mitchjustice
Feb 06 2009, 03:52 PM
Have you played there yet?
If yes, what did you think?

JerryChesterson
Feb 06 2009, 04:43 PM
Have you played there yet?
If yes, what did you think?

Yes I have. It is great course. Probably the best layed out 9 holer I've played. It reminds of 9 holes from Circle Meadow. It has 3 ligitimate Par 4s, 4 par 3's that are "birdieable", and 2 hard par 3s. Each of the Par 4s has an alternate tee box. It is a typical Houck style design with a premium placed on accuracy, many low ceiling shots, and some holes that leave you want to play them again just knowing you'll do better. I shot a 29 my first round and then just knowing I'd kill it the second round I shot a 33 :(. There is a really nice lake there too that I'll probably use to setup a few temp holes with.

Course Map (http://www.ci.boerne.tx.us/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2fJA21u5ybtI%3d&tabid=3 94&mid=1723)

JerryChesterson
Feb 12 2009, 12:35 PM
The "offical" announcement about this tournament will come next week, but I'll start taking signups this weekend if anyone wants to jump on it early. This one could sell out given that it can only handle 60 players.

<u>Tourney Website</u>
www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/THCThrowdown (http://www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/thcthrowdown)

<u>Tourney Registration Form</u>
www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/thcthrowdown/THCThrowdownFlyer.pdf (http://sanantoniodiscclub.com/thcthrowdown/THCThrowdownFlyer.pdf)

<u>Online Registration</u>
Marshall Street Online Registration (http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=thc%5Fthrowdown%5F09)

I am also looknig for a Asst. TD to help out. You can play, I just need help before and after rounds. If interested let me know. There will be some benefits to being the Asst TD.

JHouston
Feb 12 2009, 10:42 PM
I'll be your Asst.TD This is a great 9 holes and the added holes are going to be killer too! Around the lake LOTS of WATER. shuld be fun

opereida
Feb 12 2009, 11:32 PM
You gonna play Open this year Jayson? ;)

JerryChesterson
Feb 13 2009, 10:04 AM
You gonna play Open this year Jayson? ;)

Given that this is after World Doubles and you'd be in my division I think Jayson should play Open. :D

JerryChesterson
Feb 13 2009, 10:52 AM
I'll be your Asst.TD This is a great 9 holes and the added holes are going to be killer too! Around the lake LOTS of WATER. shuld be fun

OK that's one asst TD down. We'll still 2 more people to help out with running some games and stuff. If you are interested in doing that (you can still play without any issue) let me know. There are benefits to helping out :).

JerryChesterson
Feb 13 2009, 11:14 AM
Also I'll need the use of (3) GOOD portable baskets. Good being the key word. If you have a good portable basket and won't mind us using it PM me. Thanks!

JHouston
Feb 13 2009, 06:30 PM
i think i will play open in some tourney's this year.
Bird if i win last cash that means i will have to take over the title...... :D

hardways78222
Feb 13 2009, 10:27 PM
I'll help if you need me &amp; I have the portable basket we used @ last years Bud Open if you need it.

opereida
Feb 13 2009, 11:17 PM
i think i will play open in some tourney's this year.
Bird if i win last cash that means i will have to take over the title...... :D

I'm sure you can pull off some last cashes in Open. I'll be glad to give up the name. ;) Your Ready....."Just Do It!!!"

ishkatbible
Feb 15 2009, 12:44 PM
looked up the boerne park site... it's a pay-to-play course?

JerryChesterson
Feb 15 2009, 08:13 PM
looked up the boerne park site... it's a pay-to-play course?

That depends on when you go to the park. There is a guard posted at certain times of the day and/or year. Non-Boerne residents have to pay like a $2 fee.

JerryChesterson
Feb 23 2009, 01:15 PM
Come out and play the Texas Hill Country Throwdown in Boerne Texas. This will be the first ever sanctioned tourney at the newest John Houck designed course. Although this course is only 9 holes it is a beauty with (3) legitimate par 4s, (4) difficult par 3s, and (2) birdieable par 3s. (3) additional temporary holes will be installed. These will not be your traditional �temp� holes but rather legitimate holes with the lake coming into play.

This is a San Antonio Disc Club event. We�ll be providing some free beer and fun games such as the ring of fire, a long distance driving competition by division, and the Jerry Chesterson putting challenge!

For more information contact Scott Hougland @ (210) 896-9498 or [email protected]

<u>Tourney Website</u>
www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/THCThrowdown (http://www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/thcthrowdown)

<u>Tourney Registration Form</u>
www.SanAntonioDiscClub.com/thcthrowdown/THCThrowdownFlyer.pdf (http://sanantoniodiscclub.com/thcthrowdown/THCThrowdownFlyer.pdf)

<u>Online Registration</u>
TitleDISC Online Registration (http://www.titledisc.com/?q=node/419)

<u>Format</u>
Three rounds of 12 holes for all players. Open and Advanced players will play two rounds from the long tees and one round from the short tees. Intermediate and Recreational players will play three rounds from the short tees.

<u>Schedule - April 11, 2009</u>
9:15 AM Onsite Sign Ups Closed
9:30 AM Players Meeting
10:00 AM Start (players will play (2) 12 hole rounds back to back)
1:30 PM Lunch, Games, &amp; Shenanigans
3:00 PM Final Round (players will play (1) round of 12 holes)
5:00 PM Raffle, Ring of Fire, &amp; Long Distance Competition
5:30 PM Awards &amp; Payout

<u>Ace Pot</u>
Optional Ace Pot is $5. If no ace is hit during the round a CTP will be conducted with 1st taking 70% and 2nd taking 30%. If multiple aces are hit during the round the Ace Pot money will be split evenly among all aces.

<u>Divisions Offered*</u>
� ($37) Pro Men, Pro Women, Pro Master
� ($32) Advanced Men, Advanced Women
� ($27) Intermediate Men, Intermediate Women
� ($22) Recreational Men, Recreational Women
*Note: 3 players required to form a division

<u>Sponsorships</u>
� $50 Hole Sponsorship - Gets a hole sponsorship for this event and the The Alamo City Open in June
� $300 Title Sponsorship - Will rename tournament to include your name as the presenting sponsor

JerryChesterson
Feb 25 2009, 12:25 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/3308704085_228ae653ec.jpg

CGPRush
Mar 02 2009, 12:54 AM
Nice design!

Played Boerne Saturday afternoon with JimBob and Laura, Pete, and Joe and the wind was BRUTAL.
Those extra holes along the lake will be TOUGH if the wind is blowing like that during the tournament. :p

JerryChesterson
Mar 04 2009, 12:28 PM
Nice design!

Played Boerne Saturday afternoon with JimBob and Laura, Pete, and Joe and the wind was BRUTAL.
Those extra holes along the lake will be TOUGH if the wind is blowing like that during the tournament. :p

Good news, the forecast for that day indicates it won't be windy. :p

RiX Perez
Mar 11 2009, 10:21 AM
That is a sick design... thought about dying one free hand but forget that....

JerryChesterson
Mar 11 2009, 10:44 AM

Rick in on the baord ... SWEET!

Grog
Mar 11 2009, 11:23 AM

Rick in on the baord ... SWEET!

Rick who?

OHHH that Rick! About time slopoke! :D

RiX Perez
Mar 11 2009, 07:31 PM
Takes me a while to figure out the fancy computer machines!

DiscJay
Mar 11 2009, 09:38 PM
Cool design. That would look great on a disc.

I have to get out to that course and play a round or two. Can't wait to see it.

Grog
Mar 11 2009, 10:24 PM
Jay

Let me know if you have some time off next week. I'll give my buddy in Boerne a call and we'll play it. If your vid card is in we can work on the Ice Bowl vids as well. I'm committed to Scott for THC and TACO the rest of this week, then I want to get the site current again with vids, score cards, projects etc.

DiscJay
Mar 11 2009, 11:16 PM
Will do Greg.

JerryChesterson
Mar 25 2009, 05:12 PM
Don't forget about this one. :D This course is tremendous.

JerryChesterson
Mar 27 2009, 11:50 AM
<u>Tourney Sponsors to date:</u>
San Antonio Disc Club
City of Boerne Parks &amp; Rec Department
LODGA
3rd Coast
TitleDisc
JimBob &amp; Laura Karshis
Jayson Houston
Greg Galloway
Micah Samuelsen
Jerry Lively
Scott Hougland

[/QUOTE]

Any club members out there interested in sponsoring this event? We'll accept merchandise or cash. If you are interested in donating any merchandise or cash to this event please let me know ASAP as sponsorship signs are schedule to start being fabricated after this weekend. Thank you for your support.

JerryChesterson
Mar 31 2009, 10:49 PM
They're Here

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3550/3403385518_3e18f74f9f.jpg

DiscJay
Apr 01 2009, 12:32 AM
Those discs look awesome!!!

Scott, you have a PM

Grog
Apr 12 2009, 10:57 AM
If we rule out the wind and temperatures that no one had control over, THC can be described in one word!

SWEEEEET!

Great turnout and great people!

DiscJay
Apr 12 2009, 12:39 PM
That was an awesome tournament, great turnout and tons of fun!! And I didn't mind the weather, clouds are great because then I don't need to wear sunblock, woohooo!!!

Seriously an awesome time.

Grog
Apr 12 2009, 09:30 PM
That was an awesome tournament, great turnout and tons of fun!! And I didn't mind the weather, clouds are great because then I don't need to wear sunblock, woohooo!!!

Seriously an awesome time.

So speaketh the red-headed step child! :o:D

JerryChesterson
Apr 12 2009, 09:52 PM
Scores Are Posted (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8745&amp;year=2009&amp;include_ratings=1#O pen)

I really appreciate all the players coming out for this event. I think this turn out will really show the Boerne Parks Department that another 9 holes are needed out there.

Other than the scores ...
Jay Reading won the Jerry Chesterson Putting Challenge and the $50 bounty.

Billy Ware won the CTP.

Corey Peschke won the raffle.

There where no Aces (suprisingly). Joel Santrock got 1st in the CTP for the ace monies and took $175, Jerry Chesterson got 2nd &amp; took $75.

Thanks to all those who sponsored ...
San Antonio Disc Club
City of Boerne Parks &amp; Recreation Department
Discraft
Innova
TitleDISC
LODGA
3rd Coast
Waterloooooooooooooooooooo
Team Justice
JimBob &amp; Laura Karshis

Thanks to all who helped make this a great event!
Elise Hougland
Jayson Houston
Micah Samuelson
Greg Galloway
Jerry Lively
James Lawton
Stacey Pereida

If you liked this event then you won't want to miss our future events ...
June 6th - The Alamo City Open (Pearsall, San Antonio)
September 10th - Bryan McClain Open (McClain, San Antonio)

RiX Perez
Apr 15 2009, 01:12 PM
Scott... looks like you put on a hell of an event!! Wish I could have made it!

Congrats to all who played!