Jan 09 2009, 12:42 AM
7th Charity Fundraiser-D.I.S.C. supporting fun event.

Jan. 24 Saturday Dont waste your day watching football or
showing off in front of hackers at your local course. Come out and play the highly technical hillside course. Not a course for big arms, you must putt well to win possibly.
To support the event (if allowed) i offer a $100 bounty for a
-12 or better score by an Open (any div. pro) with $50 or half the money going to the event proceeds. This is for the FIRST
round ONLY. Same goes for an ACE 100/50 1st round Only
in Pro divisions. Good Luck! Sorry only Pro divisions can receive the Donation Bounty..i will announce at event.
Floyd

ps Suckers! :p

westcoastsooner
Jan 09 2009, 02:05 AM
As They say back east ...Yea Mannnn..I'll be there..
what a great reward ,and the best thing is everybody is a winner..Charity Events are Awesome and a Little extra cash from ThrowingsTTar..Sweet

bigrocc01
Jan 12 2009, 04:39 PM
What time (900am?) and how much $$$

Jan 13 2009, 01:04 AM
My apologies for the lack of info.
Sat. Jan. 24 Elysian Park, CA. Ice Bowl in Paradise
Link to registration: web page (http://Socaldiscgolf.org) Tee time is 8:45am but there is no day-of sign-up available so try contacting the TD David Hadder for arrangements.
The bright green grass is ready to swallow some plastic on the hillside, its good to watch'em close as they disappear easily.
Huh, the WebPage is So Cal Disc Golf.org with the info.
Floyd

Jan 17 2009, 06:18 PM
Cliff asked me to post for him:

"Hey Folks,

The Ice Bowl in Paradise on Jan 24th at Chavez Ridge is LOOKING GOOD!

The course looks great and the other details are coming together
thanks to a bunch of efforts.

We want to thank Bud Henke and Virgil Phillips for their $ and prize
side offers. Disc Golf U has a Traveler coming our way for the
Telepathic Putting event. Serendra at Subway is putting together
another fine meal and the field is starting to flesh out.

So Cal will be there taking names and giving out bag tags etc.
Trader Joe's may throw some chocolate and snacks our way and
Discovering the World prizes will join those that Dave Hadder has
already put up to enliven the Disc Arcade Games and ....pause for
drumroll...RING OF FIRE!

The flyer with the info is up at:

http://www.socaldiscgolf.org/

BUT

The best way to sign up now is online at PDGA.com

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1229085955

Cliff"

westcoastsooner
Jan 18 2009, 12:11 AM
RING OF FIRE.. extra $$..Trader Joe's..Subway...

This is going to be Fun.

The Most Fun Wins!

westcoastsooner
Jan 21 2009, 01:59 AM
They say there could be Rain in So Cal for the Ice Bowl

rizbee
Jan 21 2009, 04:55 PM
They say there could be Rain in So Cal for the Ice Bowl

So what's new? Haven't we had rain there for the last two?

csrenda79
Jan 22 2009, 01:35 AM
Ugh. Yet another tournament where the winner will be spared the difficulties of having to go through the Beanieman...

I will be back for worlds.

grizzly09
Jan 22 2009, 03:24 AM
Ugh. Yet another tournament where the winner will be spared the difficulties of having to go through the Beanieman...

I will be back for worlds.

I'm sorry, but going through the beanieman is like going through fog in a semi. Like going through an open door. Like going through a piece of paper with a hammer.

Carl, I wish you hadn't broken your arm again so you could play with us and so we could all bow down to your awesomeness. As Lord Sarc once said, "Let thou be grateful to the ones thou doth cherish the most."

evan_lost
Jan 29 2009, 03:08 AM
Rained the first round, and the ring of fire was canceled due to lack of any sunlight. Was a very fun event, despite the weather conditions. Thank you Cliffe and everyone at DISC.

csrenda79
Jan 29 2009, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry, but going through the beanieman is like going through fog in a semi. Like going through an open door. Like going through a piece of paper with a hammer.

Carl, I wish you hadn't broken your arm again so you could play with us and so we could all bow down to your awesomeness. As Lord Sarc once said, "Let thou be grateful to the ones thou doth cherish the most."

Haha...Need I remind you of the one time you actually beat me in competition (which was now 1 1/2 years ago). Since then, I think i've been the Semi and you've been the Fog, but that's left for others to judge, I guess.

Gotta say you would be the first to bow to my awesomeness, but whatever floats your boat, son. You can still do it even though i'm hurt, if you like.

rizbee
Jan 29 2009, 04:43 PM
Carl - don't wrench your neck as that last one goes sailing over your head... /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

rizbee
Jan 29 2009, 04:53 PM
BTW, I want to thank Cliff, Dave and their crew for putting on another fun event at Chavez Ridge. It was my third Chavez Ice Bowl and all have been fun. Chris Carpenter and I had a fun battle in the afternoon - Chris closed the round out with three consecutive birdies enroute to the hot round of the afternoon - a 54 that was rated 993! If I hadn't 4-putted #10 I might have given him a better run. I also learned one thing - don't wear a white shirt on a rainy day, 'cuz mud is bound to find you.

Chavez would be a killer site for a Super Class event!