kvflyer
Mar 09 2009, 04:06 PM
This year Yucaipa Regional Park is holding its 1st Annual Yucaipa Open. The event will be held on March 28th & 29th. The player�s package will contain a T-shirt, mini and disc for every player. There will be a temporary course set up on the west side of lake by the camp grounds. We will play two rounds on Saturday, Ams will tee-off on Course 1 and Pros will tee off on Course 2 at 9 am , there will be an hour break between rounds, and one round on Sunday tee off at 9 am. There will be a final nine for the open pro and adv am only. Check in starts at 7am at near camp ground, with player meeting at 8:30 am and tee off at 9 am. Awards will follow the Sunday round. Field is limited to 149 players for the weekend. Please get your entry forms in as soon as possible. Thanks and hope to see you all out there!!!! :cool:

kvflyer
Mar 09 2009, 04:12 PM
Here is a copy of the sign up form:
http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/sub-pages/Forms2009/2009yucaipa.pdf

ANHYZER
Mar 09 2009, 05:23 PM
Just played this course for the first time yesterday...Super fun course, wish I would have known about it sooner. Entry form is on the way...

stringfinger
Mar 10 2009, 12:55 PM
Imm Ready ... Am1 course is the permanent one no changes.?tanx

kvflyer
Mar 22 2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry I didn't read your response earlier. They have put in the extra pin placements and the concrete tee pads. Thanks to Keith Gregori and Chance Stephens. There are 2 pin placements now for each hole. A short one and a long one. For the tournament we will be playing both set ups. Hope you enjoy. We will see you out there.

ANHYZER
Mar 23 2009, 12:45 PM
Are there any maps for the temporary layout? Are pros playing any of the original course, or will it be alternate tees for every hole on the permanent course?

discette
Mar 23 2009, 04:04 PM
This just in ....There will be no temporary course played this weekend in Yucaipa. All players will be playing the "permanent" course for all three rounds, but some pins will be moving between rounds.

ANHYZER
Mar 23 2009, 05:47 PM
Cool...I've at least played that course once. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rhett
Mar 23 2009, 06:53 PM
This just in ....There will be no temporary course played this weekend in Yucaipa. All players will be playing the "permanent" course for all three rounds, but some pins will be moving between rounds.

I hope that means a 90 player limit total for all divisions am and pro combined. :)

I'd hate to think they are going to pro and am flights and that some people will get there at 7:00 only to find they don't play until noon. :(

Please let us know. Sunday schedule is an important factor in my tournament selection process.

ANHYZER
Mar 23 2009, 08:19 PM
There are 19 holes, so 95 total could work...

JonnyHyzer
Mar 24 2009, 02:38 AM
All Divisions will be playing at the same time. Three rounds on the permanent course; two on Saturday and one on Sunday. There will be a final nine for the Pro's and AM1's I believe on Sunday. The pin locations will be switched up for each round, and the Final Nine will be a saffari set-up. The course is in the long pin postions right now. I put together a map with all the pin locations, which will be on the tourney scorecards.

You can view/copy the map from here:

http://photos.mx711.com/albums/userpics/...20Course%29.jpg (http://photos.mx711.com/albums/userpics/10001/Yuciapa%20DG%20Course%20Map%20%28Tournament%20Cour se%29.jpg)

-Jon

rhett
Mar 24 2009, 01:28 PM
All Divisions will be playing at the same time. Three rounds on the permanent course; two on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Sweet. Thanks for letting us know. :)

emerald_isle
Mar 24 2009, 03:45 PM
Anyone headed up there before tournament
please contact me at Emerald Isle (760) 721-4700

rhett
Mar 29 2009, 10:46 PM
A huge thanks to Kerri Vogel for stepping up and taking over a few short days ago to make sure this event happened. Kerri, Bert, and Suzette did a great job. Huge thanks also to Kerri's friend Mike for providing the awesome tournament central and helping out.

The Stroh Clan had a fantastic time in a beatiful park. Thanks again. :)

the_kid
Mar 30 2009, 02:53 PM
I had a great time just thinking about this event.................

kvflyer
Mar 30 2009, 08:12 PM
I had a great time just thinking about this event.................

I'm glad to hear that!
With out the help of ALL the volunteers, it would not have gone as good. Thanks to everyone who helped with the course changes and at headquaters.
NEXT YEARS WILL ONLY BE BETTER!!!! ;)
Until then - Blue Skies and Long Drives

kvflyer
Mar 30 2009, 08:19 PM
Here are the people you ALL should be thanking:
Keith Gregori(Tee Pads), Suzette, Chance Stephens, Bert Cotton, Jon Berg, Mike Mayron, The Strohs, Brittany Breed, Brendon Wear, Indigo Brude, Chris Calleton (My CADDY w/o you I could not have played) Kevin Beath, James, Bill Maury-Holmes, and everyone that helped during the Pro Rounds when I wasn't there. They know who they are but I don't. So if I forgot to list you, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

evan_lost
Apr 02 2009, 01:49 AM
Congrats to Bobby Musick for his southern California return!