after that is a stroke.

robertsummers
Apr 09 2009, 09:40 PM
804.02 After being warned,
subsequent throws by the player during
this period, if observed by two or more
players or an offi cial, shall result in one
penalty throw added to the player�s score,
regardless of the number of throws.

gnduke
Apr 09 2009, 09:46 PM
Close, but not quite.

804.02 A

The offense must be seen by two or more players or an official. The player must be warned first. Any throws after the warning witnessed by two or more players or an official result in a single penalty stroke even if he continues to practice until the start signal.

Any throws after the start signal would be considered practice throws and earn one stroke per throw.

johnbiscoe
Apr 10 2009, 11:21 AM
if i am running an event i will often putt a little after 2 minutes until warned. one of the guys who wrote the rulebook is where i got the idea.

exczar
Apr 10 2009, 12:22 PM
You're not supposed to put those loopholes in print! Didn't that same guy tell you that?

It might get you in trouble; it did me.

johnbiscoe
Apr 10 2009, 12:25 PM
trouble is my middle name... :D