sandalbagger
Mar 26 2009, 06:43 PM
Just a heads up that Lori and I, and hopefully KB and Matt McMillan are going to play the Patapsco Punisher near Baltimore on April 4th. There are only 10 spots left as of today. Sign up now if you want to go. It's a beautiful course.

gotcha
Mar 26 2009, 07:42 PM
Patapsco State Park! One of Maryland's finest... :)

kUrTp
Mar 26 2009, 07:44 PM
Are you guys really going? Alanna and I will probably go. Where are you going to stay?

sandalbagger
Mar 26 2009, 08:35 PM
We are for sure going. We are already signed up and paid.

kUrTp
Mar 27 2009, 09:04 AM
We got in...Tell matty that he has to go.

kUrTp
Mar 27 2009, 11:39 AM
Chris,

FYI...Saw Lori's name on the list but not yours. If you plan on leaving from your place, I'm thinking Indiana would be on the way. If you want you could meet us at our place and I'll drive from there.

sandalbagger
Mar 27 2009, 07:15 PM
My name is on now. Thanks for the heads up. Matty and KB are signed up also.

So we have 6 of us going. So we need 2 hotel rooms for sure. I'm going to look for some deals tonight. We can figure out the driving plans also. What time were you planning on leaving on Friday?

kUrTp
Mar 28 2009, 12:09 AM
I get off work at 12:30ish. I'd like to leave directly!!! Would it be closer for you to come here or go to cranberry to meet up with KB? Find a deal for hotels and i'm sure Alanna will look also then we'll compare.

sandalbagger
Mar 30 2009, 07:55 PM
So we can get hotel room nearby for about $75, might save a few bucks with our PDGA discount.

I guess Matt M can't leave until 2 -3 on Friday. WE were hoping to leave earlier than that. We will be leaving from Wexford and heading down to Morgantown than head west from there because the turnpike tolls are so expensive right now.

So.....I'm not sure what to do about rides??

I know we want to get there early enough to practice. We have us, Matt, KB and you 2. So what do you guys suggest? I'll call KB and see what he thinks.

I'm looking for other hotels also.

kUrTp
Mar 30 2009, 08:24 PM
We also don't want to leave any later than we have to. We'll probably leave directly after I get off, @ 12:30ish. $75 for hotel sounds good. Alanna didn't see anything cheaper. PDGA discounts stink! They charge regular rate then discount from that. It's usually cheaper to book through hotels.com. Do you two want to share a room with alanna and I? I heard Matt snores like a chainsaw!!! :D Actually, I wouldn't care if all of us stayed in the same room.

We will definitely take the turnpike from Indiana. We're only on there for one exit, bedford to breezewood, so the toll is only around $1.75.

Anything else???? Alanna left our home number on Lori's cell, if you need to discuss anything else.

Can't wait to get beat down by the punisher!!!

gotcha
Mar 30 2009, 09:35 PM
I heard Matt snores like a chainsaw!!! :D

~ :D :D :D ~

sandalbagger
Mar 31 2009, 09:54 PM
Got us a room at the Hyatt 2 double beds and a queen sofa. $100. Here is the address

940 International Dr, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090

kUrTp
Apr 01 2009, 09:05 AM
Sweet deal...We'll see you guys in Maryland.

sandalbagger
Apr 01 2009, 12:05 PM
Seemed like a good deal to me. free breakfast with Starbucks coffee also.

And we can all stay in one room.

So sounded good to me. It is booked. WHat time you think you will be getting to Patapsco?

kUrTp
Apr 01 2009, 12:16 PM
It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive so my guess is around 4:30ish.

gotcha
Apr 01 2009, 01:44 PM
I heard Matt snores like a chainsaw!!! :D

And we can all stay in one room.

Random suggestion: earplugs

:)

sandalbagger
Apr 01 2009, 01:53 PM
I slept in a room with Matt before, and he did not snore???

Now Speakerbear is another story, he causes earthquakes.

kUrTp
Apr 01 2009, 02:10 PM
Now Speakerbear is another story, he causes earthquakes.

So that's why the volcano fountain at the edge o town stopped working last year.

gotcha
Apr 01 2009, 02:16 PM
Several of my tarheel friends told me a story about how they once shared a room with Kirk Yoo of Raleigh, NC. They said he snores like a jet engine! Kirk awoke the following morning to find everyone else lying on the floor with their head next to the air conditioning unit in an attempt to drown out the sound.

kUrTp
Apr 01 2009, 05:31 PM
Just like when Alanna, J Thompson, Stella and I went to Seneca last September. Stella said, "If I start to snore just throw a pillow at me!" Within ten minutes a slow rumble started from his side of the hotel room. Within 20 minutes Alanna sat up and jacked him right in the head with a pillow. The snoring stopped!

speakerbear
Apr 02 2009, 02:52 PM
Must have been my evil twin, the same one that causes my wife to accuse me of snoring. Hope you guys represent at Patapsco-Good Luck. The volcano at the edge o town probably just got clogged up with beer - or maybe Kurt threw a flashflight into it?!