EMDG
Mar 25 2009, 06:56 PM
Hello,
My name is Will Young and I am fairly new to the PDGA site and thought I would put this info out there for all to share. This may seem a little odd but I am trying to reach people in the disc golf community that would be interested in a summer/fall job that is focused on disc golf maintenance and tournament implementation. My family has a Bed & Breakfast, restaurant, gift store, and campground in Plumtree NC in Avery County.We have an awesome 18 hole course called the Elk Mountain Disc Golf course located at our campground and I am looking for two people who want to live at the campground for the summer/fall and maintain the course and organize a small tournament. You each get a private primitive Yurt to live in and have access to all of the campground amenities plus a disc golf course at your back door. You can see pictures of the yurt and campground @ www.vancetoeriverlodge.com (http://www.vancetoeriverlodge.com) We just put in a high ropes course and canopy zip line adventure course and also have a 24ft climbing tower.There is payment of $65/week plus you get lunch at our restaurant Wed-Saturday. Could you please point me in the right direction for where I should post this or if you or someone you know would be interested that would be great. There will be a short application process but any help you could give me would be appreciated. There are several details and amenities I have not mentioned in order to avoid being too long winded, so if you are interested please give a call or send a message. Sorry to bother all of you but the newbie could use a little help. Oh yeah, and you can look up the course on the pdga website. Area code is 28664. Feel free to send me a message or call me on my cell phone @ 828-467-0868. If I don't answer just leave me a message and I'll get back with you.
Thanks for your time.
Will Young

tyson99duke
Mar 25 2009, 07:18 PM
Will, I have a couple people in mind. Wish I could be that guy. Good Luck. I will put some in touch.

Also try contacting The High County Disc Golf Club. They may know someone in or close to the Boone area.

http://www.thehighcountrydiscgolfclub.com/

Look forward to visiting.

Tyson

EMDG
Mar 25 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks Tyson,
I am excited to see what kind of feedback I'll end up with!!

Will

wyattcoggin
Mar 26 2009, 10:46 AM
this is a great post - I will help get the word out for you as well. If my business slows down I my be contacting you for my self and i know My son would love it.

building the sport by installing a disc Golf course and wanting to help Disc Golfer, I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for all that you are doing.

EMDG
Mar 26 2009, 01:11 PM
Thank you for your help and words of encouragement! It is far to much for only myself to maintain and would love to have involvement from someone that loves disc golf as well. Thanks again for helping to spread the word.

Will

wyattcoggin
Mar 26 2009, 06:46 PM
I understand what it takes to keep a course up. Andrew and I have a private 9 hole course. I at times have to pay others to help keep it up.

We would love to play your cousre someday.

Dana
Mar 26 2009, 10:17 PM
Will- sounds interesting, I am very interested in the position. It is a little late now, but I plan on calling tomorrow.

-Dana

CRUISER
Mar 26 2009, 10:55 PM
I wish I lived in NC.

gotcha
Aug 28 2009, 06:43 PM
Who got the job? :)

Maureen Higgins
Aug 28 2009, 09:05 PM
Plumber John.