DISConnected
Apr 03 2009, 10:31 AM
This year will be the 7th annual Live Oak Summer Open.

July 11-12, 2009

It is official. LODGA will be partnering with KISS-FM for the Live Oak Summer Open. Stop and think about that for a minute. This is going to be HUGE!!

KISS will have on-air promotions beginning in May. They have experience promoting ball golf and dodge ball tournaments, and if all goes well, this will be a multi-year commitment. They are talking about events to help promote the tournament like putting contests at Fatso�s, for example.

We had better get ready, because there is no reason this can't be the biggest LOSO ever.

I�ll keep ya�ll posted as things develop. We are going to need lots of volunteers for this one.

I also expect we will have some special guests at the Thursday mini next week, possibly including Steve Hahn.

CGPRush
Apr 04 2009, 01:51 AM
Outstanding!

DISConnected
Apr 11 2009, 12:56 PM
All you artistic types, we need a logo for LOSO.

This year's theme: <font color="blue"> Not our first rodeo</font>

Also, this is <font color="blue"> Number 7</font>. Maybe you can work that in.

Whoever submits the winning logo will get some goodies.

email entries to [email protected]

DISConnected
Apr 20 2009, 10:46 PM
Sponsor Letter is up on lodga.com (click here) (http://www.lodga.com/Sponsorship_Form_2009.pdf)

JerryChesterson
Apr 22 2009, 10:05 AM
Will this year be pick your own payout? I realize pick your own payout sucks for the group running it as you have to wait around for everyone to choose, but having it picked for you sucks on the other end too.

My suggeustion, have the divisions line up in order of finish. 1st place goes first, 2nd goes 2nd, etc. Only allow 1 person per division in the disc picking area at a time. That's worked well in the past.

DISConnected
Apr 23 2009, 10:34 AM
Not sure yet, but PYOP is something we'd like to do.

JerryChesterson
Apr 23 2009, 12:45 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

When you coming out again Dog? Haven't seen you in a while.

DISConnected
Apr 23 2009, 01:21 PM
I'm injured! Foot issue--trying to rehab.

JerryChesterson
Apr 23 2009, 02:04 PM
I'm injured! Foot issue--trying to rehab.

I hope you get better! Who else is going to teach me the consistant as consistent gets up shot?

sciencet_cher
May 06 2009, 06:51 PM
I am now activily seeking volunteers for spotting and course crew workers. PM or email me if you are interested. I know that it is a great tournamnet to play, but the club could use your help in making this the biggest LOSO ever. We are still looking for logo ideas also.

JP

DISConnected
May 08 2009, 10:50 AM
Working on some special goodies for staff!!!!!!

yomamafoo
May 22 2009, 11:41 AM
Where do we sign up? I can't find a link anywhere...

DISConnected
May 23 2009, 09:52 AM
Event information, Entry form, and Sponsor Flyer can be found at:

www.lodga.com/loso.htm

Note: Twisted Flyer option is not up yet.

JerryChesterson
Jun 09 2009, 02:51 PM
What's the word on the logo?

DISConnected
Jun 09 2009, 04:54 PM
Designed by Brandon Tull, with an assist to Greg G.

Click to enlarge:

vinnie
Jun 09 2009, 06:07 PM
thats it?
cut peices of yarn laid out in tick marks?
:o

DISConnected
Jun 09 2009, 10:52 PM
Just send in the form.

JerryChesterson
Jun 10 2009, 09:27 AM
thats it?
cut peices of yarn laid out in tick marks?
:o

Vinnie I thought the logo should have been a bald man sleeping in his truck being harassed by the Live Oak police at 4:45 AM. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

JerryChesterson
Jun 10 2009, 09:36 AM
Is the player's pack coming out of the entry? I sure hope not, at least not for advanced.

Can I play Open but for merch? I.E. I'll pay the open entry fee and whatever cash I win (if I cash) is given to me in merch to maintain my AM status. I talked to the PDGA Tour Manager about this for one of the tourneys SADC ran and he indicated that is the preferred approach for AMs to play pro and maintain their AM status.

Just out of curiousity will you be offering trophy only in Open? If so, what is the price for that?

One last question. What is the meaning of life?

vinnie
Jun 10 2009, 09:56 AM
I was just getting to know the locals.....you know building the gap between public officals and disc golf :p

DISConnected
Jun 10 2009, 12:27 PM
Is the player's pack coming out of the entry? I sure hope not, at least not for advanced.

Can I play Open but for merch? I.E. I'll pay the open entry fee and whatever cash I win (if I cash) is given to me in merch to maintain my AM status. I talked to the PDGA Tour Manager about this for one of the tourneys SADC ran and he indicated that is the preferred approach for AMs to play pro and maintain their AM status.

Just out of curiousity will you be offering trophy only in Open? If so, what is the price for that?

One last question. What is the meaning of life?

Q1) That is the standard procedure
Q2) Dont know, I'll need to find out.
Q3) No, N/A
Q4) Sorry, we have a 3 question limit.

JerryChesterson
Jun 10 2009, 12:52 PM
Q1) That is the standard procedure
Q2) Dont know, I'll need to find out.
Q3) No, N/A
Q4) Sorry, we have a 3 question limit.
Q1 - I've seen it done both ways. Some choose to take the sponsorship money and put that into the player's packs.
Q4 - That was a trick question. The meaning of life is to thow a frisbee and have fun!

JerryChesterson
Jun 11 2009, 10:35 AM
FYI, I checked with David Gentry (PDGA Tour Manager) and he said amatuer players are allowed to accept merchandise in lieu of cash when playing Open. Not that I'll play Open, but just in case.

Jethro33
Jun 23 2009, 04:20 PM
I am getting pumped up to play this tourney. . . how are the rounds going to work out? do we play 3 rounds at 3 different courses?

JerryChesterson
Jun 24 2009, 09:46 AM
In years past the Advanced Division has played at least one round each at Universal City (boooooo :D), Like Oak Lake Course, & Live Oak City Hall Course.

CGPRush
Jun 24 2009, 04:53 PM
Wasn't it 4 rounds last year?

My faulty memory recalls this, playing in Advanced Masters:
Sat. round 1: LO City Hall
Sat. round 2: LO Lake
Sun. round 3: UC
Sun. round 4: LO Lake

DISConnected
Jun 24 2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, it was 4 rounds last year except for INT and REC divisions, who played 3.

This year all amateurs will play 3 rounds at 3 different courses (unless it rains--then everything changes).

Pros will have a cut and then a final 9.

I will post the layouts and schedules as soon as they are ready.

opereida
Jun 24 2009, 11:07 PM
Yes, it was 4 rounds last year except for INT and REC divisions, who played 3.

This year all amateurs will play 3 rounds at 3 different courses (unless it rains--then everything changes).

Pros will have a cut and then a final 9.

I will post the layouts and schedules as soon as they are ready.

I bet it rains now that you mentioned it.:D

Jethro33
Jun 25 2009, 04:37 PM
well lets hope it doesnt rain but lets hope it gets a little cooler. Playing 2 rounds at temps over 100 degrees is crazy. Makes you do crazy things like miss 5 ft putts in your second round.

CGPRush
Jun 26 2009, 01:25 PM
oh, it was the heat that caused that?:rolleyes::D

Grog
Jun 26 2009, 04:11 PM
It must have been a "choking" heat!:D

DISConnected
Jun 30 2009, 10:37 AM
We could still use some staff, especially spotters. If you can be a spotter for one day, or even one round, please send me a pm.

Anyone who staffs will receive a players pack, a shirt, and other benefits. We will definitely take care of you!

BTW - Comments on this thread are intended for the club.
Be sure to check the LOSO thread under PDGA Tournaments for general info.

hyzerhunny
Jul 03 2009, 02:18 PM
cant wait for this tournament!! cant wait to see Laura!

DISConnected
Jul 03 2009, 08:00 PM
I saw what you did there.

Benefits, you know. :D

JerryChesterson
Jul 05 2009, 03:14 PM
Same as last year:

11D - concrete tee behind 11C basket - tunnel shot out from the tee to temp basket just outside the woods.

11E - temp tee - long fairway curves to the right to basket protected by trees, near 12's tee.

Regarding 11D, What about the possibility of playing that hole as originally designed (to what you are referring to as 11E's basket) and playing 13? 11D is a BEAR that way ... and fun. It really has the potential to be a round breaker if you miss your tee shot or if you execute a beatuy.

Plus 13 is a great hole too.

pdgaman12
Jul 06 2009, 12:28 AM
I'm looking for a partner for the Friday am's doubles.Either send me a message or call me if you're interested.Cell is 210-559-9911.Thanks...Bugman.

DISConnected
Jul 07 2009, 10:20 AM
Wanted:

2 Innova DisCatcher Sport portables.

1 small generator for use at Tournament HQ.

Please PM me if you have one of the above.

DISConnected
Jul 08 2009, 11:03 AM
We could still use a couple of spotters.

If you can volunteer for even one round, we can use you.

The players are our guests, and more staff means a better tournament experience for them. Of course, there's the sweet "staff package" for ya, too.

PM me if you can help.

*If you have already agreed to help spot, please touch base with me on Friday at 6pm (preferably) or on Saturday at 7am so we can coordinate.

Also keep in mind staff need to hydrate and stay cool just like players, so dont forget a cooler, chair, umbrella, etc.

DISConnected
Jul 09 2009, 05:48 PM
Be Aware:

Doubles is at LIVE OAK, not UC this year.

This way people can check in and play doubles all at the same course.

Twisted1
Jul 10 2009, 03:34 PM
I will have some 2009 usdgc ROC's on hand this weekend if you want one hit me up! Twisted chairs in the house also... it's gonna be HOT!

JHouston
Jul 13 2009, 07:06 PM
Hey B will you have plastic out on Thursday? if i can get a heads up i can make arrangements with the ceo. Thanks

JerryChesterson
Jul 13 2009, 07:56 PM
and/or Tuesday

DISConnected
Jul 13 2009, 08:08 PM
I will be there Tuesday, not sure if I can make it Thursday.

PM me if you know what you want because I dont think I can bring it all at once.

chuckles
Jul 27 2009, 10:47 PM
Did anyone pick up a Beast and two Omega Supersoft disc on friday during Doubles? If anyone has them please send me a message.

Grog
Jul 28 2009, 07:59 AM
Holy Shitzu Charlie, did you lose them all on the same hole, or are you trying to fill up some ones elses bag?:)

chuckles
Jul 28 2009, 09:37 AM
Holy Shitzu Charlie, did you lose them all on the same hole, or are you trying to fill up some ones elses bag?:)

Not me!!!! Tracy left his disc on the course. I guess he left them behind a Bud Light Can.