UncleBob
Jan 16 2009, 12:55 PM
I need to get in touch with Chris Himming from Australia, this is important to me. If anyone knows how to contact him please email me [email protected]
Thanks
Uncle Bob

Big E
Jan 16 2009, 12:59 PM
His old stomping ground was Live Oak so maybe post this on that thread. Good Luck!

okcacehole
Jan 16 2009, 02:46 PM
Contact Twisted1 on here (Joe Rotan) ...

UncleBob
Jan 16 2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks I'll try him
Uncle Bob

my_hero
Feb 23 2009, 06:37 AM
A Perth, Australia golfer named Corey Bandy was nice enough to send me an update on Chris Himing over on the DiscGolfersR.Us website. (http://discgolfer.ning.com/)

Corey says, "G,day , yes i know chris well we played disc golf (well discgolf,ddc,trc,mta,ultimate) together back in 87 through to 93-94 before he left for the states i was only 14 at the time and he was good to us kids,
I have caught up with chris a few time since hes been back , but there is only one discgolf course in perth australia he he lives about 3 hours from there so we dont c him much , hes left disc golf behind him and dosent play anymore and sell property now , its a pitty we could have done with his input and conections into the perth disc golf club (which is growing every week) and torniments, our A tier event is on at the end of march, My brother and i are the driving force behind perth disc golf and the tornys and are very close in skill level he's an innova man and i throw discraft so its makes for some great fun ."

okcacehole
Feb 23 2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the update John

okcacehole
Feb 25 2009, 06:25 PM
How about a even better update from the MAN himself - Miss you Chris:

He knew he could also count on me to update the masses :)

He sent this today:

G�day all my American Friends,

Just thought it was about time I chipped in and gave a quick update on what�s been going on. A few people have sent me emails over the last few months asking various things about me. I am not a current member so can�t post on the PDGA message board.

It�s now been about 2 years and 4 months since I left the US. Amazing how time flies and how things can change in such a short time. I haven�t picked up a disc in over a year but still have a wall in my apartment with all my favourite discs displayed along with plenty of Texas 10 and Lance Armstrong memorabilia. Friends that come over always are amazed at all the cool Frisbees I have.

I basically retired from playing and running disc golf events about a year ago. I did however a month ago trade several emails with one of the guys from the new Perth Disc Golf Club and supplied him with lots of info, business models, ideas, templates and some do�s and don�ts on setting up a disc golf event or club. I hope they take the advice to heart and all goes well. I have seen some news lately that they did the opposite to what I recommended on membership fees etc so I hope they can learn from things if they don�t go well first time around. Perth is such a great place for the sport it has always been a shame it has never really taken off as it should have. Hopefully these guys can get things rocking.

I now play �ball golf� as much as I can. I spent about 6 months last year with a full time PGA coach and learnt so much. My coach �a former LPGA pro� also allows me some input into her coaching and event management business. I also consult a little with my golf club on ideas for upcoming events and tournament procedures. It�s fun to keep a finger in the event management side of things. I had planned in about 3 years to be good enough to hit the Asian Tour circuit but over the last six months work has been going really well and I can�t see myself earning more than I do now playing golf. So for now I keep busy selling and designing houses for a building company and playing golf about twice a week. It�s good to know even in a low market I can still do well. Can�t wait for the next boom!

I am looking at making a trip to Shenzen China in December to play an amateur event at Mission Hills. It�s a complex of 10, yes 10 world class golf courses all grouped together. Each one has been designed by people like Arnold Palmer, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman and Annika. It is the Asian mecca of golf right now.

I recently bought a new apartment downtown right on the water with cafes, restaurants and bars all around. 20 yards to the bay with boating, water skiing and yachting and only 300 yards the other way to surf beaches. I love the location and atmosphere. As I said most of my walls are filled with travel photos, Texas 10 and Lance stuff. I may not play disc golf anymore but I haven�t forgotten all the fun had in the past.

My apologies to those people that thought we would stay in touch with each other. It�s a hard thing to do knowing you may never see that person or people again. It makes it hard to keep in touch however those people and friends that made my time in the US a great time will always be remembered, admired and appreciated. I do keep in touch with my brother from another mother Twisted Joe Rotan and love to hear and share all our ideas and thoughts on disc golf and life. Who knows one day this Aussie may surprise everyone and appear for the Twisted Flyer $1,000,000 Hole-in-One! Oops Joe did I let one out of the bag? Always expect the unexpected and always keep something up your sleeve.

I do keep an eye on the PDGA Message Board from time to time so know a little of what goes on. Funny to see names and events I know changing, not changing, been successful or not from the other side of the world.

Thanks again everyone and have a fun year.

Yours in Flight,
Chris Himing

Twisted1
Feb 26 2009, 01:54 PM
Sent in an email from my good ol mate Chris:

G�day all my American Friends,

Just thought it was about time I chipped in and gave a quick update on what�s been going on. A few people have sent me emails over the last few months asking various things about me.

It�s now been about 2 years and 4 months since I left the US. Amazing how time flies and how things can change in such a short time. I haven�t picked up a disc in over a year but still have a wall in my apartment with all my favourite discs displayed along with plenty of Texas 10 and Lance Armstrong memorabilia. Friends that come over always are amazed at all the cool Frisbees I have.

I basically retired from playing and running disc golf events about a year ago. I did however a month ago trade several emails with one of the guys from the new Perth Disc Golf Club and supplied him with lots of info, business models, ideas, templates and some do�s and don�ts on setting up a disc golf event or club. I hope they take the advice to heart and all goes well. I have seen some news lately that they did the opposite to what I recommended on membership fees etc so I hope they can learn from things if they don�t go well first time around. Perth is such a great place for the sport it has always been a shame it has never really taken off as it should have. Hopefully these guys can get things rocking.

I now play �ball golf� as much as I can. I spent about 6 months last year with a full time PGA coach and learnt so much. My coach �a former LPGA pro� also allows me some input into her coaching and event management business. I also consult a little with my golf club on ideas for upcoming events and tournament procedures. It�s fun to keep a finger in the event management side of things. I had planned in about 3 years to be good enough to hit the Asian Tour circuit but over the last six months work has been going really well and I can�t see myself earning more than I do now playing golf. So for now I keep busy selling and designing houses for a building company and playing golf about twice a week. It�s good to know even in a low market I can still do well. Can�t wait for the next boom!

I am looking at making a trip to Shenzen China in December to play an amateur event in Mission Hills. It�s a complex of 10, yes 10 world class golf courses all grouped together. Each one has been designed by people like Arnold Palmer, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman and Annika. It is the Asian mecca of golf right now.

I recently bought a new apartment downtown right on the water with cafes, restaurants and bars all around. 20 yards to the bay with boating, water skiing and yachting and only 300 yards the other way to surf beaches. I love the location and atmosphere. As I said most of my walls are filled with travel photos, Texas 10 and Lance stuff. I may not play disc golf anymore but I haven�t forgotten all the fun had in the past.

My apologies to those people that thought we would stay in touch with each other. It�s a hard thing to do knowing you may never see that person or people again. It makes it hard to keep in touch however those people and friends that made my time in the US a great time will always be remembered, admired and appreciated. I do keep in touch with my brother from another mother Twisted Joe Rotan and love to hear and share all our ideas and thoughts on disc golf and life. Who knows one day this Aussie may surprise everyone and appear for the Twisted Flyer $1,000,000 Hole-in-One! Oops Joe did I let one out of the bag? Always expect the unexpected and always keep something up your sleeve.

I do keep an eye on the PDGA Message Board from time to time so know a little of what goes on. Funny to see names and events I know changing, not changing, been successful or not from the other side of the world.

Thanks again everyone and have a fun year.

Yours in Flight,

Chris Himing