channelz
Mar 28 2009, 01:00 PM
We have the 4th course mostly installed and it will be playable before May 1st. We have the Red Course, Blue Course, Gold/Silver Course, and this one is the White Course. After this course is in the ground we will be installing the rest of the concrete teepads and many benches (currently under construction). The courses are championship caliber although we purposely kept the white course a bit shorter than the others. We installed the first basket on hole 5 Thursday, 3-26-09, a 190 ft ravine/tunnel shot and an hour later I aced it for the first white course ace. We've had tremendous support from the parks dept. and our crew of local disc golfers. Video and pics of the park can be viewed for free on the site listed below...

Bart Zandstra

cgkdisc
Mar 28 2009, 01:45 PM
Hey, I thought only Super Class aces count on that course. :DPractice up. Looking forward to a test drive in mid-April.

channelz
Mar 30 2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Chuck....look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks? We adjusted the course per Aprils request....she wanted it to start and end by the pro shop and made a serious committment to landscaping the area where they tore down that scrap forest (remember?) and using it to showcase DG...hole 1 and tee 18....the parks are so gung-ho it is almost scary...lol...we've had a huge volunteer crew and have only been slowed by weather...z

cgkdisc
Mar 30 2009, 01:32 PM
I'll be out there on Thursday, April 16th probably by 11 if not earlier.

channelz
Apr 03 2009, 07:51 PM
17 of the 18 baskets are installed on the white course....still waiting for dry ground to finish bush-hogging some of the holes...71 holes at Lemon Lake and counting...

Dana
Apr 05 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the hard work and updates, Z. Once it dries up a little, I plan on taking a trip up. Wish I didn't have to work for the Spring Opener...

channelz
Apr 19 2009, 01:43 PM
All 18 baskets are in the ground on the white course. 2 of the holes play a bit tuff as it's been too wet to get the heavy equipment on them but I played my first complete round on it yesterday....8 under....shoulda been 14...We added several benches yesterday and put 8 concrete teepads out there this week....We also concreted the tee on blue 12 and added a long concrete teepad for blue 3. The place is exploding with disc golfers and we anticipate many more improvements this year....I will keep this thread posted...tournament there this Sunday....see below...

Red Roc Disc Golf Club Presents
Second Annual Lemon Lake
Spring Opener
Sunday April 26th
Lemon Lake County Park, Cedar Lake IN.

C-Tier Event
($300 added to Pro Purse)

Open $38
Advanced $28
Amateur $23
Recreational $18
Non PDGA Members add 10 dollars

We will be playing the Red,Blue, and White courses

Payout to top 40% in each division
Players Meeting 9:00 sharp... Tee off 9:30

channelz
Apr 25 2009, 12:41 PM
Allrght Folks....72 permanent holes officially at Lemon Lake....can you dig it?

channelz
May 13 2009, 12:53 PM
Finally dried up enough to Bush hog the holes on the white course that were unreachable all spring. All 4 courses are very playable. Look for another 10 or so new concrete teepads later this mnonth.

Bart Zandstra
www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com

pterodactyl
May 13 2009, 04:56 PM
Looking forward to possibly playing pro worlds here in 2010. Go Cubbies! KL