DISConnected
Feb 19 2009, 07:56 PM
The format for the new League is shaping up...here's a taste:

Starts March 24th - Tuesdays at UC, Thursdays at Live Oak
Three divisions:
Pro ($12 entry)
Advanced ($10 entry)
Rec ($7 entry)

There will be three "sessions" to the league.

Spring session - singles both nights. Of the 16 events we will use your best 10 scores to compute an average score. If you play less than 10 rounds, we'll just use them all. Then the averages will be ranked by division, and there will be bonus points based on order of finish. The bonus points go toward the overall league ranking. That's the spring session.

After a couple of weeks off, the summer session starts and goes another 8 weeks. In the summer, on tuesdays its "bagger" average singles. We will take everyones's average score from the spring league, rank them top to bottom and split them into thirds. Top third must play pro on tuesdays. Middle third must play advanced or above, and bottom third should probably just play rec, but can play anywhere. We'll play 8 tuesdays, take your best 5 scores, and average them. Then we will award bonus points based on order of finish. These points also go toward the league.

Thursdays in the summer will be random draw pro-am doubles at Live Oak. No league points.

Then we have the summer break. We are planning to move the river party to around August, when it's nice and hot, instead of having it in the fall. The club will rent the campground in Gruene for the weekend and put up some money for food.

Then the fall session will start, which will be:

Tuesdays - $5 Fun nights at UC. Plain old random draw doubles with cash payout. No extra fees, just $5 to play.
no league points.

Thursdays - Mystery singles with league bonus points. Might be another bracketed deal, dont know yet.

Then at the end we'll rank each division by bonus points and award trophies to the top 3 in each division.

So that's an overview for now, still polishing up the details. More later.

DISConnected
Mar 05 2009, 09:35 PM
Practice up...

Tuesday, March 24th UC
Thursday, March 26th Live Oak

The Spring Session
8 weeks, 16 rounds
take your best 10 scores, lowest average score wins the spring

All rounds count for league play. You will earn points in the exact way that the PDGA calculates ratings. The idea here is that we are practicing for tournaments, and that is how tournaments are scored.

Divisions:
Open - $12 ($9 payout, $1 ace pot, $1 CTP, $1 club) cash payout
Advanced - $10 (7/1/1/1) merch points payout
Rec - $7 (4/1/1/1) merch points payout

I should add at this point that the city of UC has purchased 48 acres along the creek and beyond holes C,D,and E.

The immediate plan is to move the 3 front holes 1, 2, and 18 to that section of the park. The longer range plan is a little vague at this point, but the city has been receptive to the idea of expanding the course to 27 or maybe even 36 holes.

Therefore our goal this year with the league is to build up our funds so that we can expand into this new area. It is flood plain but it has great potential. So that is where your club funds from the league are headed. Expanding the sport we love, for all of us to enjoy.

DISConnected
Mar 05 2009, 10:02 PM
Oh yea, almost forgot...ace pot:

The ace pot will not roll over. If you hit an ace, you get paid. No waiting until the end of summer. Whatever is in the ace pot when you hit it, that's what you get. Old school.

If no aces are hit during the spring, we will draw for it. Everyone who played will get one lottery ticket for every round you played. The more times you play, the more chances you have. The awards ceremony will be at a fun-night mini with food and refreshments, which will be within a week or so after the end of the session. You do NOT have to be present to win.

JerryChesterson
Mar 05 2009, 10:05 PM
Therefore our goal this year with the league is to build up our funds so that we can expand into this new area. It is flood plain but it has great potential. So that is where your club funds from the league are headed. Expanding the sport we love, for all of us to enjoy.

Nice!

JerryChesterson
Mar 10 2009, 12:13 PM
Is there a minimum number of rounds to qualify? What if I go shot a super hot -10 the first week can I just then not play anymore and be deemed the league winner? Also is it average score or average rating or what? I am confused as to how one earns points? Will any of this effect the payouts or will that process remain unchanged from last year?

DISConnected
Mar 10 2009, 02:03 PM
Under the current rules, a single hot round could win the spring session, but it will not win the league.

The spring session is based on average score.

The league points system is based on order of finish. Last place pro will receive 8 points, each place above will get an additional 8 points per place. So if there were 5 pros playing, fourth place gets 16 points, third 24, second 32, first place 40. (Assuming no ties.)

The points work the same for each division, but the points values change to 6 points for advanced and 4 for recreational.

This method will compensate for players who change divisions during the year. Points do not affect payout, and payout has no bearing on points. Last year, league standings were based on payout. That will not be the case this year. The points system rewards players who play more often, and at the same time rewards those who place higher.

We might need to address the "one hot round" scenario with a rule that specifies a minimum number of rounds to qualify, as you suggested.

JerryChesterson
Mar 10 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the info.

JerryChesterson
Mar 18 2009, 11:47 AM
What is the start time? 6:00 PM

DISConnected
Mar 18 2009, 02:03 PM
yes, sign up by 5:45

DISConnected
Mar 24 2009, 12:14 PM
Tonight is opening night!!

I need to post this correction:

The spring session is based on average score.

The league points system is based on order of finish. Last place pro will receive 8 points, each place above will get an additional 8 points per place. So if there were 5 pros playing, fourth place gets 16 points, third 24, second 32, first place 40. (Assuming no ties.)

The points work the same for each division, but the points values change to 6 points for advanced and 4 for recreational.

Either I was incorrect earlier, or we have changed the way the Spring League will be scored. We will not be using average score to determine winners. We will be using the points method instead.

How many times you play and how you do relative to your competition will reflect in your league points. This is the better way to measure success, in my opinion.

We will still track the average score and use the best 10 rounds to determine what division you need to play in for the summer singles league.

TD's will have a copy of the rules available, and I will get it posted online in the next day or so.

CGPRush
Mar 24 2009, 01:35 PM
I think league nights are as effective in bringing rain as washing your car. :p :mad::D

Jethro33
Mar 24 2009, 02:26 PM
i know its been raining but league play is still a go. . . right?

DISConnected
Mar 24 2009, 02:34 PM
It's a go. This will be moving on out of here.

JerryChesterson
Mar 24 2009, 02:37 PM
i know its been raining but league play is still a go. . . right?

I was thinking the same thing. That was just 2 years ago

CGPRush
Mar 24 2009, 05:14 PM
Can't wait anymore, leaving now.
Disc on!

Laura12670
Mar 25 2009, 05:26 PM
WELL.... HOW DID IT GO LAST NIGHT?

Heard 36 golfers?

Good job LODGA!!!

Sorry couldn't make it too tired and sun burned from Red Rock... :D:D

DISConnected
Mar 25 2009, 07:53 PM
Yep and the ace pot is already back to zero.

Ben Lefler hits ace #1 of the season on hole #1.

Good times.

CGPRush
Mar 26 2009, 12:39 PM
I think league nights are as effective in bringing rain as washing your car. :p :mad::D

My theory is (unfortunately) holding up:
- Tuesday = league night = rain
- Wednesday = no league night = no rain
- Thursday = league night = rain

But remember, league nights are like Ice Bowls - NO WIMPS NO WHINERS!

Laura12670
Mar 26 2009, 03:40 PM

My theory is (unfortunately) holding up:
- Tuesday = league night = rain
- Wednesday = no league night = no rain
- Thursday = league night = rain

But remember, league nights are like Ice Bowls - NO WIMPS NO WHINERS!

My theory has always been if you want it to rain hold an event at LIVE OAK!!! :D:cool::D

DISConnected
Mar 26 2009, 04:23 PM
It's a go. This will be moving on out of here.

DISConnected
Mar 28 2009, 08:48 PM
First week League results are posted (http://www.lodga.com/league.htm)

DISConnected
Mar 30 2009, 04:53 PM
I just found out that excel was not handling the points calculation correctly with respect to ties.

I have the formula worked out now and I will post corrected points totals tonight.

DISConnected
Mar 30 2009, 07:24 PM
All fixed. (http://www.lodga.com/league.htm)

DISConnected
Apr 05 2009, 05:48 PM
Standings are up thru 3/31 (http://www.lodga.com/league.htm)

DISConnected
Apr 11 2009, 12:42 PM
Standings are now current thru 4/10 (http://www.lodga.com/league.htm)

DISConnected
Apr 20 2009, 10:36 PM
Standings are up thru 4/17 (http://www.lodga.com/league.htm)

DISConnected
May 01 2009, 06:27 PM
Standings are caught up thru Friday 4/24
Rounds are posted thru Tuesday 4/28
go to www.lodga.com/league

We have a dogfight in basically every division. The points system is making things very interesting.

Two weeks left to play in the Spring Session. We will have some rewards for the top finishers of this session, but the points carry over to the Summer Session. We keep on accumulating points all the through to the fall.

In the Summer session, we will be mixing up the format a little, just to keep it interesting.

DISConnected
May 06 2009, 11:57 AM
Summer League

6/9 to 7/28

----------------------------------------------------------
Tuesdays at UC: No-Baggers-One-Pay Singles
----------------------------------------------------------

Pay one time and you�re in for all 8 minis. Payment is due the first mini you play.

Open $40, ($5 to club, $35 to payout in cash)
Advanced $35 ($5 to club, $30 to payout in merchandise)
Rec $30 ($5 to club, $25 to payout in merchandise)

You may have to move up based on your Spring scoring average.
We will calculate using the Pellman method as soon as the Spring session has ended.

There will be prizes for the Summer session winners.
Points continue to accumulate toward league awards.

There is no ace pot or CTP for this session. You must play 5 minis to qualify for payout.
There is no payout until the end of the Summer session.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thursdays at LO: $5 Beat-the-Heat Pro Am Doubles
-----------------------------------------------------------------

$6 Entry, $5 payout/$1 club, regardless of division
No CTP, No Ace pot
No league points for doubles.

If there are two pros on a card, they have a 2 stroke penalty.
If two recreational players on a card, they have a 2 stroke advantage.
Advanced players play straight up, no strokes.
If there is a card with a pro and an advanced, they have a 1 stroke penalty.

JerryChesterson
May 06 2009, 12:41 PM
What about 1 pro and one rec?

DISConnected
May 06 2009, 12:52 PM
1 pro = +1 stroke
1 rec = -1 stroke

So the strokes cancel each other out, they play straight up.

JerryChesterson
May 06 2009, 02:01 PM
Nice ... this looks like fun!

DISConnected
May 08 2009, 07:07 PM
The standings are up through 5/1.

PS I sure hope this message board upgrade was cheap.

DISConnected
May 11 2009, 11:46 PM
Standings are up thru 5/8

www.lodga.com

DISConnected
May 16 2009, 07:56 PM
Spring League final stats are up at www.lodga.com

I just ordered 200 discs, expecting them in about 10 days.

There have been no aces for a while, the ace pot stands at $236.

What happens is that we draw for it. For each mini you played, you will get a raffle ticket.

We will split it 3 ways and give it all away. You do not have to be present to win.

Not sure of the date yet, but it will be in the next 2 weeks.

DISConnected
May 16 2009, 08:34 PM
Congrats to the winners of the Spring session!

Keith Baker, Open
Jerrod Votion, Advanced
Cris "no last name" Recreational

Points reset to zero for Summer Session but carry over for League Championship.

DISConnected
May 20 2009, 05:50 PM
Next Thursday, the 28th

Live Oak

We'll be grilling some burgers after the mini.

Also since no aces were hit the last part of the Spring, we will be giving away the ace pot of $236 by random drawing.
No feats of skill required.

For each time you played a mini this Spring, you get one chance at the cash.

We will draw two winners and split it 60/40, so the winner will get $142, the runner up gets $94.

You do not need to be present to win.

Also, hopefully the stock order of discs will be in by then. If so, I will bring as much as I can cram into my car, so that ams can spend some points.

JHouston
May 21 2009, 08:01 PM
Hey B is there a live oak score card
out there anymore?

Grog
May 21 2009, 11:00 PM
I have printable files for LO, UC, Mc, Nani, Bandera, Pearsall, both DG courses in Temple Tx, and I might have a pdf of Boerne. I know I have hard copy for Boerne. Tell me what you need.

JerryChesterson
May 22 2009, 09:48 AM
Next Thursday, the 28th

Live Oak

We'll be grilling some burgers after the mini.

Also since no aces were hit the last part of the Spring, we will be giving away the ace pot of $236 by random drawing.
No feats of skill required.

For each time you played a mini this Spring, you get one chance at the cash.

We will draw two winners and split it 60/40, so the winner will get $142, the runner up gets $94.

You do not need to be present to win.

Also, hopefully the stock order of discs will be in by then. If so, I will bring as much as I can cram into my car, so that ams can spend some points.

Is there a mini on 05/28? An earlier post said the Summer session doesn't start until 06/09.

JHouston
May 22 2009, 10:28 AM
headed out to LO going to play all of the holes if any one if off today. Headed out there shortly give me a call if you want to hook up 210 705 3598

JerryChesterson
May 29 2009, 01:15 PM
I heard a rumor I won $94 last night from the Spring Ace Pot? If true can you just deduct the $40 for the Summer League from that?

Total Ace Monies Won since 04/01/2009
$75 - THC Throwdown
$605 - San Antonio Bud Open
$94 - LODGA Spring League

This will translate into free beer at TACO on 06/06/2009. :)

DISConnected
May 29 2009, 03:32 PM
You might want to buy some lottery tickets, or book a Vegas trip!!

On the league entry, yes, we can do that.

JerryChesterson
May 29 2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks Brian. I know .. the aces have paid for my hotel, gas, and enty for worlds!

Grog
May 29 2009, 04:36 PM
I've been considering a "Scott not allowed" poker game myself.:D

JerryChesterson
May 29 2009, 04:56 PM
I've been considering a "Scott not allowed" poker game myself.:D
Trust me, you don't want to play poker against me. Just ask Pete, Randall, & El Chille :)

DISConnected
Jun 02 2009, 02:28 PM
Summer League Starts Tonight!

To make it a little easier for everyone, you do not have to pay for the Tuesday nights all at once.

As long as you are paid in full by the third week, you are good. This applies to Tuesdays only since Tuesdays in the summer are of the one-pay format.

We are able to provide this extra convenience since there is no payout until the end.

So dont let that skinny wallet keep you from playing!!

DISConnected
Jun 03 2009, 10:57 AM
Lots of questions last night about format, so just to clarify, this is how the Summer League Tuesdays will work:

1. You must play at least 5 of the 8 Tuesday events to qualify for payout.
2. If you play more than 5 events, your best 5 scores count for Summer standings.
3. Rankings for the Summer Session (Tuesdays only) is based on total score of your best 5 rounds.
4. ALL rounds count for overall league points. Points work the same as in the Spring.

Pros will be paid in cash, top 40% of the field. Advanced and Rec will be paid in merchandise, top 50% of the field.

We can take new players up until there are less than 5 weeks left, since after that it's too late to qualify for cash.

DISConnected
Jun 04 2009, 03:29 PM
PRO/AM Random Draw doubles Tonight at Live Oak

$6 Entry for all divisions / $5 Cash payout all divisions ($1 to Club)

See you there!

DISConnected
Jun 11 2009, 10:38 AM
The players have spoken:

Starting tonight, format for Thursday summer league:

Plain old Random Draw.

Not pro/am, no strokes.

$5 a head (plus $1 club fee).

I will be there with 4 bins of discs. Get em while they're still warm.

DISConnected
Jun 18 2009, 12:00 PM
Now that most people have paid up, we can start looking at payout. Here's how it looks:

Open division - total paid in $491, if all 15 players who are currently in end up qualifying, and paying 40% of the field, it comes out to:

1st place - $175
2nd - $120
3rd - $80
4th - $65
5th - $50
6th - $35

Advanced - total paid in $195, with 8 players, and paying 50% of the field:

1st place - $100
2nd - $60
3rd - $45
4th - $35

Keep in mind, this could change if more people come in, or some dont qualify by playing at least 5 rounds.

And if you havent gotten in yet, Tuesday the 23rd is the last week you can get in and still qualify.

Jethro33
Jun 26 2009, 11:01 AM
whats the positioning look like so far for the summer league?

DISConnected
Jun 26 2009, 11:07 AM
I did not get this weeks results yet, but through last week is posted:

http://www.lodga.com/league.htm click on "Summer".

DISConnected
Jun 26 2009, 11:12 AM

DISConnected
Jun 26 2009, 11:13 AM

Jethro33
Jun 26 2009, 12:27 PM
thanks.

DISConnected
Jun 30 2009, 11:48 AM
This year we are once again renting the campground in Gruene for our League Party.

In years past, this weekend event has been in October or November, after the League is over. What we are doing differently this year is moving it to August 8-9 so that it will be nice and hot, for swimming. This weekend is after the Summer league is over, and before the fall league starts. We chose this weekend because it does not conflict with any tournaments.

If you have not been out there before, it is great. It is a beautiful setting on the river, under a canopy of huge Oak and Pecan trees. Over the years, we have designed a sweet course with portable baskets, so there will be golf played.

We will have a BBQ and golf, and camping is available. More details later, but mark your calendar.

DISConnected
Jul 03 2009, 12:51 PM
Summer League standings are up to date.

DISConnected
Jul 18 2009, 11:27 AM
This year we are once again renting the campground in Gruene for our League Party.

In years past, this weekend event has been in October or November, after the League is over. What we are doing differently this year is moving it to August 8-9 so that it will be nice and hot, for swimming. This weekend is after the Summer league is over, and before the fall league starts. We chose this weekend because it does not conflict with any tournaments.

If you have not been out there before, it is great. It is a beautiful setting on the river, under a canopy of huge Oak and Pecan trees. Over the years, we have designed a sweet course with portable baskets, so there will be golf played.

We will have a BBQ and golf, and camping is available. More details later, but mark your calendar.

Two things: Reminder about the above August 8-9 in Gruene and also the Tuesday League standings are up to date.

JerryChesterson
Jul 19 2009, 04:11 PM
Two things: Reminder about the above August 8-9 in Gruene and also the Tuesday League standings are up to date.

What is the plan for the 9th? Will the BBQ / mini / swimming be on the 8th?

DISConnected
Jul 21 2009, 11:46 AM
No Plan/yes.

What we have done in the past is throw a briskit or two on the smoker early Saturday morning. People start showing up late morning till whenever.

In the afternoon, 18 holes of golf, then some swimming and hanging out until the food is ready. After we eat, then the nighttime activities begin.

Sunday there is usually a morning round.

Overall there is no schedule, it's pretty loose and relaxing.

Hope that helps.

JerryChesterson
Jul 21 2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for in the info Brian. I am trying to coordinate an activity in Helotes for a potential new course there and want to make sure there is as little conflict as possible with the timing.

DISConnected
Jul 29 2009, 02:19 PM
Summer league final results are up here:

http://www.lodga.com/summerstandings.htm

Fall League starts August 11th.

Fall League format: Singles, mixed cards. (both nights)
Tuesdays at Universal City
Thursdays at Live Oak

Divisions:
Open - $12 ($9 cash payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)
Advanced - $10 ($7 merchandise payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)
Recreational - $7 ($4 merchandise payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)

League points formula (same as Spring league)

opereida
Jul 29 2009, 10:48 PM
Is there doubles at LO tomorrow?

DISConnected
Jul 30 2009, 10:34 AM
No doubles today or next week.

I recommend you stay home and make another batch of home brew.

opereida
Jul 30 2009, 08:14 PM
Getting ready to bottle another 5 gallon batch of Apricot Wheat. I have a Pale Ale that is fit for consumption.....wanna try one?:)

DISConnected
Aug 01 2009, 12:02 PM
Absolutely I want to try one.

I just thought of this...:)

Next weekend...Gruene:

Since no one claimed the basket from the raffle at LOSO, we are going to raffle it off at Gruene. And I've got some other stuff to raffle too.

Starting to look forward to this getaway.

DISConnected
Aug 04 2009, 07:56 PM
If you are planning on coming, please send me a pm so we can get a count for food.

Thanks!

JerryChesterson
Aug 11 2009, 10:13 AM
Summer league final results are up here:

Fall League starts August 11th.

Fall League format: Singles, mixed cards. (both nights)
Tuesdays at Universal City
Thursdays at Live Oak

Divisions:
Open - $12 ($9 cash payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)
Advanced - $10 ($7 merchandise payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)
Recreational - $7 ($4 merchandise payout, $1 Club, $1 Ace, $1 CTP)

How long does this session run?

DISConnected
Aug 11 2009, 10:57 AM
This one runs 6 weeks. Believe it or not, the days will be getting too short by the end of this session. Maybe it will even get below 100 degrees, who knows.

I will have copies of the standings available tonight. I will also have all the disc inventory with me tonight.

Online standings will be updated very soon.

DISConnected
Aug 14 2009, 11:20 AM
Interested in getting more involved next year? Want to get some experience running events?

We have lots of opportunities:

T.D.'s to run league minis - I have already been approached by a couple of people who want to help run the league next year. This is great, and it got me thinking: now is a good time to learn from some of the best and most experienced TD's in Texas. You can sit with either Big Bird or Wolfman over these last few weeks and see how a mini should be run. This will really give you a head start for next year. We also recognize that being a TD has responsibilities, and that is why our TD's do not pay entry fees to the events they run.

Statistician - Someone familiar with Excel who can keep up with the results and standings for the league.

Webmaster - Someone who can take over the LODGA website. Experience with FrontPage or HTML would be preferred.

If any of the above appeal to you, talk to me, Keith, John, or any board member. In return for your time commitment, we will provide knowledge and support. We have had the same folks doing these jobs for the past few years, and it isnt fair to ask them to keep them doing it year after year. After all, they are players too, and they might like to just play the game for a while.

DISConnected
Aug 20 2009, 09:49 AM
League standings are up to date here:

http://www.lodga.com/web%20standings.htm

Open division is a battle for 2nd with Larry, Dusty, and Nick. Pete not far behind.

In Advanced, Brandon is pushing on Jerrod for the lead with Stu and George G close behind.

In Recreational, Taylor retakes first place from Cris.

Only three weeks left after tonight!

Jethro33
Aug 24 2009, 02:47 PM
any update on standings???

DISConnected
Aug 26 2009, 08:33 PM
Standings are updated...Jethro closing in...

http://www.lodga.com/web_standings.htm

DISConnected
Sep 07 2009, 01:18 PM
Standings are up...

New Leader in Advanced...Jethro, Jerrod just 6 points back.

Dusty takes over 2nd place in Open.

2 weeks left.

ishkatbible
Sep 07 2009, 06:39 PM
sorry... how many jason smith's do you have in the league? i've only played once ( a few weeks ago) and it shows jason smith for 84-6-30-120 for spring-summer-fall-total. maybe you have me mixed up with another person?

or i am just seeing it wrong?

DISConnected
Sep 07 2009, 11:38 PM
I show you played on 8/20. Something wrong with the totals from Spring and Summer, need to check it out to see where they came from. Could be an excel error. (cant be my fault!)

DISConnected
Sep 09 2009, 09:22 PM
standings are up thru last night.

Places 2-4 still neck and neck in Open, Jethro expands his lead in Advanced.

Three minis left.

CGPRush
Sep 10 2009, 11:49 PM
What options do we have for the merchandise balance?
Discs in stock?

DISConnected
Sep 14 2009, 10:50 AM
How about this:

Once the trophies and awards are ready, we have a Tuesday night gathering and I'll bring all the merchandise the club has.

We could grill some burgers and dogs, and you can look thru what we have and see if we have what you want.

If what you want is not in stock, I will take orders that night and send in one final order for the year to complete your winnings. Any unspent winnings can be carried over for future minis/leagues/etc.

While we cook and depending on time, we could have a quick mini, maybe doubles, and maybe just 12 holes (leaving out the alphabet holes).

Let me know what you think.

CGPRush
Sep 15 2009, 01:09 AM
Sounds good to me.
Do you want me to bring the stack of discs I have put aside for donation to the club with proceeds to go to club uses?

DISConnected
Sep 18 2009, 01:23 PM
With last night's mini, the league is now ended.

We will have a little get together in a couple of weeks when the trophies are ready, so more details on that soon.

Congratulations to Open winner Keith Baker and Advanced winner Brandon "Jethro" Tull.

I will post the complete and final standings this weekend.

IRON MAN awards go to Keith and Larry V who did not miss a single mini for the entire league.

Thanks to all the participants, and thanks to TD's Keith Baker and John Ince for their dedication.

DISConnected
Sep 19 2009, 11:08 AM
Final standings are posted at http://www.lodga.com/web_standings.htm

In the last post I had left off Recreational division because there were so few rec players in the fall. However, Taylor M and Matt W played a few rounds up in Advanced, and those points count toward their standings in rec. So for the Recreational division:

1st place - Taylor McCarty
2nd place - Matthew Wohl

Congrats and thanks for playing.

DISConnected
Sep 24 2009, 11:27 AM
League Trophies and AM payout

Everything is on track for next Tuesday, Sept 29.

Meet at UC hole 5 at 5:45.

We'll provide some food...BYOB.

I will have all the club's merchandise out there for those with points to spend.

If someone would like to volunteer to man the grill, that would be great, just let me know.

JerryChesterson
Sep 24 2009, 12:05 PM
Can we use the pavillion? It has a bigger grill and I bet we could get some people to setup the temp holes.

DISConnected
Sep 24 2009, 02:19 PM
Fine with me! And better in case of bad weather.

But what temp holes?

JerryChesterson
Sep 24 2009, 03:06 PM
Aren't there like 4 holes on the "Red Horse" portion of the park?

DISConnected
Sep 24 2009, 03:33 PM
Red Horse park is off limits to disc golf. We will not be playing those holes.

JerryChesterson
Sep 24 2009, 04:47 PM
What's changed since the LOLO's Texas Teams fund raiser to make Red Horse off limits?

DISConnected
Sep 24 2009, 05:05 PM
Nobody talked to the city before the LOLO mini. We just did it.

We wanted to use it for LOSO, and the city manager said no. We were even going to have a spotter over there, but no go. I guess we should not have asked but you cant have a situation where you have to move during the tournament, where some had played those holes and some hadnt. So we felt like we had to ask.

So we asked and we were told no, and that's the end of that. Its too bad, too, because there's some good holes over there. But it is what it is, and we have to move in the other direction past the D hole (11).

JerryChesterson
Sep 28 2009, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to some food!!

Brian where are we meeting again?

Does anyone need to bring anything like food or beer?

DISConnected
Sep 28 2009, 11:09 AM
Tomorrow (9/29):

Meet at hole 5 at 5:30-5:45. We'll run doubles from there.

I will get there early and grab the pavilion at Red Horse park. I will set up there, and everyone can migrate over after the mini.

As far as food, it's going to be simple...dogs and brats. As for drinks, BYO.