my_hero
Dec 30 2008, 01:59 PM
Where did it go? It was always good for a laugh.

hawkgammon
Dec 30 2008, 02:14 PM
Hmmm...looks like I'll need to report the loss of my thread. I'm sure it's merely a technical glitch.

hawkgammon
Dec 30 2008, 02:38 PM
Where did it go? It was always good for a laugh.

I just sent this via the handy contact link above:

Howdy,

The thread "PDGA Slogan" appears to have disappeared from the MISC forum. Could you look into this and restore it please?

Thanks and kisses,

Hawk

The screeen then clicked to this:

PDGA Feedback Form
Hawk Corrick, your message has been sent. If you have not received a response within a few days, please take the time to send a gentle reminder. If then you are not satisfied, contact the PDGA Webmaster.

That made me think about this. (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=896281&an=0&page=0#Post8 96281)

Then I started giggling...

stack
Dec 30 2008, 04:00 PM
you have to be kidding... i just posted on this thread a little bit ago.

briangraham
Dec 30 2008, 05:31 PM
Gentlemen,

The PDGA slogan thread was removed at my direction earlier today.

Please be sure to check out this announcement (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=897224&an=0&page=0#Post8 97224), as well as the new DISCussion Board rules. (http://pdga.com/discussion-board-rules-updated-12302008)

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation!

Alacrity
Dec 30 2008, 05:41 PM
Hummmmm..... I have never posted to the PDGA Slogan thread, however I have read through it several times. I am suprized that it was removed, however I do see how the thread as a whole could be considered derogatory of the PDGA. I believe, however, that you have opened a can of worms and this is meant as constructive criticism.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 05:48 PM
So are you personally going through and cleaning things up now?

I think the "minority" would be a lot less vocal if they saw the PDGA or its consultants taking any of the things brought up here seriously! I'm sorry the hundreds of Dollars your ORG receives from me and most of the others who post seemingly is taken up without issue yet when we speak out against what you guys are doing we are thrown out in the wind.

The fact is that you are the pDGA and the Pro division has not grown in nearly 20 years so maybe you should try something for them.

veganray
Dec 30 2008, 05:56 PM
Gentlemen,

Please be sure to check out this announcement (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=897224&an=0&page=0#Post8 97224), as well as the new DISCussion Board rules. (http://pdga.com/discussion-board-rules-updated-12302008)

<font color="blue"> [personal attack removed] </font>

sandalman
Dec 30 2008, 06:19 PM
Vegan, you trying to go out with a bang??? finding anything truly troublesome was difficult in that thread, imo. how to word anything on this board now is gonna be tricky, because if that thread is OB, soooooo many many posts should be also. maybe even this one... i honestly dont know.

my_hero
Dec 30 2008, 06:21 PM
I was once scared of my own shadow. Can i say that?

sandalman
Dec 30 2008, 06:23 PM
its ok as long as your shadow is not a Member. otherwise, a safe policy would be to email Brian and get pre-approval

stack
Dec 30 2008, 07:13 PM
this was the last post on the thread... i would hope this would be ok. (i mean... who doesn't like Ron Burgundy?! ;) )

PDGA: Stayin' SUPER CLASSy

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/ljpost3/stay_classy.jpg

Pizza God
Dec 30 2008, 07:51 PM
I have been an Ace Club member sense it's inception. I have been a TD for 11 years now running 12 PDGA events. I have been an Asst TD and helper for many other tournament. I have been a PDGA member that has only missed one year renewing, in the last 18 years.

To tell the truth, for the first time, I am considering not renewing this year.

Player Done Going Away

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 08:22 PM
I have been an Ace Club member sense it's inception. I have been a TD for 11 years now running 12 PDGA events. I have been an Asst TD and helper for many other tournament. I have been a PDGA member that has only missed one year renewing, in the last 18 years.

To tell the truth, for the first time, I am considering not renewing this year.

Player Done Going Away

If it weren't for the A-tier and worlds thing I would think about paying $150 a year in non-member fees instead of paying half that to be a member.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 08:23 PM
PDGA- spending money on important things like a new office but can't even make worlds a "Premier" event.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 08:28 PM
"I would also like to personally extend an invitation to members who have refrained from posting, to return to the Board to share your ideas and opinions with us. This is your discusssion board and it will only be as good as the people who post here."

So is the ORG going to now start listening to ideas or do they have selective hearing? I guess they only like ideas that come with a good job PDGA seal or something.

How about taking $1 out of every entry and put it into the worlds purse (AM and PRO) so that we members who fork out a lot of money to the ORG and to the trip can possibly consider it a good investment?

Southern Nationals does it and their Championship puts ALL but the USDGC and Players Cup to shame.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 08:33 PM
<font color="blue"> [post containing derogatory content about the PDGA removed] </font>

sandalman
Dec 30 2008, 08:57 PM
Za, "Player Done, Going Away" is the perfect end to the thread.

if you go away, please look for ways to keep doing the things you do. the CO is way too cool to cease. if you run it, the players will come, regardless of anything else.

Pizza God
Dec 30 2008, 09:10 PM
The PDGA Discussion board is the main reason I am still a member of the PDGA.

I may not pay the extra $100 bucks this year, but I pretty much have to get my Discussion board fix in and am suppose to be a "member in good standing" to be a TD.

Plus, who knows, maybe I will get to play a tournament next year.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 09:31 PM
Well I am on Probation now! I guess it is because of the G word that is used daily within my Human Biology Class.

I will be appealing this one since it was there for a mere 15 minutes.

Maybe I am why they destroyed the thread.

hawkgammon
Dec 30 2008, 09:47 PM
PDGA- spending money on important things like a new office but can't even make worlds a "Premier" event.

Keep in mind it's tough to upgrade a double wide.

my_hero
Dec 30 2008, 09:50 PM
Ewwwwww. THE "G" word.

Gaily? As in a joyful, cheerful, or happy manner; merrily.

It's a sad day for the sport.

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 09:52 PM
Ewwwwww. THE "G" word.

Gaily? As in a joyful, cheerful, or happy manner; merrily.

It's a sad day for the sport.

<font color="blue"> [offensive material removed] <font color="blue">

the_kid
Dec 30 2008, 10:08 PM
Gentlemen,

Please be sure to check out this announcement (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=897224&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 97224), as well as the new DISCussion Board rules. (http://pdga.com/discussion-board-rules-updated-12302008)

So how did anyone have time to notify the mods? Or did Lag do that too? I still think you haven't found your marbles. Then again maybe this is your quest to discover them by kicking out all the people who have anything to say that goes against what the PDGA is currently "doing".

If you want support you have to provide support.

stack
Dec 31 2008, 01:23 AM
PDGA - Where BUMP is a bad word ;)

rollinghedge
Dec 31 2008, 11:16 AM
BUMP

PDGA: Parytin' like it's 1984!

accidentalROLLER
Dec 31 2008, 11:40 AM
PDGA: Consider yourself censored!

I guess if you silence all your critics, you will only hear affirmation of what a great job you are doing. Hey, it works for North Korea.

<font color="white">Anyone read Brave New World lately?</font>

my_hero
Dec 31 2008, 12:36 PM
Quick question:

Is it mathematically possible for the Message Board Disciplinary List to have more members than active PDGA members?

twoputtok
Dec 31 2008, 12:44 PM
We shall see. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NOHalfFastPull
Dec 31 2008, 01:22 PM
"Over time, these guidelines will become more understood and codified."

Pretty Dog - Gone Appealing hea?

Pizza God
Dec 31 2008, 02:01 PM
In an attempt to squelch negative comments, you create more.

The PDGA Slogan Thread was viewed as a humorous thread by many (if not most)

While I understand the need for change, I don't always agree with it.

ChrisWoj
Dec 31 2008, 02:13 PM
Brian should have left the moderating to the moderators. At least they understood that any massive sweeping moves (like eliminating the enjoyable PDGA Slogan Thread) would cause nothing but more frustration and controversy. They try to do their best, which is an often thankless job and many of us disagree with what they do and have a belief that they make poor decisions, but at least they made enough good moves and did enough decent things that the generally annoyed would not revolt.

The moves being made now are going to just make this forum worse. Brian Graham needs to leave the moderating to the moderators, even if people dislike them (not myself, by the way, although I do hold some differing views and they frustrate me on occasion) they know how to keep open rebellion within the forum from occurring.

sandalman
Dec 31 2008, 03:36 PM
i'm afraid the open rebellion will spill from here into events. this will certainly lead to discussions about alternatives. whether anything materializes remains to be seen. but the ground has never been more fertile.

my_hero
Dec 31 2008, 03:46 PM
The Rebellion

This isn't Star Wars dude. More like.....

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6971/discgolfwarsia7.png

ChrisWoj
Dec 31 2008, 04:30 PM
If you made it an app on Facebook Tank and Schweb would play it.

hawkgammon
Dec 31 2008, 05:06 PM
Quick question:

Is it mathematically possible for the Message Board Disciplinary List to have more members than active PDGA members?

It certainly grew more in the past 24 hours than memberships probably did.

hawkgammon
Dec 31 2008, 05:09 PM
i'm afraid the open rebellion will spill from here into events.

Disc golfers brawlin' at the players meeting!

Pizza God
Dec 31 2008, 05:13 PM
ha ha, you are correct, 5 new names join me on that list. Including Matt Hall on suspension for voicing his opinions of the PDGA.

I guess I should not say anything about the PDGA before my probation is over

keithjohnson
Dec 31 2008, 11:55 PM
Quick question:

No - as you have to BE A MEMBER to post, but it COULD have the SAME # minus 1 (I can't see Brian upholding a post of his being reported putting himself on probation.)

Roosta
Jan 01 2009, 12:15 AM
now why would BG insult the ORG that pays him? thats just silly....

sandalman
Jan 01 2009, 01:16 AM
keith, suspensions can last past the expiration of a membership. so a suspended member whose membership lapses is no longer an active member but is still on the disciplinary list. if 11,000 of us get suspended for a year in december and then dont renew, in february the suspended list is 11,000 and the active member list is like 750.

my_hero
Jan 01 2009, 01:21 AM
Quick question:

No - as you have to BE A MEMBER to post, but it COULD have the SAME # minus 1 (I can't see Brian upholding a post of his being reported putting himself on probation.)

Incorrect. It IS actually mathematically possible. Here's how: In 2008 there was 12000 active members. Let's say that 100 of those 12000 people are on THE LIST at the close of 2008 (12/31/08). Now it's 1/1/09 and for whatever reason renewals are extremely slow coming in and there's only officially 87 people ACTIVE in the "Association."

Happy New Year!

my_hero
Jan 01 2009, 01:22 AM
keith, suspensions can last past the expiration of a membership. so a suspended member whose membership lapses is no longer an active member but is still on the disciplinary list. if 11,000 of us get suspended for a year in december and then dont renew, in february the suspended list is 11,000 and the active member list is like 750.

D'OH! You beat me to it. :D

veganray
Jan 01 2009, 01:40 AM
Vegan, you trying to go out with a bang??? finding anything truly troublesome was difficult in that thread, imo. how to word anything on this board now is gonna be tricky, because if that thread is OB, soooooo many many posts should be also. maybe even this one... i honestly dont know.

This should inspire some more of out beloved "Creative" governance from ther PDGA:

Mr. Graham:
Please consider this message an official appeal of the MB probation imposed upon me on 12/31/2008. Considering the nature of the allegedly "personally attacking" post, I must, of course, demand that you recuse yourself from the decision-making process of my appeal due to the blatantly obvious conflict of interest (as the post, as you well know, was a commentary on your abilities). Seeing no provision in the MB rules for an alternate arbiter in an unusual case such as this, I have no choice but to expect the probation to be immediately lifted, as there is no way that I can expect due process lacking such a provision in the rules.

Please let me know when to expect this to happen &amp; update the MB disciplinary list ASAP. Thanks.

--
Cheers &amp; chings!
Vegan Ray

keithjohnson
Jan 01 2009, 01:51 AM
Quick question:

Incorrect. It IS actually mathematically possible. Here's how: In 2008 there was 12000 active members. Let's say that 100 of those 12000 people are on THE LIST at the close of 2008 (12/31/08). Now it's 1/1/09 and for whatever reason renewals are extremely slow coming in and there's only officially 87 people ACTIVE in the "Association."

Happy New Year!

Well seeing that we have at least over 3500 already current 2009 members, you "bad guys" better start getting suspended alot faster. :D

stack
Jan 01 2009, 02:27 AM
i just personally hate the gray area... so someone can't say ...
"man the AGDP really sucks"
but they should be fine if they say...
"man the AGDP really sucks because _______ and if they _______ then things would probably be better"

first is just a derogatory comment and 2nd is constructive criticism?

Grog
Jan 01 2009, 08:33 AM
i just personally hate the gray area... so someone can't say ...
"man the AGDP really sucks"
but they should be fine if they say...
"man the AGDP really sucks because _______ and if they _______ then things would probably be better"

first is just a derogatory comment and 2nd is constructive criticism?

Well let's put it to the acid test, this sort of governance reeks of the now defunct USSR. The key word is defunct.

Derogatory criticism is not necessarily bad since not everyone possesses diplomatic skills. Just as contructive criticism is not always good, a lot depends on what you read into it. As a current officer of our local club we do not always have members who see eye to eye with the executive committee, if they voice an opinion such as "you guys suck" or "this club sucks" would it not be more in the interest of the club to find out why? While poorly voiced he\she may have a legitimate gripe or viable idea. I fail to see where any of us qualify as a devine entity, but then I am agnostic. I myself do not always agree with my fellow officers and members and as a dues paying member and free citizen I voice my concerns and argue my points. This is both a right and privilege.

Let's view this subject as a marriage. In public I promote the PDGA, and SADC (local club). Just as I do my wife. Criticism on the other hand is done in private, at home with my wife or at home ala MB with my clubs. For those unaware I am the sole moderator for the SADC message board (no one else has volunteered, but I'm pushing for it) and after 45 days I have yet to ban, delete, or remove anybody or any posts. Granted no one has posted anything derogatory as of yet, but the forum is open and for members. The only reason I would suspend some one is for a personal attack, and then only if the victim complained. Why? Because all "personal attacks" are not always such, some of us joke around and have a sense of humor.

So now I ask this. If I have a complaint about the way the PDGA is being run, what are the avenues I need to take to have my voice heard? What do I need to do to rally support for my cause from fellow members? What would qualify me to run for a post? Where is this information kept, for everyone to see? If these are not viable questions then I assume I shall be visiting Za, Ray and Hawk soon on the D List.

my_hero
Jan 01 2009, 11:10 AM
Well seeing that we have at least over 3500 already current 2009 members, you "bad guys" better start getting suspended alot faster.

Keith, becareful as the bold text could be used against you as a personal attack. :D

Roosta
Jan 01 2009, 01:35 PM
yes, us bad guys take offense to that statement....im highly offended, but im not going to report two people in one day....if someone else doesn't report this i will tomorrow....

cgkdisc
Jan 01 2009, 02:20 PM
i just personally hate the gray area

Should those of us with gray hair in divisions over 50 be taking offense at that? :eek:

Grog
Jan 01 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm just happy that what is left is gray! :D

Pizza God
Jan 01 2009, 09:29 PM
When I first read the last few posts, I though they had said ghay areas.

Grog
Jan 01 2009, 11:25 PM
When I first read the last few posts, I though they had said ghay areas.

Nope, when I came out of the closet I was still hetero. :Dand I mean that constructively!

keithjohnson
Jan 01 2009, 11:26 PM
Well seeing that we have at least over 3500 already current 2009 members, you "bad guys" better start getting suspended alot faster.

Keith, becareful as the bold text could be used against you as a personal attack. :D

Can't be a "personal attack" as I'm one of the "bad guys" myself, but as I found out last year with oil speculators, you can call them "bad guys", but NOT a higher powered earthern levee, thing you wipe with toilet tissue "bad guys", because that's an attack according to Mr. Shive, even though it's a group that has not much to do with the betterment of Disc Golf.

I have learned to post much better with antagonism when neccessary after seeing how others and myself get taken down a slippery slope when trying to poke fun at people who don't mind the poking one bit, but when you call out a moderator from the PA area (not Mr. LaGrassa) as a liar and thief along with others who found out the same thing when they didn't listen to me, then all of a sudden oil speculators are probably nice people that can not be mentioned negatively without being put on probation, no matter what Mr. LaGrassa says.

Longest run-on sentence of New Years Day!

Thanks for having my back Mr. Hero,
Keith

Grog
Jan 01 2009, 11:30 PM
Can't be a "personal attack" as I'm one of the "bad guys" myself, but as I found out last year with oil speculators, you can call them "bad guys", but NOT a higher powered earthern levy, thing you wipe with toilet tissue "bad guys", because that's an attack according to Mr. Shive, even though it's a group that has not much to do with the betterment of Disc Golf.

I have learned to post much better with antagonism when neccessary after seeing how others and myself get taken down a slippery slope when trying to poke fun at people who don't mind the poking one bit, but when you call out a moderator from the PA area (not Mr. LaGrassa) as a liar and thief along with others who found out the same thing when they didn't listen to me, then all of a sudden oil speculators are probably nice people that can not be mentioned negatively without being put on probation, no matter what Mr. LaGrassa says.

Longest run-on sentence of New Years Day!

Thanks for having my back Mr. Hero,
Keith

Now say it 3 times constructively real fast!

my_hero
Jan 02 2009, 02:03 AM
Keith, No worries. I've always enjoyed your presence and ideas on the MB. I'd never report you, or anyone for that matter, for a post. Just simply trying to be Your_Hero by warning you that there are PDGA state coordinators in Pennsylvania (PA) <font color="red"> that don't play PDGA events </font> that are quick to moderate. :DHope you have a great new year and look forward to more DISCussion with you in 2009. Cheers! john

hawkgammon
Jan 02 2009, 10:01 AM
PDGA state coordinators in Pennsylvania (PA) <font color="red"> that don't play PDGA events </font>

To be fair Jeff played one in 2004. Apparently this participation schedule allows him to stay in touch with the pulse of the typical Association player and his constituents. My playing in 17 events in 2008 has clearly skewed my perspective.

sandalman
Jan 02 2009, 02:31 PM
it is, however, a great strategy for avoiding sending event fees to GA.

hawkgammon
Jan 02 2009, 04:01 PM
Or to keep your rating at a certain level.

Jeff_LaG
Jan 02 2009, 07:08 PM
Or maybe his skills have eroded so much that he's not competitive in Open and is tired of donating $50+ entry fees, is too young (by 3 years) for Masters, and sports no interest in playing in Advanced again for crappy merchandise?

Not to mention tired of playing in slow-as-molasses 4+ hour rounds, the fact that I am typically WORKING as Director of Scoring at many PDGA Sanctioned events, and I get my fill from the dozens of Ice Bowls, Ace Races, World's Biggest, monthlies, BYOP doubles tournaments, random draw doubles, tag rounds, and casual rounds which I play each year. So I still get plenty of opportunity to stay in touch with the pulse of the typical Association player and my constituents.

Sorry the real answer isn't as fun as the conspiracy theories tossed out previously. :D

my_hero
Jan 02 2009, 08:49 PM
It's okay Jeff. You're still My_Hero. ;)

hawkgammon
Jan 02 2009, 09:57 PM
Or maybe his skills have eroded so much that he's not competitive in Open and is tired of donating $50+ entry fees, is too young (by 3 years) for Masters, and sports no interest in playing in Advanced again for crappy merchandise?

Not to mention tired of playing in slow-as-molasses 4+ hour rounds, the fact that I am typically WORKING as Director of Scoring at many PDGA Sanctioned events, and I get my fill from the dozens of Ice Bowls, Ace Races, World's Biggest, monthlies, BYOP doubles tournaments, random draw doubles, tag rounds, and casual rounds which I play each year. So I still get plenty of opportunity to stay in touch with the pulse of the typical Association player and my constituents.

Sorry the real answer isn't as fun as the conspiracy theories tossed out previously. :D

Sounds like you're saying the Association has nothing to offer you as a player. Is this your official State Coordinator position?

Jeff_LaG
Jan 02 2009, 10:35 PM
As State Coordinator I encourage TDs to run their tournaments as PDGA-sanctioned events, and encourage all disc golfers to participate in them.

For me personally, ratings-based events and the Pro 2 division offered me a lot as a player, but alas, they went the way of the dodo bird. So now I volunteer.

bravo
Jan 02 2009, 11:56 PM
i also believe there is plenty of golf rounds available to play and enjoy without the politicaly enflamed pdga.i certainly would like to play in another am worlds but ive got to get over this hump of membership with the frustration i currently feel with this organization.

ChrisWoj
Jan 03 2009, 05:01 AM
The fact that anybody takes any of this chit seriously cracks me up. Seriously, its an internet message board. Who the crap cares?

I mean, the fact that the moderators take their jobs as seriously as they do is kinda funny. But the fact that everyone else takes the jobs the moderators do so seriously? THAT is hilarious.

hawkgammon
Jan 03 2009, 08:49 AM
For me personally, ratings-based events and the Pro 2 division offered me a lot as a player, but alas, they went the way of the dodo bird. So now I volunteer.

Are you saying that for players the Association is headed for extinction?

Jeff_LaG
Jan 03 2009, 09:34 AM
Are you saying that no matter what valid point I make, you'll try to put words in my mouth and spin it into some anti-PDGA rhetoric?

Since that seems to be the little game you're playing, I'll engage you no further. But let's just say my stance on the competition system is well known and has been repeated ad nauseum in many threads over the years. When you boil it down, age protection is nothing more than ability protection. So why not just go to straight ability protection? Intuitively, the fact that I'll qualify for Masters in 3 years and a protected division with the same ability (or worse, or better!) as I have now makes absolutely no sense to me. Never has, never will.

my_hero
Jan 03 2009, 10:02 AM
I'll engage you no further

Hawk, did he just threaten you or relieve you?

hawkgammon
Jan 03 2009, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure. I'm having my staff review his post. It appears that he didn't deny it though... However it seems he wants the ring back.

keithjohnson
Jan 04 2009, 02:46 AM
Keith, No worries. I've always enjoyed your presence and ideas on the MB. I'd never report you, or anyone for that matter, for a post. Just simply trying to be Your_Hero - Hope you have a great new year and look forward to more DISCussion with you in 2009. Cheers! john

This is the reason why I LOVE my Texas pals, even if I don't get to see them as much as in the long ago past.

Keith

keithjohnson
Jan 04 2009, 02:53 AM
Sounds like you're saying the Association has nothing to offer you as a player. Is this your official State Coordinator position?

It's OK Hawk, I make up for Jeff by being the State Coordinator in GA - playing in 25 PDGA sanctioned Events, 7 other non sanctioned Events - running 6 PDGA Events on my own with the Georgia's Super Six Series(GSSS), and helping out at all the Tournaments I play in also. :eek:

My ying to Jeff's yang.

Can't we all just get along? :D

AviarX
Jan 04 2009, 10:43 AM
Gentlemen,

Please be sure to check out this announcement (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=897224&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 97224), as well as the new DISCussion Board rules. (http://pdga.com/discussion-board-rules-updated-12302008)

Wow!

PDGA: <u>P</u>ecuniarily <u>D</u>irected <u>G</u>rouping of <u>A</u>mateurs

...taking itself way too seriously from the top down...

hawkgammon
Jan 04 2009, 10:57 AM
It's OK Hawk, I make up for Jeff by being the State Coordinator in GA - playing in 25 PDGA sanctioned Events, 7 other non sanctioned Events - running 6 PDGA Events on my own with the Georgia's Super Six Series(GSSS), and helping out at all the Tournaments I play in also. :eek:

Now that's what I'm talking about! Kudos to Keith.

hawkgammon
Jan 04 2009, 10:59 AM
The PDGA: Slogan free since 2009!

Pizza God
Jan 04 2009, 12:41 PM
Gentlemen,

Wow!

PDGA: <u>P</u>ecuniarily <u>D</u>irected <u>G</u>rouping of <u>A</u>mateurs

...taking itself way too seriously from the top down...

6. Discussion about the solicitation, distribution or manufacture of illegal drugs. This includes posting images of illegal drugs

opps

AviarX
Jan 04 2009, 02:14 PM
This includes posting images of illegal drugs

does that mean if you post an image of a pot leaf from Amsterdam it's all good? :confused: :D

my_hero
Jan 04 2009, 05:37 PM
This includes posting images of illegal drugs

What about posting PDGA APPROVED discs stamped with the above named no-no? Seems i recall someone getting probed for that.

Left hand, meet the right hand.

AviarX
Jan 04 2009, 10:08 PM
is hemp illegal? can't one buy legal hemp products like mousepads or shirts that are produced from the cannabis plant/leaf?
i haven't smoked pot for almost 20 years because of the criminalization of marijuana, but making it illegal seems like a stupid approach to regulating recreational use of a drug. when the more dangerous drug alcohol was criminalized -- it became a much bigger problem, went untaxed, and grew organized crime into such a huge problem that they/we eventually gave up and legalized it ;)

jamie
Jan 05 2009, 12:45 PM
The PDGA: Slogan free since 2009!

LMFAO

Unfortunately, after 10 years of membership, I won't renew this year. Hope to talk to some of you on the course, since I wont periodically post here anymore.

sandalman
Jan 05 2009, 01:14 PM
hemp is used for lots of products, from soap to lampoil. i think its probably ok to talk about naturally growing resources. we just cant show pictures of the natually growing resources.

hemp disc golf necklace (http://www.mount7discs.com/store/product.php?productid=12886&cat=274&page=1)

http://www.mount7discs.com/store/imagebank/200/mdn-hempneck.jpg

the convenience and durability of hemp pouches is popular with disc golfers (http://www.chainreactiondiscgolf.com/BAGSTRAPS/bagstraps.htm)

http://www.chainreactiondiscgolf.com/GEAR/hempouch.jpg

even discs are made from hemp (http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=element%5Forganic%5Fphish)

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/prodimages/element_organichemp_phish_big.jpg

moral of the story: use it however you want, just dont publish or link to a pic of the original resource.

my_hero
Jan 05 2009, 02:30 PM
I bet you could post a pic of the source if the source had a red circle and a red line through it suggesting not to touch it. Just another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3025/2754465115f3bcf954dbmw5.jpg

J A B
Jan 05 2009, 05:53 PM
PDGA: "We bring our feeling to the internet"

Why bother

circle_2
Jan 05 2009, 06:53 PM
Dude...that sure is some fierce poison ivy! It'll make your eyes red for sure!! :D

AviarX
Jan 05 2009, 09:13 PM
Mark Twain once said "suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress ... but i repeat myself."

if he levied that quip against the PDGA leadership --

suppose you are an idiot, and suppose you are in a leadership position with the PDGA... but i repeat myself --

would he get banned?

:eek: :D

sandalman
Jan 05 2009, 09:35 PM
basically it comes down to this:

you could show the rending of the earth in all ways physical, political and spiritual as a precursor to the disc production process.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/2118136522_f10bd4e098.jpg?v=0

but could you show the growing of the plant as a precursor to the disc production process?

the pdga is not necessarily about encouraging ideals at that level. i'm not saying what is right or best, just observing how it is.

johnrock
Jan 06 2009, 09:44 AM
Can one be probed for posting an observation?

sandalman
Jan 06 2009, 10:25 AM
not sure on that one... lets see... if it depicted the organization in a bad light, then yes, i spose so. but the fact that it was an observation would override (truth wins out) so i dont think so. perhaps if the observer merely observed "x, y, and z happened" without comment, then any value judgement would be left for the reader to make, and the post itself would not be negative. that leaves us needing faith that the probers have the ability to distinguish between what is posted and what is read into the post. i have that faith in the moderators. i am less sure when it comes to higher up the moderation ladder.

johnrock
Jan 06 2009, 10:45 AM
Bummer. The higher up the ladder you go, the closer the rungs are to each other.

sandalman
Jan 06 2009, 11:38 AM
yes but you are closer to heaven

Alacrity
Jan 06 2009, 01:39 PM
or you could find you started up the wrong latter.....

http://blogs.poz.com/shawn/upload/mountain_climbing.jpg

Jan 06 2009, 08:19 PM
I bet you could post a pic of the source if the source had a red circle and a red line through it suggesting not to touch it. Just another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

good thing i can roll one-handed... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

seewhere
Jan 07 2009, 10:17 AM
pdga Pushing Disc Golfers Away. :confused:

AviarX
Jan 07 2009, 07:19 PM
unfortunately that is pretty apropos

my_hero
Jan 19 2009, 03:03 PM
Where'd everybody go?

twoputtok
Jan 19 2009, 04:30 PM
They're on probation :D

sandalman
Jan 19 2009, 05:23 PM
i'm afraid to post anything except liquid crystal sugar and drippy sweet saccharine.

pdga: no slogans allowed! :)

JesusShoes
Jan 19 2009, 05:52 PM
lol

JesusShoes
Jan 19 2009, 05:53 PM
rofl.... me JesusShoes (a.k.a. Sandals) comes in and posts right behind Sandall Man!

sandalman
Jan 19 2009, 06:22 PM
funny how sometimes we complain that we are like governments and sometimes we try to be even more like governments. what'd'ya know (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_australia_monarchy)

hawkgammon
Jan 20 2009, 09:42 AM
Disc Golf: Taking image paranoia to new lows.

Disc Golf: We've got something to hide.

Disc Golf: We'll huff and we'll puff and we'll blow this putt.

AviarX
Jan 20 2009, 10:12 AM
PDGA: It's better to look good than to be good

looking good is everything :D

zzgolfer
Jan 20 2009, 11:20 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3482/3212188877_ee587c0944_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3212188877/)

hawkgammon
Jan 20 2009, 04:19 PM
Disc Golf: Like pro wrestling without the hot chicks.

Teemac
Jan 21 2009, 10:47 PM
Disc Golf: It's not as gray as it appears!

my_hero
Jan 25 2009, 06:39 PM
Disc Golf: Ignore your instincts at your peril.

the_kid
Jan 25 2009, 07:38 PM
Disc Golf: Just wait 5 more years.

Pizza God
Jan 25 2009, 07:55 PM
Hey Matt's back :D

the_kid
Jan 25 2009, 08:05 PM
Don't get too excited I have a feeling it won't last and I will be off for 3 months for saying "something"

my_hero
Jan 25 2009, 11:45 PM
Disc Golf:

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me.
Theres a truth in your eyes sayin youll never leave me.
The touch of your hand says youll catch me if ever I fall.
You say it best when you say nothing at all.

bruce_brakel
Jan 26 2009, 11:01 AM
The PDGA: Where [censored] is still [censored]! :D

hawkgammon
Jan 26 2009, 11:44 AM
Disc Golf: Sports dirty little secret.

Disc Golf: Besmirching golf since the mid '70's.

mr smOOOth
Jan 27 2009, 02:02 AM
Disc Golf: Our 1%ers are drug free!

Grog
Jan 27 2009, 08:52 PM
Disc Golf: Besmirching golf since the mid '70's.

Way to go Hawk! [censored] off the PGA now too! :D

playtowin
Jan 28 2009, 12:38 AM
"No wimps, no whiners." Scratch that... "plenty of whiners!"

hawkgammon
Feb 05 2009, 11:09 AM
Disc Golf: Proudly welcomes Michael Phelps.

Feb 05 2009, 07:51 PM
PDGA: Pot Smoke, It's In The Air!

hawkgammon
Feb 06 2009, 08:00 AM
Disc Golf: America's Version of Sumo Wrestling (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_on_re_as/as_japan_sumo_drug_scandal)

kkrasinski
Feb 06 2009, 06:10 PM
Disc Golf: Proudly welcomes Michael Phelps.

..Barack Obama, and Sarah Palin.

my_hero
Feb 06 2009, 09:34 PM
Disc Golf: Moving forward at the speed of molasses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhfoFNtz2Y)

my_hero
Feb 09 2009, 07:51 PM
Disc Golf: I love what you do for me.

Oh wait, that's TOYOTA! Sorry, nevermind, carry on.

hawkgammon
Feb 16 2009, 04:27 PM
Disc Golf: What's that smell in the air?

the_kid
Feb 16 2009, 09:04 PM
Disc Golf: What's that smell in the air?

Must be them hooligan DGers. They love to put it in the air........DG that is.

Grog
Feb 16 2009, 10:30 PM
Disc Golf: Be a hooligan!

Pizza God
Mar 01 2009, 02:24 PM
Well as California contemplates legalizing a certain Weed (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29374351/).

Watch this video about Kellogg's result of dropping Michael Phelps.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tenCVCa8Y1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tenCVCa8Y1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

While I still have feel the same way about the subject and that the stuff has no place in a tournament setting (or anywhere around the course for that matter) I do support the California legislation and think the video shows that perception may be changing in this country.