JerryChesterson
Mar 12 2009, 02:33 PM
This event has been added to TitleDISC (http://www.titledisc.com/?q=node/670) and is open for registration. More details to follow.

JerryChesterson
Mar 16 2009, 07:41 PM
Tourney Webpage (http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/taco/index.htm) is now available for viewing at http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/taco/index.htm (thanks Greg). It should have all the details you need.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please ask.

JerryChesterson
Mar 20 2009, 11:31 AM
I am in need of assistant TDs and helpers for this event. There should not be a conflict with helping and playing. Please contact me via email ([email protected]) if you are interested. I know one person who is on board ... Ernie and his delicous wings & riblets!!!!

wheresdave
Mar 24 2009, 09:54 AM
I thought 3rd Coast was running this event?

JerryChesterson
Mar 24 2009, 11:36 AM
I thought 3rd Coast was running this event?

This event is part of an ongoing SADC/3rd Coast partnership. So is the San Antonio Bud Open. Both events are part of the 3rd Coast 12 pack series of events. 3rd Coast is running the SA Bud Open, SADC is running TACO.

JerryChesterson
May 04 2009, 07:20 PM
I am still in need of volunteers to assist with TACO. If you are interested in helping, please reply here or send me an email at [email protected] You can easily play and volunteer or if you are just interested in volunteering that's cool too. If you contacted me in the past about helping please hit me up again as I'm starting a new list of volunteers for this tourney.

JerryChesterson
May 04 2009, 11:32 PM
What's the verdict on T-Shirts? Do people like them? If so I am thinking about going off base with the T-Shirt ... thoughts on this logo (representing the Air Force given the base) for the back of the t-shirt.

RiX Perez
May 05 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm down Scotty!

Is there a Sponser letter/ agreement that can to go out?

I'll be getting more fliers out to the Sall and Nani this week also.

Tee's are cool... but I would only get one for my wife. I like my tees BIG and TALL!

Will the TACO logo be on the front of the shirt?

JerryChesterson
May 05 2009, 12:52 PM
Is there a Sponser letter/ agreement that can to go out?
Yes, I'll email that over to you and / or post it here this week.

I'll be getting more fliers out to the Sall and Nani this week also.
WORD!

Tee's are cool... but I would only get one for my wife. I like my tees BIG and TALL! Will the TACO logo be on the front of the shirt?
I was thinking the TACO logo small on the front pocket area and the Airforce style logo on the back. Shirts would be blue. Shirts would be included as a players pack item.

RiX Perez
May 05 2009, 01:29 PM
Cool... I'll do what I can.

Shirts sound fresh! Do you think that anyone in the Airforce would be offended? Just wondering.

JerryChesterson
May 05 2009, 02:11 PM
Cool... I'll do what I can.

Shirts sound fresh! Do you think that anyone in the Airforce would be offended? Just wondering.

Offended, I hope not ... flattered, Probably!

TXZRX1100
May 06 2009, 12:46 AM
That is a registered trade mark. I believe you would have to get permission to use it...

JerryChesterson
May 06 2009, 11:11 AM
That is a registered trade mark. I believe you would have to get permission to use it...

That would be true if ...

A) I was competing with the Air Force in the same industry and where using a "confusingly similar" (actual legal term) logo
or
B) Hadn't actually changed the logo (which it has been changed)

It is similar to when SNL parodies a new product with a similar logo to another product. Since there is no commercial aspect gained (the shirts are free) we are in the clear.

JerryChesterson
May 11 2009, 01:08 PM
SADC Members ... great job representing at the SA Bud Open! Now its time to make sure we do the same at TACO. Make sure to get signed up early to get a piece of that added cash.

opereida
May 11 2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Scott, I have the 4 water jugs that I will take out to Pearsall full of water and ice for TACO. Do you think we need some portable canopy's for some shade?

JerryChesterson
May 11 2009, 02:39 PM
Hey Scott, I have the 4 water jugs that I will take out to Pearsall full of water and ice for TACO. Do you think we need some portable canopy's for some shade?

Are you saying shade for the players or the water? I was going to ask if Jerry can bring his portable tent thing we used at the Throwdown and I plan on bring my tent thing too but we need those for staff. I think no matter how we look at it ... it is going to be a hot one!

hardways78222
May 11 2009, 10:18 PM
You know that I and my thingamajig will be there.

opereida
May 12 2009, 01:50 AM
Does anyone else have any portable canopy thingies we can use for TACO? I think it would be nice to maybe have a couple on the front 9 if possible for the players.

JerryChesterson
May 12 2009, 10:52 AM
Greg can you bring your water jug table out too?

Grog
May 12 2009, 11:46 AM
If I don't, Bird will.:D

Are we planning on doing doubles again the night before?

JerryChesterson
May 12 2009, 02:03 PM
Doubles = YES!

JerryChesterson
May 13 2009, 09:48 AM
Orlando -
Can you contact the mowing representative with the parks department. I played Pearsall yeaterday and the course is in need of a serious mowing. The grass is knee in many places. IT MUST GET MOWED PRIOR TO THE TOURNEY.

SADC Club Members -
We need to get a work day going out there. The course is littered with beer cans. I am thinking the week prior to the event. More details to follow.

opereida
May 13 2009, 01:13 PM
Orlando -
Can you contact the mowing representative with the parks department. I played Pearsall yeaterday and the course is in need of a serious mowing. The grass is knee in many places. IT MUST GET MOWED PRIOR TO THE TOURNEY.

SADC Club Members -
We need to get a work day going out there. The course is littered with beer cans. I am thinking the week prior to the event. More details to follow.

Will do and I will let you know the status as soon as I find out.

JerryChesterson
May 13 2009, 01:46 PM
Will do and I will let you know the status as soon as I find out.

Thanks El Presidente!

opereida
May 14 2009, 01:45 AM
Pearsall is scheduled to be mowed this week per SAPAR. They are also doing our course reservation letter and I will forward it to you once I get it. Can't wait for TACO!!!:D

JerryChesterson
May 14 2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks Bird!

JerryChesterson
May 21 2009, 11:00 AM
Entries are starting to roll in on a regular basis now. Don't forget that for AMs to guarantee a player's pack they need to be registered by May 25th.

Also this event is capped at 72 players. Don't get left out of this one!

Note: Player's Packs are not coming out of the entries.

Also, we've got at least one Junior signed up, let's get more.

JerryChesterson
May 21 2009, 08:10 PM
Played Pearsall this afternoon. The course was just recently mowed and is looking better.

There's a possibilty of we may have to alter a few holes, stayed tuned for more details.

JerryChesterson
May 26 2009, 09:57 AM
The Player's List has been updated with all player's who are currently signed up.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8709

If you think you've signed up and are not on the list, please contact me ASAP.

FYI .. Brandon I had to move you from Intermediate to Advanced due to your rating.

Don't forget the mini this Saturday, normally at McClain, is at Perasall. Same time, same costs. Come out and help due some trash clean up.

I'll also be out at the course each day this week so if you want to get some practicerounds in, just let me know.

Jethro33
May 26 2009, 10:52 PM
no problem . . . i guess i am just going to have to play better

JerryChesterson
May 26 2009, 10:56 PM
Keep playing 947 rated golf and you'll be just fine!

JerryChesterson
Jun 01 2009, 07:29 PM
Those of that indicated you're will to help out during the tourney here are the details ...

No need to show up too early. I'll need help with the raffle and basket CTP. That will be going on before in between and after rounds. Just let me know you are ready to help when you can.

opereida
Jun 02 2009, 12:28 AM
I will take out the 4 jugs full with ice and water. What holes do you want them at?

JerryChesterson
Jun 02 2009, 08:09 AM
Headquarters / Hole 1

Hole 5 Tee Box / Hole 11 Basket

Hole 9 Tee Box

Hole 14 Tee Box

Also if anyone has an extra water jug they can bring out that will be great too (please bring filled with water and ice ;)). The extras should just go out at the headquarters. We'll need someone to monitor the water between rounds to see if they need to get filled up again. We can use the Jeep to get out on the course to retrieve the jugs between rounds.

Lastly if anyone has an extra awning / tent / canopy thing ... we'll need as many of those at the headquarters as possible. The weather forecast is calling for 100 degrees and no clouds.

RiX Perez
Jun 02 2009, 08:56 AM
And I'm already burnt from the last few times out there!!!!!!

I don't have water jugs but I can bring gallons of water.... should help a bit anyway.

BTW is "Rack-Em and Stack-Em" going to be out there?

JerryChesterson
Jun 02 2009, 09:18 AM
No rack em stack em. This time its Ernie "One Shot" Hernandez doing BBQ.

Thanks for the water ... every little bit helps!

vinnie
Jun 04 2009, 10:18 AM
whats this course like.....not really heard much about it
I like playin a new golf course.....but would hate to play a course where the thumber is the best shot off the box

JerryChesterson
Jun 04 2009, 02:51 PM
The thumber isn't usefull on this course. Wind is usually the biggest factor on this course.

Holes 1 - 7 are wide open, 3 short, 2 medium, 2 long.
The rest are a mix of open and wooded type shots, some medium and some short. Lots of elavation changes.

I hear what you mean about thumber courses, I hate courses that are 100% wide open with nothing but bomb hyzers :p

hardways78222
Jun 04 2009, 10:44 PM
I've done a lot of work on the CTP basket & it really looks good. Crap I want to win it myself. Bring some money & your best shot. I want to win it myself !!!! What are the odds?

JerryChesterson
Jun 05 2009, 11:59 AM
We are going to have some Adult beverages available after the tourney. 3rd Coast is bringing some and I am bringing some. If anyone has a really large cooler that we can use to keep the beer on ice please bring it. I'll supply the ice and the beer but the coolers I have just aren't big enough. I know Jerry is bringing his GINORMOUS cooler but we could use one or two more. Thanks in advance.

http://www.partypronto.com/Food%20service/Ice_Chest_100_qt_white.jpg

P.S. ginormous really is a word: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ginormous

JerryChesterson
Jun 07 2009, 03:33 PM
Again I want to extend thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers who helped make this event a great one.

Budweiser
SADC
3rd Coast
LODGA
Waterloo
Team Justice
TitleDISC
Innova
Discraft
Brandon Tull - Doubles & General Help
Micah Samuelson - General Help
Jason Smith - General Help
Grant - General Help
Orlando Pereida - Water
Jerry Lively (who donated a basket!!!!!!!)
Rick Perez - Mr. Flyers at the Course
I'm sure there are others that I am forgetting, rest assured your help is always appreciated and we couldn't do it without you.

Special thanks to my wife (taking a que from John Houck)! Without you none of this would be possible.

Special thanks to Ernie "One Shot" Hernandez who I forgot to thank during the awards. One Shot cooked up lunch for everyone and it was, as usual, delicous! He also helped bribe the park police with his wings so they allowed us to have some delicous adult beverages after the rounds where complete.

It was a hot one yesterday but I think things ran pretty smoothly considering the elevation changes on the course. Next time we do a tourney at this course we'll look for a winter date :eek:.

Again, on behalf of the San Antonio Disc Club ... THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OUR GROWING CLUB! You can continue to expect bigger and better things from us in the months and years to come.

Results Are Posted (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8709&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open)

SAP
Jun 08 2009, 02:17 PM
Great Tourney Scott!!!!! Everyone had a blast and good times!!! Thanks again for sharing the adult beverages..........keep hitting those ACES!!!!!

3rd Coast see ya in Beeville, I love this series! Thanks for everything!

CGPRush
Jun 15 2009, 04:27 PM
Results Are Posted (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8709&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open)

No round ratings?!?!?:eek:

I wish I could have been there to play.
Thanks goes to JC and all the staff who ran the tournament.

JerryChesterson
Jun 15 2009, 04:52 PM
No round ratings?!?!?:eek:

I wish I could have been there to play.
Thanks goes to JC and all the staff who ran the tournament.

We have to review this everytime :)

Once the results have been submitted and the reating scutt off happens, the round ratings go away until the event is added to your rating. Basically just wait until the next ratings update and they'll come back.