Duncan, Ok
PDGA B Tier Ams/C Tier Pros
March 28-29

All Pros- $50
All Advanced- $45
All Intermediate- $40
All Recreational- $35
Junior- $25

Celebrate 10 great years of Earth, Wind and Fire with the DLHO and Twisted Flyer

$15,000 Hole In One presented by Twisted Flyer

Breakfast and lunch available

Jay Slack Taco Bar Saturday Night

Open Mic Saturday Night hosted by Sally Majestic�s own PJ Fry

Camping is $5 a night and is paid on site

Sign up online at TwistedFlyer.com or on the morning of the event from 7:45-8:45

shakenbake54
Mar 02 2009, 10:17 PM
Work day?????????????????????????????????????????Is Johnny Z brush hoggin?

Twisted1
Mar 03 2009, 11:58 AM
Johnny Z looking to mow soon. Our friends with weed eaters are welcomed anytime. Just pm me when you can make it out. I will work with Johnny on an official work day.

Twisted1
Mar 05 2009, 03:31 PM
Johnny will be mowing next Wedesday and Thursday so if we could get some Rock SuperStars to go out there this weekend it would be cool. If anyone is available to go on Saturday we can knock out some of the lopping that needs to be done prior to getting there. PM me if your interested.

Twisted1
Mar 11 2009, 06:55 PM
Looking for volunteers to help get Duncan ready for action, Holding a workday this Saturday. This year the workday is after Johnny mows in hopes of saving time and expanding on his great efforts. The following is what we need most...

Permanant Course = Weedeaters thru fairways 3,4,5,6 and the greens on 10 and 14. Loppers on the pathways to trim back a few vines.

Alternate Course = Weedeaters thru fairways 4,5,6,7 and 3's green. Loppers where needed on the wooded holes.

As we all know each year we get NO SUPPORT from the City of Duncan to get the course ready. Johnny breaks his back each year to make sure we can still hold Oklahoma's Biggest, Best Disc Golf party. Anyone who can help is greatly appreciated. Never know what could happen at a work day... Last year there was random prizes and food. :D

bravo
Mar 12 2009, 01:47 PM
not to mention a random round of golf
i'm glad i played then after working on the course as i didn't get to play the tourny

Twisted1
Mar 14 2009, 09:53 PM
Word is the work day for Saturday went well. Thanks to Larry, Roy, Dusty, Chris,Stan, Tina, Jade and anyone else I missed. They got the weedeating done on Permanant course.

Sunday crew will hopefully get the temp done. I will have a crew there next weekend trying to finish up lopping etc.

It's DLHO Time Baby!!! 10th Annual Style!!!

Twisted1
Mar 17 2009, 10:55 AM
Sunday went well out at Oklahomas most beautiful courses. Jake C, King, Red, Foggy, Yardsale, and Marty got some tasks checked off for us. Johnny has mowed both courses as of last night. The permanent course is DONE and ready for play!!! The temp course will need a little weedeating and lopping and the grounds will need a quick once over to make sure this event is cozzy, comfy, competitive and of course Twisted!

We will be out this weekend (crew on Saturday and one on Sunday)if you have time during the week and want to help anything on the temp. course will help!

Thanks to everyone who has helped and will be at the event keeping an Oklahoma Tradition alive and well on Oklahomas most beautiful course! remember they call it the HillClimber for a reason!

Twisted1
Mar 19 2009, 10:31 AM
After talking with Johnny last night we are going to try and make the temp course the SECOND permanant course! The basket DONATED by Twisted Flyer will be put in the ground sometime this week or on the workday on Sunday.

Work is ongoing out there that is going to make this 10th Anniversary the BEST DLHO yet.

The lopper crew has made sure you can see the breath taking views of the Lake from many spots on the course! Did I mention the Jay Slack Taco Bar? :D

Celebrate progress!!!

Twisted1
Mar 19 2009, 11:17 AM
This event is a SOUTHERN NATIONAL QUALIFIER! You don't want to miss the final in ARKANSAS again this year!

Twisted1
Mar 22 2009, 10:21 PM
The 1st perm. hole was planted today on #7 by Johnny Zumwalt and Marty Dayhoff. The Norman crew once again kicked it up a notch and came out to help. EVERYTHING is ready to ROC or ROCK (depending on whats in your bag). Thanks to everyone that has put some sweat into the 10th Annual DLHO :cool:

DLHO will SHINE this year as the tradition continues. Johnny is working harder and is happier than ever and we are all luckier than ever to be doing what we are fittin' to do! Hot water heaters are working in all shower facilities, food lined up for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday... same great cooks, same great price!

FRIDAY DOUBLES IS AS FOLLOWS.

BRING your OWN Partner (BYOP!!!) $15.00 per TEAM. FLEX START from NOON until 5:30 PM. All Pro's paid out in CASH $$$ all AM'S PAID OUT IN INNOVA FIRST RUN PLASTIC at no UP charge!!!
Yep... you read this right.

Innova always keeps it TWISTED and this year will be no different. Great players packs (this pack will be a FIRST for Duncan)Great Innova payout. Twisted side games, night games and of course what happens in Duncan stays in Duncan... unless you take pics home!

Camp sites will be filling starting on Wednesday... GET YOU SOME!

Twisted1
Mar 24 2009, 01:55 PM
Andy Newberry will be hosting the Putting Bracket Challenge this year. It will be FRIDAY NIGHT entry is $2.00 per player, 100% pay-out with added merchandise from Twisted Flyer. THANKS ANDY!

shakenbake54
Mar 25 2009, 11:12 AM
anyone heard if there is a burn ban?

twoputtok
Mar 25 2009, 11:34 AM
Looks to be a little wet and cold up to Sunday with Sat being windy.

Fri
Mar 27
T-Storms 70% percipitation
49�
31�

Sat
Mar 28 0% percipitation
Mostly Cloudy / Wind
47�
29�

Sun
Mar 29 0% percipitation
Sunny
70�
47�

Martin_Norris
Mar 25 2009, 12:56 PM
Everybody get on down to Duncan! they are predicting snow up in the Tulsa area for Saturday so go hang out in a warmer place.

Twisted1
Mar 25 2009, 06:07 PM
I am with you SideArm! TwoPutt don't worry about the weather here... you'll be in "Honeysville". Oklahoma weather folks are usually wrong to some degree, so let's hope for the best.

With the rain this week Johnny is checking on the ban with the Ranger.
:D

Southpaw527
Mar 26 2009, 12:47 PM
This is my first Hillclimber and I have not heard of the putting bracket challenge... How do you compete?

twoputtok
Mar 26 2009, 01:14 PM
Make as many putts as possible. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

shakenbake54
Mar 26 2009, 02:26 PM
Joe can you go ahead and make the 15,000 check out to cash. I'm afraid that when I ace it might bump me into a different tax bracket.

Twisted1
Mar 26 2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks Gary!!!

We will shut online sign ups off tonight at 8pm. Sign up tomorrow during doubles time or Saturday morning. See yall soon!!!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/twistedflyer/dUNCANCREW.jpg

Hard Working Duncan Crew!

Twisted1
Mar 26 2009, 10:41 PM
Due to a communication error there will be no dinner served Friday night. The chow trailer will not be set up and ready to serve until Saturday for breakfast. They will have a full compliment of hot drinks, energy drinks and snacks to keep you going in between meals.

Don't forget the Jay Slack Taco Bar on Saturday night.

10th Annual DLHO, hope to see yall there!!

Twisted1
Mar 27 2009, 07:16 AM
Come to Duncan and miss the biggest parts of the Storm. Chance of rain on saturday, totally clear and warm on Sunday! Everyone travel safe!

mtreat
Mar 28 2009, 12:07 AM
Joe is right, the weather will shape up pretty quick..

With 81 players pre-registered, this is going to be a big event...

Twisted1
Mar 28 2009, 09:03 AM
Well the scary BLIZZARD came and went. Yes it was cold, but ONLY A SPECK OF SNOW FELL HERE. Courses handled it well and things are getting better by the second. Come on out to play DUNCAN! The hill is filling up!

Twisted1
Mar 28 2009, 09:22 PM
Today just got better and better. The SUN is out and it is totally dry here now. 126 Disc Golf Warriors came out to have a totally awesome day! We will get the scores up soon. Jay Slacks Taco Bar is in full effect!

It's going to be NICE here manyana!!!

skinner
Mar 29 2009, 08:51 AM
Speaking of manyana...when does the first round start?

Twisted1
Mar 29 2009, 09:42 AM
All signs say 9:15 at your holes. Nothing like waking to a very clear sunny day! Still chilly but quickly headed to 70 degrees today! Someone might win $15,000.00 today!!!

Twisted1
Mar 30 2009, 10:16 PM
We would like to thank all 126 players and their familes who came out and continued the DLHO tradition of good times, good golf and more good times. Although Mother Nature reared her ugly head and caused some of our friends to stay home we all had a good time just the same. This year saw players from Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas playing in the rain, snow and beautiful sun. Johnny and Marty and all the volunteers had the courses looking superb. Thank you to Innova and Revolution Disc Golf bags for sponsorship.

Friday Doubles results for Pro's were 1st Greg Winsworth/ Coda Hatfield. 2nd PJ Fry/Brad Bishop and 3rd Jay Slack/Chris Wagle. Am results were 1st Ryan Jessie Bernettt/River Sky Eagle, Tied for 2nd Bubba/ Matt and Jack/Jeremy.

Most Fun Award went to Steve Dig King.

Newberry Putting Bracket winners were Mike Bloom and Andy Barnett.

The EDGE basket throw off went to Jason Pee Wee Akbaran. He aced the shot to win a Discatcher Traveler basket and a 2009 Green Country Open Eco Star Groove sponosred by the TDSA.

Some of the gems from Twisted1's personal collection were dropped into the raffle, including a Discatcher Traveler basket, Japan Open Rocs and numerous Innova first run discs. Thank you to Jay Slack for also donating two hand made glass mini's from Slack Glass.

Once again the $15,000 Hole In One went un-hit. Mike Bloom started on the hole and took a practice shot 6 minutes before he teed off and he HIT IT!! 6 minutes to early. Heartbreaking to say the least. When Jade Morris had his turn he hit the tub, just inches too low. Good runs, but the money doesn't go home with anyone.

3 aces were hit over the weekend. Greg Winsworth, John A Logan III and Andy Newberry all banged it in for a 1.

Results are up at PDGA.com.

Thanks again for wonderful 10th Annual Duncan Lake Hillclimber Open. We can't wait to see you next year!

Twisted1
Mar 30 2009, 10:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY Z!!!

coda_hatfield
Mar 31 2009, 11:33 AM
What a weekend!!! Cold, windy, and still fun!! Not too many places that you can still enjoy yourself with those conditions!!! Course looked good as always, can't wait till the temp course is permanent!!!

Happy B-Day Johnny Z!!!

seewhere
Mar 31 2009, 11:59 AM
The EDGE basket throw off went to Jason Pee Wee Akbaran. He aced the shot to win a Discatcher

way to go Pee wee