cgkdisc
Feb 19 2009, 05:25 PM
Minnesota is changing the format of its Overalls competition this summer in two ways. The first change is to do a 5-event singles competition on Saturday and 3-event doubles competition on Sunday. Each day will have winners along with the overalls winner for those participating both days in the traditional 7-event format.

Singles will be Accuracy, Discathon (controlled pace), Golf, MTA and Distance. Doubles will be Freestyle, DDC and Doubles golf and the same pairs have to play all three events together. No switching partners based on the event.

The second change is that golf and distance will be limited to Super Class discs. Super Class discs for Golf and Distance are more in keeping with the type of discs that are used for Accuracy and Discathon with the Zephyr already being a mainstay for those events long before the Super Class concept materialized.

The additional benefit is that more venues become available for hosting the event since it's getting harder to find flat fields big enough to handle the distance competition with high-tech discs. Likewise, the disc golf courses located near good field venues aren't always long enough to be challenging for hi-tech discs but using Super Class would make them challenging. As more players try Super Class and throw Zephyrs and other discs that are similar, they may be more likely to try overalls singles tournaments where they can also use those same discs for at least four events.

gotcha
Feb 20 2009, 09:08 AM
Interesting. A good concept that makes sense in the overall scheme of things (pun intended).

btw....when I read the title of the this post I first thought of this. (http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/FootOveralls.jpg) :)

cgkdisc
Feb 20 2009, 09:27 AM
btw....when I read the title of the this post I first thought of this.

Awww, you spoiled the surprise. Those outfits will be in the player packs to handicap some of those faster non-disc golfers in MTA... :eek:

august
Feb 20 2009, 03:20 PM
Sponsored by Oshkosh B'Gosh? :D